• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CELEBRATE THE MANUFACTURING ERRORS
10 10

412 posts in this topic

On 1/4/2022 at 7:40 PM, J_M_ said:

This is a crazy one....it's a Image cover on a Marvel book.

It's Thumbs #1 2nd printing cover on 4 FULL copies of Marvel's Domino's: Hotshots #4....no pages of Thumbs #1 are in the book.

20220104_160449.jpg

20220104_160712.jpg

20220104_160642.jpg

Any other known copies? I see one in eBay sold section. An error like that is insanely rare and justifiably valuable :banana:

On 1/4/2022 at 11:07 PM, littledoom said:

Any other known copies? I see one in eBay sold section. An error like that is insanely rare and justifiably valuable :banana:

The one that sold is this copy.... paid a pretty penny for it but I had to have it lol

Solson Publishing made a lot of mistakes when printing the TMNT Martial Arts Training manual series. Here are the ones I own: 'Yellow Turtle' (Manufactured without cyan ink on the cover), 3 variations of Donatello, How to Draw TMNT (Manufactured without yellow ink on the over), and Training manual #1 with staggered colors.

*The slab (How to Draw TMNT) was graded before the 'error' was identified. All newer submissions got a qualified label.

yellow_turtle_02.jpg

4_Donatello_Variants.jpg

20220224_182152.jpg

Solson_Printing_Error.jpg

Probably the perfect comic for what is, I think, a printing error, something with the cover colors.

I've had this one forever, and just assumed they all looked like this, maybe as part of the joke.

Is it maybe sun-fade I didn't notice when I got it? I've had it boxed away since the late 80's/early 90's.

(Back cover also shown for sleuthin' purposes...)

noprize.jpg

noprizeB.jpg