• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fake Mile Highs?

170 posts in this topic

So, if what I'm reading is correct, the dentist tried to pass off some fake mile highs?

I'm finally caught up on this thread, but this is still the open question for me. In all the joking, it has gotten lost whether or not he tried to do this. I can't imagine it's true. Can someone clarify?

So, if what I'm reading is correct, the dentist tried to pass off some fake mile highs?

I'm finally caught up on this thread, but this is still the open question for me. In all the joking, it has gotten lost whether or not he tried to do this. I can't imagine it's true. Can someone clarify?

I've been pm'd by people who have made that claim but who seem to be afraid of retribution by the comic gods. I think it's true and it was a long time ago but it's still a crime. Greed...greed...greed..... Anyone wanna speak out on what they know?

I'm amazed at all the PM's I've gotten on this but not as amazed as I am with how afraid people are to speak out about the act itself and the subsequent hushing up of it by the well connected leaders of the hobby in an attempt to protect one of their own and to keep the money rolling in and not upset the apple cart. What a hobby. doh!

I'm amazed at all the PM's I've gotten on this but not as amazed as I am with how afraid people are to speak out about the act itself and the subsequent hushing up of it by the well connected leaders of the hobby in an attempt to protect one of their own and to keep the money rolling in and not upset the apple cart. What a hobby. doh!

I'm listening...no one has PM'd me with info, so can you spill the beans (shrug)

I've been pm'd by people who have made that claim but who seem to be afraid of retribution by the comic gods. I think it's true and it was a long time ago but it's still a crime. Greed...greed...greed..... Anyone wanna speak out on what they know?

Comics gods?!? Why would anyone ever be "afraid" of anyone in this hobby? We buy and sell comic books, not cocaine. Even the biggest dealers are simply small, at most moderate size businesses.

Reminds me of the famous "wheels are in motion" days. lol

PM me and spill the beans. ;)

:popcorn:

PM me too, please

I would appreciate a PM as well, although it would be best for the beans to be spilled on this thread. There are already a lot of insinuations hanging in the air, and some of this stuff could hurt the reputations of innocent people.

Comics gods?!? Why would anyone ever be "afraid" of anyone in this hobby? We buy and sell comic books, not cocaine. Even the biggest dealers are simply small, at most moderate size businesses.

Even Chuck?!?!

Certainly America's Biggest Comic Dealer must be makin' bank.

as i recall "SOMEONE" told me a story along long time ago,this man in va got caught selling fake mile highs......he was very close to someone very powerful in maryland,the person in maryland made it all go away................p.s he has alot of money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!