• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CELEBRATE THE MANUFACTURING ERRORS
10 10

412 posts in this topic

Going into the archives now.  Here's Superman 74 (with correct cover), Superman 75 (with incorrect #74 on the cover), and Superman 75 (with correct cover).  I remember when I started collecting Superman as a teenager in the late 1970's seeing this in the Overstreet Price Guide and thinking to myself "I'm never going to find that error copy".  Back then it was really hard to find Golden Age when you were growing up in Nebraska and Iowa.

While I was looking through my archives, I found a replica of Superman #1 that I suspect very few people have ever seen before.  Check for my postings and you will see it.  

404875685_Superman7475errorvariants.thumb.jpg.11b38787adf7a1340669b5562ffe58ad.jpg

Edited by Cpt Kirk

On 6/20/2022 at 10:41 PM, Cpt Kirk said:

Here's the last one and I'm calling it quits for awhile. 

I enjoyed looking at those Captain. I used to collect ASM misprints and had about a hundred at one point ranging from the dramatic to the barely noticeable. You're a man after my own heart!

On 6/20/2022 at 6:12 PM, PhantomEwan said:

Correct. The newsstand editions were made with the cheap paper and no poster. So actually not positive if the error is the wrong cover or the wrong interior 😅

Lol shroedinger Haha, but very cool. :)

On 11/27/2023 at 3:56 PM, gooshball said:

Took me a while to figure out what was going on with this one when it arrived today.

Interior wraps are inside out.  Starts on page 13 with the last page and page 1 in the middle ending on 12.

20231127_144213.jpg

20231127_144220.jpg

20231127_144230.jpg

20231127_144237.jpg

Really nice looking copy, did you know its manufacturing errors before purchasing?

On 11/27/2023 at 4:42 PM, littledoom said:

Really nice looking copy, did you know its manufacturing errors before purchasing?

I did not.  I was worried I was going to have to return it when it opened to page 13.  Took me nearly 15 minutes to find pictures of X men 50 interior and figure out what was happening.

It is very nice.  A little distributor ink up top but probably a solid 7.5-8.5 white pages.

On 11/27/2023 at 5:25 PM, gooshball said:

I did not.  I was worried I was going to have to return it when it opened to page 13.  Took me nearly 15 minutes to find pictures of X men 50 interior and figure out what was happening.

It is very nice.  A little distributor ink up top but probably a solid 7.5-8.5 white pages.

I would have kept it also, neat find