• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What trade are you reading right now

1,271 posts in this topic

just started reading Brian K. Vaughan's Pride of Baghdad, it's a strange book. I had no clue what it was about when i bought it off of ebay, but it was BKV so how bad could it be. The book is about a pack of lions that were kept in a zoo until they were freed do to what i think is a war going on. So far it's not to bad.

just finished V1 of Ex Machina. Pretty darn good.

Liked the way they jumped around different times in his life to setup the story.

Great artwork. Really lent itself well to the story.

Definitely be continuing buy the rest of the trades.

Is it still ongoing or will i be catching up?

not comic but related, started reading the first dresden files novel as I loved the short tv series. Pretty good so far. Don't know the last time i read something without pictures.

Do you know if the TV series was based on the books, or vice versa? That was a good show....typical SciFi channel that they cancel it and go with the same old krap that they choose to put on the air.

so far the characters are the same, his house is a little different. They have Murphy pegged pretty good. I would say the TV show is pretty much on, but i'm only 100 pages into it.

just started reading Brian K. Vaughan's Pride of Baghdad, it's a strange book. I had no clue what it was about when i bought it off of ebay, but it was BKV so how bad could it be. The book is about a pack of lions that were kept in a zoo until they were freed do to what i think is a war going on. So far it's not to bad.

It's actually based around true events in Iraq. It's a surprisingly good read.

just finished V1 of Ex Machina. Pretty darn good.

Liked the way they jumped around different times in his life to setup the story.

Great artwork. Really lent itself well to the story.

Definitely be continuing buy the rest of the trades.

Is it still ongoing or will i be catching up?

Awesome. This series kicks so much arse. It's still going but has a end in the semi-near future.

Just started "Fight for Tomorrow" by Brian Wood. I love his work. So far, the story and art are pretty solid. But I have a lot to finish. I have to admit, I passed on it before because I HATED the manga-esque cover. But that cover is completely mis-leading.

Pat

Started on the American Flagg HC ($24.99 at dcbs:)). Had no idea what it was about as didn't read many indies in the day. Pleasantly surprised so far. Paper isn't glossy, more like the paper of the day which gives the book a good look/feel to it.

I haven't read Spidey consistantly since Clone Saga and before that Ron Frenz era. But I've been keeping my ear to the grapevine and have a general idea whats been going on. I read One More Day. I wasn't in such an uproar like most Spidey fans, but I can totally understand why...

Just finished up the Brand New Day HC...I gotta admit its pretty good!

Next up...

Kraven's Last Hunt HC

Finished Dark Knight Strikes Again. Honestly I don't get where all the hate comes from on this book. I this it was pretty fantastic. The beat down of Superman, the New Supergirl, Atom actually utilised well...Sure the art was rushed sometimes and Janson was sorely missed, and I saw the Robin bit coming a mile away....But I thought it was a really good read. The end of Book 2 where the heroes return...very nicely done.

Next up: All 10 trades of Y:The Last Man.