• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moon Knight Rules!!!!
1 1

599 posts in this topic

Latest news that I have come by is that Moon Knight will be revamped once again in 2011 and Brian Michael Bendis and Alex Maleev will be working on this project.

Bendis confirmed this in the Scarlet #3 letters page.

Sounds great to me! Their run on DD was terrific. I'd love to see them put a 4 or 5 year run together on MK.

being a big spidey fan, the comic that brought me to Moon Knight was that #57 stephen platt cover with the homage to mcfarlane. I was fortunate to buy it at book cover off the rack. Unfortunately, it was my introduction for platt, were I would eventually pay the most for a comic book that I have ever paid for a book. Paying $25 for a copy of number 55.

I have about 4 of those six covers that platt did for moon knight. Thinking I had discovered the next mcfarlane, i went on a frenzy buying everything platt. Supreme, Prophets, etc. I gobbled it up at a frenzied pace. Something I regret..lol.

Secret Avengers #7 - MK on cover only

Heroes for Hire #1 - MK on cover and throughout book

Shadowland: After the Fall #1 (one shot) - MK appears in one frame

The Hulk #13 and 14 Magazines - MK has own stories in them.

mkapperance17.jpg

Whisp, how do you find all those appearances, especially his very minor appearances (like the single frame in Shadowland)?? Do you actually scower every book every month, or do you have a crack team of folks who let you know where they spot him???

Inquiring minds want to know!

And fwiw, I REALLY appreciate your updates! They same me a ton of $ and work!!! Kudos and Thanks!

Edited by sl4ppy

Whisp, how do you find all those appearances, especially his very minor appearances (like the single frame in Shadowland)?? Do you actually scower every book every month, or do you have a crack team of folks who let you know where they spot him???

Inquiring minds want to know!

And fwiw, I REALLY appreciate your updates! They same me a ton of $ and work!!! Kudos and Thanks!

1. I check the Marvel site for news every once in awhile.

2. I check the Marvel site comic releases that show most books a few months in advance that are coming out and check the covers.

3. Check the Marvel preview every time it comes out

4. Do a double check of comics being released that week when the email comes

5. When I go in to pick up the ones I know about at my LCS I skim through possible ones that are on the shelves based off the storylines he is currently in.

When it comes to latest news, this guy who is a huge fan also is really on top of his news and probably has an inside person and such since I have seen him have news before anyone else sometimes. No idea why it is harder to find this site now but link is below.

http://members3.boardhost.com/ArchieComics/

If I miss any where he does appear in if I check out comicvine.com every once in awhile it will show me also what comics he has recently been in in the recent section found on right side near bottom. Usually I just add these to my list and if they on shelf at LCS I grab them but if not I just wait to I find them in a $1 bin. Also when I see missed ones I need to check to see if they had any variants. Comicvine also shows all books that they know of that he is in. Sometimes there is a mistake but rarely.

http://www.comicvine.com/moon-knight/29-1493/

There is still some books not on my list from even copper age where when I go through long boxes when they come into two of my friends stores I sometimes can recognize what books he might be in based on timeline as well.

As for these moderns my list is a bit off since so many second and third printings and variants that are listed but not released while other variants are released that it has been a hectic process to stay on top. List is close but not perfect but for example I missed the What if? books that just had come out and such. I don't note those here and they usually just get added to my lists which are linked in my signature. The books I do list in this thread are the ones I have bought thus far. Why I mentioned before to just combine my have list with my want list and you have a full list of known books to me.

:)

You probably already have them, but there's a few of the Hulk! magazine issues with the MK stories in the back for sale in this thread....

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4521514&nt=3&fpart=1

I am down to just needing #18 now since just picked up a couple weeks ago for cheap. I didn't see #18 anyways in that thread.

Thanks though.

Note: Latest Deadpool books have MK in it and I will have pics up once I get a few more books to put in the pic. I thought it was a good read thus far which is #27, 28, and 29. It is a Secret Avengers mission. Note though that #27 is a clone of Moon Knight and the real Moon Knight doesn't appear to near the end of #28.

Great Thread!

I love Moon Knight and went on a buying kick when the Huston run had just begun. I lost interest during his third arc on the book, however. It felt like he lost whatever momentum he had.

I'm glad to hear the Vengeance is good, though and will read those.

I got a bunch of signed Bill S stuff from Joey Post on this board last year. I have some duplicates of the Moon Knight stuff. If you want me to dig it out and see what I will part with, I'd be happy to. Joey gave me a helluva deal, so I won't rake anyone over the coals. PM if interested.

Thanks for the great thread!

Hey Whisp,

What's the comic (or is that a sketch etc) of the first moon knight picture in you sig line? It looks cool :)

-Pete

Took it from this cover. Deodato Jr. was the artist.

mk20s.jpg

Deadpool 27, 28, 29 (note 27 and part of 28 are a clone of Moon Knight)

Taskmaster 4

What If? Wolverine Father (note that it is mummy Moon Knight)

What If? #200

Sneak Peeks (threw this in because I like the cover and he is on it)

mkappearances18.jpg

Good information Whisp. We appreciate all the information you tirelessly give us month after month. (thumbs u

(Well at least I do)

No problem. Wish I had more money so that I could stay more on top of it. I will get them eventually though :)