• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moon Knight Rules!!!!
1 1

599 posts in this topic

Vengeance of the Moon Knight #10, Shadowland #1 and Secret Avengers #1 2nd printing.

votmk10slsa.jpg

Shadowland #1 also has a wraparound cover variant which I did not get as of yet.

So when did he get the black costume?

hm

Good question! lol

I was talking about that in the Secret Avengers thread and about the timeline.

In Vengeance of the Moon Knight #10 he first wears his black costume in the timeline due to his first Secret Avengers mission and they want him to be stealth.

However in Secret Avengers #1 that is later in the timeline he is back in his white costume and then in Secret Avengers #2 he is back again in his black costume.

My only explanation is that he goes back and fourth between his new suit depending on the circumstances of what the mission requires. VotMK #10 they wanted stealth for the mission as explained in the book for his new costume. SA #2 my only guess is that it was because he was in outer space and that new suit had space features.

The white outfit is a big part of his persona in my opinion because he wants his enemies to see him coming and put fear in them.

In my opinion Secret Avengers #2 would be the first appearance of Moon Knight in a black costume because that book came first but VotMK #10 would have been the first time he wore it in the marvel timeline.

Save your money Whisp.

In about 5 years, you'll be asking yourself "Why did I spend all this money on trying to complete this collection?!?!?!"

I would know - I tried to collect every Barry Bonds baseball card when I was a teenager, and it's a never ending and impossible task.

Save your money Whisp.

In about 5 years, you'll be asking yourself "Why did I spend all this money on trying to complete this collection?!?!?!"

I would know - I tried to collect every Barry Bonds baseball card when I was a teenager, and it's a never ending and impossible task.

I don't collect Moon Knight for its value. I collect it because he is my favourite character and enjoy doing this.

Regardless Im down to roughly 60 books plus whatever new comes out and a few magazines. Also a good portion of those books are $1 bin books so not like a huge expense. On top of that I have had store credit for like 2 years straight from doing odd jobs at my LCS so that covers my moderns.

Save your money Whisp.

I don't collect Moon Knight for its value. I collect it because he is my favourite character and enjoy doing this.

Regardless Im down to roughly 60 books plus whatever new comes out and a few magazines. Also a good portion of those books are $1 bin books so not like a huge expense. On top of that I have had store credit for like 2 years straight from doing odd jobs at my LCS so that covers my moderns.

That`s what it is about (thumbs u I wish I had the same passion for one character like you do but unfortunately right now I don`t.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

Save your money Whisp.

That`s what it is about (thumbs u I wish I had the same passion for one character like you do but unfortunately right now I don`t.

Nothing wrong with that. You collect what you like. While Moon Knight is my main goal I also am working on completing a Marvel GI Joe Arah set along with I buy covers that pop out at me be it bronze age horror or war, silver age war and a few moderns along the way.

I have two copies of #1. Neither is Pence version but for my collection for that age of books I don't care if I have a u.s., u.k. or canada version.

Of the two I do have they both have different price tags and are both 50 cent and don't know what the difference is suppose to specify.

So awesome to stumble across as avid of a Moon Knight fan as myself. You've got quite a collection going. I may have you on shear volume of copies (I'm approaching 5 complete runs of each of the series and almost 10 copies of WWBN 32 along with a full run of WWBN), but you far surpass me on random appearances, etc.

Anyway, the difference in the price markings you mention are direct sale versus news stand. IIRC the diamond is the direct sale version (comic shops, etc) and the other is the regular news stand.

Anyway, awesome work! I'm now going to use your list of appearances to complete my collection as well! Moon Knight is essentially all I collect for the same reason you seem too. Thanks for the inspiration!

edit: I'm always on the look out for original MK art, especially from the BillS days. PLEASE drop me a line if you see any!... Also, I started collecting LONG before the CGC ever existed. Whats the best/easiest way to get some of my MK books graded?

edit2: You would probably appreciate this MK original art. I've been trying to get the owner to part with it for a while now.. :(

The image itself is too big to show here: Moon Knight Original Cover art

Edited by sl4ppy

I have two copies of #1. Neither is Pence version but for my collection for that age of books I don't care if I have a u.s., u.k. or canada version.

Of the two I do have they both have different price tags and are both 50 cent and don't know what the difference is suppose to specify.

So awesome to stumble across as avid of a Moon Knight fan as myself. You've got quite a collection going. I may have you on shear volume of copies (I'm approaching 5 complete runs of each of the series and almost 10 copies of WWBN 32 along with a full run of WWBN), but you far surpass me on random appearances, etc.

Anyway, the difference in the price markings you mention are direct sale versus news stand. IIRC the diamond is the direct sale version (comic shops, etc) and the other is the regular news stand.

Anyway, awesome work! I'm now going to use your list of appearances to complete my collection as well! Moon Knight is essentially all I collect for the same reason you seem too. Thanks for the inspiration!

edit: I'm always on the look out for original MK art, especially from the BillS days. PLEASE drop me a line if you see any!... Also, I started collecting LONG before the CGC ever existed. Whats the best/easiest way to get some of my MK books graded?

edit2: You would probably appreciate this MK original art. I've been trying to get the owner to part with it for a while now.. :(

The image itself is too big to show here: Moon Knight Original Cover art

Hi and welcome to the boards.

If you are looking for original art try making a thread in the want to buy section of this site. I am sure someone would probably be able to help you out.

As for grading I do it thru a friend to CGC or I buy them already CGC graded. I only got ones I felt where keys of the collection graded this way. Rest are raw.

That piece looks nice without the colouring that you linked.

As for my lists it takes both I have linked to compile the list and there is some unconfirmed and such. If you can confirm any of the unconfrimed ones as you get them let me know.

:)

Thanks for the info. Added them to my list. If you know of any others let me know due to my list isn't 100% complete. There is also a few books I don''t have on there because I was unable to confirm even while having the book in hand. An example is that Moon Knight is suppose to be in the latest modern series called S.H.I.E.L.D. in #1 but I have read it over 4 times yet comicvine lists him as being in it. Must be an unknown background character so I did not add it to the list. Comicvine has also be known to have mistakes sometimes on who is inside the books though so could be a mistake also.

Is Comics Feature a Magazine? Looks like it but not sure.

VotMk #10 2nd printing came out today. I don't have it but just letting people know.

Picked it up yesterday. ;) Not the greatest copy (9.4ish?), but the better of the two my local shop had.

Also snagged the 2 Hardbacks I was missing from a sales thread earlier in the week...

Oh and check out my latest acquisition.

CCI03132010_00002.jpg

One of only TWO SS series #32's higher than a 3.5. :) Arrives today; SOO excited. :)

Edited by sl4ppy

Here's what I consider my "key" books from my MK collection including my item above...

...missing a 5th WBN #32 and an MK Vol. 1 #1 both out being graded...

Thumbnail below; links to a rather large image if you're bandwidth constrained...

:gossip: notice the top raw copy of WBN #32 is also signed by Stan Lee. ;)

wwbn_thumb.png

Edited by sl4ppy

Here's what I consider my "key" books from my MK collection including my item above...

...missing a 5th WBN #32 and an MK Vol. 1 #1 both out being graded...

Thumbnail below; links to a rather large image if you're bandwidth constrained...

:gossip: notice the top raw copy of WBN #32 is also signed by Stan Lee. ;)

wwbn_thumb.png

What are the grades of your raw WBN #32s?