• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

See You In Seven Months

39 posts in this topic

Hey guys...just wanted to say thanks for making this a great board to visit. I am leaving tomorrow for a seven month deployment and will not really have many chances to log in until I am back. I really wanted to thank everybody who supported me after the fire...Tmoore and Korvac in particular, thanks a million guys! All the great messages and the nice deeds were very motivating and I have pulled a decent little collection together in the past few months. Thanks to everybody who answered questions for me in posts and offered helpful advice (EvilAsh...when I get back i'm going to kiss my girlfriend, pet my cat and check out my Walking Dead OA...in THAT particular order!). Really, just thanks for making this a cool place for a fellow comic lover to "hang out". I will miss the hobby and the great conversations that come with it while I am gone but sure that I will have enough experiences to make it worthwhile. You can believe that I intend to pick it back up again full force when I return and this forum will be my first stop. Take care everybody and I'll see you in October!

- Joe :headbang:

Your service is appreciated. (worship)

Hey guys...just wanted to say thanks for making this a great board to visit. I am leaving tomorrow for a seven month deployment and will not really have many chances to log in until I am back. I really wanted to thank everybody who supported me after the fire...Tmoore and Korvac in particular, thanks a million guys! All the great messages and the nice deeds were very motivating and I have pulled a decent little collection together in the past few months. Thanks to everybody who answered questions for me in posts and offered helpful advice (EvilAsh...when I get back i'm going to kiss my girlfriend, pet my cat and check out my Walking Dead OA...in THAT particular order!). Really, just thanks for making this a cool place for a fellow comic lover to "hang out". I will miss the hobby and the great conversations that come with it while I am gone but sure that I will have enough experiences to make it worthwhile. You can believe that I intend to pick it back up again full force when I return and this forum will be my first stop. Take care everybody and I'll see you in October!

- Joe :headbang:

Your service is appreciated. (worship)

(thumbs u

Hello again :hi:

First off, thank you guys for all the nice comments. I truly appreciate it.

What can I say about cruise? It was seven extreme months. The highest highs and the lowest lows but in the end...an experience I'll never forget. The people around you drive you nuts and keep you going at the same time. It's great to be back though. I got back a few weeks ago and after a few days back on the job I enjoyed a few weeks back home in Virginia. Of course I had to go to all the old haunts...Comic Kings, Trilogy and Fantasy Escape. I really missed this hobby. My girlfriend sent me my Spidey's and Walking Deads while I was out (thanks babe!) but to be able to surf these boards and Ebay again as well as hit some brick and mortars really makes me feel human again! Some of you may remember the "hiccup" in my collection but I want you to know I'm already back at it since I got home. Besides picking up a bunch of beat up silvers :cloud9: from Joey at Comic Kings I also won an ebay auction from him that will replace one third of my Amazing Spiderman collection (Thanks Joey!!!) once it arrives here in Washington. I've already won 10+ auctions on Ebay in the last few weeks including four sweetly priced Walking Dead CGC 9.8's (Thanks Pitboss!!!). You guys will understand when I say I dreamed of getting back here and getting my hands on some books again. It's great to be back and you guys will see plenty of me around here. Thanks again for the posts and I look forward to "hanging out" with you guys. Special shout-out to Trmoore54, Korvac Saga and Shadroch...you know why :hi:.

Joe

:hi: I wasn't here when you left.

But welcome back and thanks for your service. My nephew just headed out a month ago.