• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moon Knight Rules!!!!
1 1

599 posts in this topic

Probably not but like most of this stuff it always goes down in value but only time will tell. I will wait on the sidlines too I see one and hopefully it will be cheap. Im cheap and why I skipped many of the latest variants because I have better things to be doing with my money then buying manufactured so called rare items.

Don't get me wrong though that is still a pretty cool book. Added to the want list.

Now thanks to Marvel I have an incomplete collection that I will probably never complete now.

GG marvel me off more lol

Probably, but the NFResale version had a few thousand print run; the virgin is in the 300 range.. I'm not sure it'll ever have that many copies floating around.

You could try and educate the masses by 1) sending a picture of your book to ComicVine or 2) place the book up for sell in your eBay store and let people discover it for themselves. (shrug):hi:

Edited by whetteon

Probably, but the NFResale version had a few thousand print run; the virgin is in the 300 range.. I'm not sure it'll ever have that many copies floating around.

You could try and educate the masses by 1) sending a picture of your book to ComicVine or 2) place the book up for sell in your eBay store and let people discover it for themselves. (shrug):hi:

I did create an account and upload the cover to ComicVine. We'll see if the moderators actually post it...

I dont really want to sell it; I guess I could list it for a ridiculous price...

Ran across this blurb in Marvel Fanfare. Pretty interesting.

I guess I'm ashamed to admit I always thought that once MK got his own book, his costume was white. He was clearly silver in the WBN books, but I had no idea he was actually BLACK with a silver cape & cowl. :o Consequently I always hated the silver Bowen MK statue. lol

Guess I'm eating crow now.

BillSComment.jpg

Edited by sl4ppy

That is why the marvel legends figure regular version is pretty spot on with the black under the silver and the variant is pure silver.

And in the wwbn books while it was the same with black under silver and from my understanding of this was because he was created to fight a werewolf thus his weapons and protection where made of silver.

And I forget where I read this but from my understanding Moon Knight in the wwbn timeline got his powers after fighting a werewolf and being bitten thru his silver armor which is why he becomes more powerful depending on the moon.

And I forget where I read this but from my understanding Moon Knight in the wwbn timeline got his powers after fighting a werewolf and being bitten thru his silver armor which is why he becomes more powerful depending on the moon.

Yep, that is exactly correct. Just read WWBN again the other day and that is indeed what it states. :)

Edited by sl4ppy

Now that I know this, I'm keen to snag a Bowen statue. :)

Check out these even more accurate custom paints on the Bowen statue.

MycustomDSC_0034.jpgMycustomDSC_0036.jpg

Even the white with the black looks pretty awesome.

162748961.jpg

162748986.jpg

Edited by sl4ppy

I like that statue (original white) but that one was higher priced then the pure silver one(regular release). I didn't like the pure silver one though.

The customs are nicer though for both.

Marvel legends figure. Don't have it yet but I am working a toyshow on May 15th so going to check out all the vendors to see if any moon knight figures that I am missing are around. :)

moon_knight.jpg

I like that statue (original white) but that one was higher priced then the pure silver one(regular release). I didn't like the pure silver one though.

The customs are nicer though for both.

Marvel legends figure. Don't have it yet but I am working a toyshow on May 15th so going to check out all the vendors to see if any moon knight figures that I am missing are around. :)

moon_knight.jpg

Wow, that actually looks pretty good! I may have to see if I can find one. :o

Never seen that virgin edition. Where did that book come from?

I bought it off LBJArm..

IIRC, he said it was a 300 issue print run given out to people who purchased memberships for Marvel Digital Comics.

I bought it from him raw for $70(??). No idea if it'll ever really be worth that, but for me it was more just about having one of the rarest MK books there is...

Here's hoping none (or very very few) of those other 300 copies are in as decent of shape or ever slabbed. :) I assume Marvel just mailed them out so most are likely destroyed by the USPS; creases, etc...

Like I said. It's a Marvel Variant available to subscribers whos purchased a membership to the

Marvel Digital Comics.

Similar to the J Scott Campbell Psyloc X-Men Varint...and the Shield variant.

Each con got a different variant. Limited print run.

I'm not a moon knight fan but reading your post, you got a great buy. Only a run of 300 and you got a 9.8 is definitely a book to have in your collection. Paying $70.00 for is a good price because you got a 9.8 cgc out of it.

Edited by vane

Well good luck with your collections of Moon Knight guys.

I will probably never be able to get that book so my goal of every book is now unlikely so I am going to go collect something else that is not Marvel related.

This was my last straw with Marvel and they have made the hobby not fun with all their stupidity. They have a mindset that we are all millionaires or something and can afford to be wasting 100's a month on manufactured rares.

:screwy:

Have fun!

I will probably never be able to get that book so my goal of every book is now unlikely so I am going to go collect something else that is not Marvel related.

This was my last straw with Marvel and they have made the hobby not fun with all their stupidity. They have a mindset that we are all millionaires or something and can afford to be wasting 100's a month on manufactured rares.

Have fun!

Don't give up man! Even if there's one comic you don't wind up getting, you can still have the sweetest of the sweet Moon Knight collections. I collect Flash comics, and knowing I may never have a Showcase 4 doesn't phase me. (Well, not too much.)

Have fun!

Are you serious Whisp!The thrill of the hunt is part of the fun,if you can't afford a book now save up until you can.I don't have a big budget like most of these guys on here.I can't afford a Showcase #22 right now,but thank God some people like G.A tor/Rick will hold the book for me until I can afford it.Your Moon Knight collection is far and away the best Moon Knight collection I have ever seen,your going to let one book cramp your style,please! Your a bigger person than that,and I'm sure with your tenacity you will find a way to get that book your looking for. (thumbs u

Have fun!

Are you serious Whisp!The thrill of the hunt is part of the fun,if you can't afford a book now save up until you can.I don't have a big budget like most of these guys on here.I can't afford a Showcase #22 right now,but thank God some people like G.A tor/Rick will hold the book for me until I can afford it.Your Moon Knight collection is far and away the best Moon Knight collection I have ever seen,your going to let one book cramp your style,please! Your a bigger person than that,and I'm sure with your tenacity you will find a way to get that book your looking for. (thumbs u

Nope I have had it with moderns. I even emailed and made a post on Marvel about their stupidty. Its one thing to have to hunt down stuff but to have to pay excessive amounts of money is BS for manufactured rares. Only person that does well is Marvel and the reseller while the collector gets screwed out of their money. I am really thinking that this hobby is getting way to greedy.

I have spent roughly around $600 on the main titles like wwbn, spotlights + variants and the regular series from the beginning. The appearances I pretty much payed a $1 a piece except a few moderns so about $300. That is a rough number but I gave more then 150+ appearances.

So looking around a total of $900 up to now.

Now lets look at a block of releases in the past year that I have been unable to obtain due to rarity and stupid variants that are 1 in 75's and such.

Lets start off with the sillyness of Secert Avengers

-----

SECRET AVENGERS:

1 DJURDJEVIC VARIANT

1 Deodato VARIANT

2 2ND PRINTING VARIANT

2 Deodato variant (Moon Knight cover)

3 Deodato VARIANT

4 2ND PRINTING VARIANT

4 WOMEN OF MARVEL VARIANT 1 in 15

4 unknown valkyrie cover variant that is not women of marvel variant and possible not released ( Arthur Adams Variant )

4 Deodato variant 1 in 75

5 Super Hero Squad Variant

5 Deodato Variant

6 Deodato variant

6 women of marvel variant

6 vampire variant

7 tron variant

-----

That block you are looking between $300-400 just to obtain on manufactured variants and rareities. I bought 150+ books for that and they think I want to spend that on 16 books and that is only part of the list. We got this virgin copy for $70+ along with shadowland variants and a bunch of others. Just this year alone in variants is going to cost more then half of what I payed to get my whole collection.

Marvel thinks for some reason people enjoy this many variants but majority of people I have talked to are sick of them. There is no way I am laying down that type of cash and even if I was working and such I would not do it. I rather go spend that type of cash on finishing my Joe set which is what I have decided to do. I can get 155, 154 and 1 - 13 probably for that type of cash and maybe even complete my joe colection and be way more satisfied.

And it isn't just the variants but the 50/50 covers and 2nd, 3rd, 5th printings of a book. Like sheesh it just doesn't stop emptying my wallet and I am at a point where I can't even keep up. At least in 2006 and 2007 there was maybe a 1 variants and a couple other variants along the way but usually no higher then a 1 in 25 which wasn't that bad to keep up.

But look at Secret Avengers and every one that is listed as Deodato is a 1 in 75 and range from $20- $50 dollars each and they went nuts with it along with they had all the 1 in 10's and 1 in 20's as well with that series all the way up to like number 7.

On top of that the lcs people I talk to are sick of it in my city. Four comic book stores and only one will get variants and only based off their subscription list. The rest won't so means I have to go to ebay for these friggin books which adds even more costs and I would have to deal with ebay . I see boxes of 3 for $10 variants which include all the way up to the 1 in 25's and they happy if they can get rid of them. That is below cover cost. These variants for the most part don't hold any value and are based off what is hot this week. But this 300 copy of the votmk #1 has really pushed my buttons since that book may never come down in value and may never even be available to me so screw it. I have had enough.

Its out of hand and I will not support Marvel any longer. While I am only one person and probably doesn't mean to them I have to stand by this. I wil grab out of the $1 bins from now on, and sadly won't support my lcs on subscriptions of any Marvel content anymore. I was already at a point of being unhappy with what happened with secret avengers and was going to sit by patiently and grab them up in the future when cost had gone down which would have still cost me a bit probably and grab all other content from the $1 bins but this virgin copy has pushed my limits and I have had enough.

Screw you Marvel and your friggin greed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All pictures are taken down along with the two lists since I will not support Marvel in any way in getting people to waste their hard earned cash on a manipulated market.

Oh I would also like to add that marvel is moronic. Yeah lets give a comic book to digital subscribers. :screwy: Lets give the ultra rare variant of Moon Knight to people that are supporting digital books and probably don't even care about Moon Knight!

Well, it's sad to see you go, Whisp. MK needs all the fans he can get.

I wish I could say I disagree with you, but I don't. You're absolutely right. :(

I dont even attempt to bother with all the variants and . I find out what the rarest one is, and make that single copy my goal. :shrug:

Oh I would also like to add that marvel is moronic. Yeah lets give a comic book to digital subscribers. :screwy: Lets give the ultra rare variant of Moon Knight to people that are supporting digital books and probably don't even care about Moon Knight!

well, further investigation shows that it was an MRRC variant given to retailers for signing up. Basically "hey, here's a book you can sell for a bunch to recoup some of your costs for signing up to the Marvel Retailer Resource Center".

I agree, it's stupid for collectors, but it's smart business for Marvel/retailers. :(

Edited by sl4ppy

I am still a fan of Moon Knight and always will be. I just don't want to support Marvel until they get their head on straight. Only way I know of establishing that is to stop buying moderns alltogether. I will still grab the copper age back issues.

I need a break anyways. I think finishing my joe comic collection will be fun. Going to start looking into that after May 15th depending on how much joe and transformers stuff I sell at the show.