• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fake Mile Highs?

170 posts in this topic

Regardless of WHO was involved, it's the books that are really important aren't they?

Many of Ewert's books are off the market, presumably forever (aren't they?) as they are being purchased back. I'm assuming that they won't ever surface again.

Did these books get taken off the market as well or were they just identified as not being real Edgar Church books?

Many of Ewert's books are off the market, presumably forever (aren't they?) as they are being purchased back. I'm assuming that they won't ever surface again.

They are hermetically sealed in a mayonnaise jar on Funk & Wagnall's front porch.

Regardless of WHO was involved, it's the books that are really important aren't they?

Did these books get taken off the market as well or were they just identified as not being real Edgar Church books?

Why would you assume that the Ewert books will never surface again? I'd think any collectible book, whether trimmed or not, will find it's market. Was there some agreement that prevents them from hitting the open market some day?

Why would you assume that the Ewert books will never surface again? I'd think any collectible book, whether trimmed or not, will find it's market. Was there some agreement that prevents them from hitting the open market some day?

If they do resurface, i certainly hope it is with a bright red "Trimmed by Jason Ewert " stamp on the back cover.

Altering a book and deliberately misrepresenting it to maximize profit is unethical no matter who does it. Sweeping it under the table, especially if it involves high profile participants and/or books is a diservice to the hobby. I understand that people can see the error of there ways, and behave ethically from then on, but not owning up to the past doesn't help convince others that you have changed your ways.

I concur with your ideals rjpb, but I don't think the individual in question is even remotely interested in changing his ways - after all, those ways have propelled him to the Grade A list in the hobby, haven't they?

And he's not alone in that regard.

The criminal (fraud) statutes of limitations have long since expired. He owns some of the most desirable books. His collection would rank as one of the best known. He's apparently making money hand over fist on ebay. Why on earth would he even consider coming down from the Ivory Tower to mix it up with the peasants? Too little to gain, and way too much to lose - especially when the truth is against you (again, I refer back to the recent infamous Bluechip example).

Believe me, there's nothing more that I'd like to see.

But the game is over - he's won.

But then thats complete BS isn't it? If someone is seen as an industry leader and commands respect from the entire hobby should people not be told about it? 20 years ago or not, it's complete BS and in reality isn't any better than Ewert or Dupcak. Why does he get a free pass?

Jim

isnt anyone going to tell the story here? How many books are we talking about that had codes added? How long did this go on? Years? Somebody at least pass along a rumor...anythings better than lynching by innuendo. So far all we have is a name but no story or details.

But then thats complete BS isn't it? If someone is seen as an industry leader and commands respect from the entire hobby should people not be told about it? 20 years ago or not, it's complete BS and in reality isn't any better than Ewert or Dupcak. Why does he get a free pass?

Jim

I agree with your statement 100%, but I think a lot of people give him a free pass because they think he will sell them his Action 1 someday (like they could ever afford it) or at least let them see it (like he would ever consider doing that).