• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What trade are you reading right now

1,271 posts in this topic

WWHulk is greatly enhanced by Planet Hulk

Planet Hulk is pretty good in itself as well

i would have to concur. Planet Hulk is a must read for WWH. It would be like Sonny without Cher.

Planet Hulk is Cher. She's good and can stand on her own.

WWHulk is greatly enhanced by Planet Hulk

Planet Hulk is pretty good in itself as well

i would have to concur. Planet Hulk is a must read for WWH. It would be like Sonny without Cher.

Planet Hulk is Cher. She's good and can stand on her own.

Read Planet Hulk.

Skip World War Trash. Sorry, WW Hulk.

Pat

Just finished 'Messiah Complex' and found myself somewhat unwhelmed. It wasn't bad, per se, but if this was an 'event', times are/were fairly mundane at Marvel. meh

Prior to this, I'd blasted through Brubaker's first arc on DD, 'Devil, Inside and Out' and this was an excellent read. I was slightly concerned after the quality of the Bendis run, but the book's in excellent hands. (thumbs u

Next up...the Cap Omnibus, #1 through #25. Based on word of mouth, this should be superb. :wishluck:

Just finished reading the last Y The Last Man tpb. Man, what a cool ending to a great series. Sure, the whole story got a little bogged down in the middle, but the last trade really brings everything back on track. Some surprise moments too.

I can't believe it is all over with now.

Just finished 'Messiah Complex' and found myself somewhat unwhelmed. It wasn't bad, per se, but if this was an 'event', times are/were fairly mundane at Marvel. meh

Prior to this, I'd blasted through Brubaker's first arc on DD, 'Devil, Inside and Out' and this was an excellent read. I was slightly concerned after the quality of the Bendis run, but the book's in excellent hands. (thumbs u

Next up...the Cap Omnibus, #1 through #25. Based on word of mouth, this should be superb. :wishluck:

Ditto on the Messiah Complex. I didn't buy the trade I read the issues as they came out. Maybe its more for the hardcore X-Fan...not sure. It was just meh to me.

Cap Omnibus? :luhv:

I usually avoid indy tables at cons due to the constant badgering to read their stuff. However a gentleman in the Kitson line told me about a good trade he read called the Damned. I was like hmm but when he said the artist Brian Hurtt drew some Queen and Country, I decided to try it out.

Brian asked me to honestly come back Sat and tell him if I liked it or not. Well it was pretty damn good and I highly recommend it. It's set in prohibition time with a lot of the gangsters being demons. Much better than it sounds lol

Ditto on the Messiah Complex. I didn't buy the trade I read the issues as they came out. Maybe its more for the hardcore X-Fan...not sure. It was just meh to me.

The Messiah Complex was good for what it was. It tied up some long standing loose ends and resolved quite a few story points. More than anything, I think it served as a slate cleaner and provided a new jumping on point.

Okay, someone help me on Ronin. I enjoyed the twists and turns of the books. Then I get to the last page and I'm thinking: What the hell?

Did I miss something? Did Billy survive? Did the Ronin actually get released in the future? Is it up to interpretation? Cyclic?

Pat

In late May, I bought a complete run of Sandman Mystery Theatre and this morning I finished with issues 69 and 70 my reading of issues 1 through 70 and I now consider the complete run as spectacular. Matt Wagner and Steve Seagle have done a magnificent job of interweaving dramatic story arcs with very personal character arcs. The relationship, and its evolution, between Wesley Dodds and Dian Belmont is simply the most believable I have seen in mainstream comics. I think the title was stronger under the helm of Wagner than it was toward the end when Seagle was solely responsible for the series. Seagle lost touch with the period details Wagner peppered through the -script. Those ties to the period enhanced the reading experience. Not only was I drawn to the series by its main actors but the series also featured, some times prominently, other characters such as Lieutenant Burke, Dodds' butler, Dian's father as well as some classic DC characters. Vertigo has been reprinting the entire run in trade and I would encourage folks to give them a try (thumbs u