• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fake Mile Highs?

170 posts in this topic

So, if what I'm reading is correct, the dentist tried to pass off some fake mile highs?

I'm finally caught up on this thread, but this is still the open question for me. In all the joking, it has gotten lost whether or not he tried to do this. I can't imagine it's true. Can someone clarify?

I've been pm'd by people who have made that claim but who seem to be afraid of retribution by the comic gods. I think it's true and it was a long time ago but it's still a crime. Greed...greed...greed..... Anyone wanna speak out on what they know?

Comics gods?!? Why would anyone ever be "afraid" of anyone in this hobby? We buy and sell comic books, not cocaine. Even the biggest dealers are simply small, at most moderate size businesses.

Reminds me of the famous "wheels are in motion" days. lol

Well, there is one man that no dealer (store that deals in current comics at all) can afford to off. If he is involved in any way, they cannot say anything.

BTW, I wouldn't mind receiving some PMs. I don't know any details about this whole mess and was just stating the obvious.

This is so ridiculous. Does it matter if it gets said in PMs or out in the boards? If it's not true, it's defamatory either way. I've only had 1 person PM me. The only reason I'm not spilling it is that what I've been related is like a 5th generation rumor. Neither I nor the person who told me has any factual basis for the allegations.

This is so ridiculous. Does it matter if it gets said in PMs or out in the boards? If it's not true, it's defamatory either way. I've only had 1 person PM me. The only reason I'm not spilling it is that what I've been related is like a 5th generation rumor. Neither I nor the person who told me has any factual basis for the allegations.

I think there are some folks that "know" that it does/must matter too... some folks depend on this hobby/industry to support their families, etc, and sometimes, things that we are curious about, can "kill the cat".... if it has remained under wraps for this long (and we are talking about 20 years here), then it likely is destined to remain under "wraps"... just my opinion...

My opinion is that people that crossed the line and faked Mile Highs were crooks then, are crooks now, and will continue to be crooks going forward. Life is full of a lot of lines one should not cross but once you find justification to cross one (or more) it is impossible to go back. The mentality required to justify doing it once will allow them to justify doing it again even if caught the first time. Take the case of Joe Dungan. Sure, maybe he did fake Mile Highs, but anyone here ever try to trade with him? I still use preperation H to this day from my trade deal with him. Complete and total crook. Others that faked Mile Highs that are still very active in the hobby today are crooks, plan and simple.

My opinion is that people that crossed the line and faked Mile Highs were crooks then, are crooks now, and will continue to be crooks going forward. Life is full of a lot of lines one should not cross but once you find justification to cross one (or more) it is impossible to go back. The mentality required to justify doing it once will allow them to justify doing it again even if caught the first time. Take the case of Joe Dungan. Sure, maybe he did fake Mile Highs, but anyone here ever try to trade with him? I still use preperation H to this day from my trade deal with him. Complete and total crook. Others that faked Mile Highs that are still very active in the hobby today are crooks, plan and simple.

I actually did quite well with Joe Dungan...every book he bought back from me, that he had sold me, he actually paid more than I had paid him...guess I got lucky :)

I actually did quite well with Joe Dungan...every book he bought back from me, that he had sold me, he actually paid more than I had paid him...guess I got lucky :)

Is he any relation to "Hacksaw" Jim Dugan?

could someone tell me the jason ewert story,i've been out of the loop for a few years
\

just use the search function, you will find plenty (thumbs u

found this online:

link

Ewert v. Coller et al

Plaintiff: Jason Ewert

Defendant: Bruce Coller

Case Number: 8:2007cv02124

Filed: November 19, 2007

Court: Florida Middle District Court

Office: Tampa Office [ Court Info ]

County: Sarasota