• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quality Comix vs. Greg Jortner - Important Information For The Community

324 posts in this topic

Furthermore, as I have been told by numerous individuals in the community that Mr. Jortner has access to “[Gus Poulakis; i.e. silver-age-comics on eBay]” e-mail account and may seek to intercept any communications I send you, I cannot trust such a simple message such as this which cannot be verified. If you wish to confirm to me that you are the owner of Silver Age Comics and do not want advance notice of any action taken against Mr. Jortner, please send me a formal letter either via mail, fax or e-mail with your signature so that I may confirm its authenticity with other comic dealers and collectors.

Anyone who deals with silver-age-comics after reading this thread is knowingly ignoring caveat emptor and should get zero sympathy from the community if something were to go wrong.

Hilarious.

I just read through this entire thread.

Holy .

There's always a few out there in every crowd.

Anyway, to get a bit off-topic, I sold a pile of high grade B.A. BATMAN books to Brent about a year ago.

He felt they were slightly over-graded and he even went so far as to explain in detail why he gave each book a specific grade along with its defect(s), no matter how slight.

I agreed to refund him in full for all the books once they wre returned to me.

When I got them back, I looked for each of his specific defects and there they were!

I did issue the full refund back to him.

I guess what I'm getting at is this was the single biggest transaction I ever had and during the entire process, Brent was very cordial and professional.

I would deal with Brent any time again, especially after seeing how tough he grades.

I would definitely take his word for grading and I would trust him woleheartedly.

Just my two cents..

Great news for Brent and kudos to Mark Z for all he did.

I concure.

But please keep up the pressure and/or help for his other victims because your getting your money back is probably due to him realizing it was in his best interests to grease the sqeakiest wheel, or in this case grease the tank treads that were rolling over him and as someone else said he may be screwing others to pay you hoping you will go away.

Mark Zaids job is not done yet and he may become a world renowned comic fraud lawyer much sought after in the future as a result. :applause:

I usually just ignore this thread thinking there won't be anything new of any real substance & then WHAM!! I check in all casual & everything & see: PAID!!! Great outcome guys!! I really didn't expect it!!

:bump:

There is a reason some of us go out of our way to post information concerning sellers/buyers people should avoid. When such detailed information is provided by multiple persons one would think the message would be heard. Sadly, that continues not to be the case with Jortner.

Let me be perfectly clear to EVERYONE who ever reads this thread. :gossip:

Greg Jortner should not be trusted. Anyone who decides to do business with Mr. Jortner after reading this thread or hearing information on his MANY past transgressions is either (1) an insufficiently_thoughtful_person;

(2) overwhelmed by pure greed; or (3) a combination of both.

I strongly recommend you AVOID Mr. Jortner. Continuing to do business with him merely enables him to cause harm and grief to others. In essence, you will be facilitating further fraudulent and destructive behavior within our community.

Don't. :makepoint:(tsk)

There is a reason some of us go out of our way to post information concerning sellers/buyers people should avoid. When such detailed information is provided by multiple persons one would think the message would be heard. Sadly, that continues not to be the case with Jortner.

Greg Jortner should not be trusted. Anyone who decides to do business with Mr. Jortner after reading this thread or hearing information on his MANY past transgressions is either (1) an insufficiently_thoughtful_person;

I strongly recommend you AVOID Mr. Jortner. Continuing to do business with him merely enables him to cause harm and grief to others. In essence, you will be facilitating further fraudulent and destructive behavior within our community.

I'm assuming that one of our number has gone and made a deal with the devil, Mark? (shrug)

I'm assuming that one of our number has gone and made a deal with the devil, Mark? (shrug)

That would be a fair interpretation of my rantrantdoh!:cry:

Well, I'm truly hoping that they get royally shafted...really.

It's stuff like this that keep the crooks in business. So long as people are prepared to deal with them because 'it was too sweet to turn down' (oh, and it very rarely pans out that way), they'll just keep rolling along.

Pathetic. Really. :censored:

who? :o

who? :o

George! :hi:

How the hell are you, mate? (shrug)

It's stuff like this that keep the crooks in business. So long as people are prepared to deal with them because 'it was too sweet to turn down' (oh, and it very rarely pans out that way), they'll just keep rolling along.

To be fair, you're operating under the assumption the person in question was aware of this thread prior to engaging Jortner in a deal

To be fair, you're operating under the assumption the person in question was aware of this thread prior to engaging Jortner in a deal

And to be fair, this isn't the first time his name's cropped up in despatches. (shrug)

In fact, because of Mr. Zaid's interactions and dealings with Mr. Jortner, I feel that Mr. Zaid should be avoided as well. Who knows what Mr. Zaid has been infected with? As far as I am concerned, Mr. Zaid has been tainted. Mr. Zaid may be a very nice guy, but he is far too risky to be around.

S

And to be fair, this isn't the first time his name's cropped up in despatches. (shrug)

And to be further fair, not everyone reads every thread in General. Some users in point of fact stay out of General as much as possible, but are active in other areas

I'm all for a good witch hunt and everything, but come on folks. It wasn't me nor do I know who it was but I agree with Sal here. The person may not have been aware of Jortner's history. I see no reason to "out" them and stir the :censored: pot.