• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What trade are you reading right now

1,271 posts in this topic

Not sure if this counts...

But I just finished a few Marvel Masterworks...

AVENGERS 1-10

FANTASTIC FOUR 1-10

I'm halfway through the Dr. Strange (STRANGE TALES 110-11, 114-141 shared the title with Torch, so I got more stories...)

I really, really need to get around to reading Watchmen. It's kind of like the day in one of my grad classes when I let it out (accidentally) that I'd never read Moby (I have a MA in English). I seriously felt like a dumbazz.

It's okay to admit it. I've never read The Dark Knight Returns myself ...

Not sure if this counts...

But I just finished a few Marvel Masterworks...

AVENGERS 1-10

FANTASTIC FOUR 1-10

I'm halfway through the Dr. Strange (STRANGE TALES 110-11, 114-141 shared the title with Torch, so I got more stories...)

trades are trades so they all count

I really, really need to get around to reading Watchmen. It's kind of like the day in one of my grad classes when I let it out (accidentally) that I'd never read Moby (I have a MA in English). I seriously felt like a dumbazz.

It's okay to admit it. I've never read The Dark Knight Returns myself ...

I remember reading DKR not long after it first came out and I totally didn't get it--story or art. I was able to pick up a nice reader set about a year ago and found it was something that definitely improved with my age. :)

Soon though! Soon!

OK so it's not a TPB, but I'm reading my old CLASSIC X-MEN comics.

These comics are great. They reprint old X-Men comics but some of them have a few extra pages, while all of them have an additional backup story at the end. Two of them had cool Magneto Origin stories. The first one shows how he escaped from the Nazi's and eventually was forced to watch his daughter burn to death.

The ones I'm reading reprint from GS X-Men #1 through X-Men #138.

These comics are great. They reprint old X-Men comics but some of them have a few extra pages, while all of them have an additional backup story at the end. Two of them had cool Magneto Origin stories. The first one shows how he escaped from the Nazi's and eventually was forced to watch his daughter burn to death.

They are really fantastic! Lots of nice cover art on there too! I always find some in the quarter bin, and they're great.

Just finished the "Fallen Son" HC and am now into "The Death of Captain America" HC (issues 31-36 (?)). Bring back Steve Rogers!

:banana: Chris

While I would love to see Rogers back, I sure am enjoying where Brubaker has been taking the title so far. Good stuff (thumbs u

Just finished the "Fallen Son" HC and am now into "The Death of Captain America" HC (issues 31-36 (?)). Bring back Steve Rogers!

:banana: Chris

While I would love to see Rogers back, I sure am enjoying where Brubaker has been taking the title so far. Good stuff (thumbs u

Very true Dave. (thumbs u I will be pulling Cap again after finishing these collections. If Steve comes back, I want it mean something and not become some clone/skrull/infinite Jean Grey resurrection type thing. :wishluck:

ca.gif Chris

Holy cow, Steve makes an appearance! I'll have to check that omnibus out...

I used to have a subscription to this book... saved me a lot of money in trying to track down the originals when I was younger (and often penniless.)

I finally got around to reading the Astro City: Confessions trade that I've had lying around for two years. Kicking myself for waiting this long - it was actually a good insight in the life of a budding superhero. I'll have to track down the other trades.