• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

March (May) Madness Grading Contest

251 posts in this topic

One note: Tell Photobucket to NOT RESIZE your scans to 1024 x whatever...

The width of 6XX+ is a little too small to note the errors. Thanks!

And here are the results:

Silvers 55 :banana:

Trmoore 45 :pullhair:

Blowupthemoon 50 :banana:

Abracadabra 45 :pullhair:

Turokhunter 45 :banana:

Marvelcollector 35 :pullhair:

Silvers, Blowupthemoon, and Turokhunter advance to the round of 32. I'll update the bracket and start a new thread for the next round. In the mean time, any of the 6 players can PM me if I have made a scoring error.

Thanks everyone for your participation, this wouldn't work without you. :applause:

WOW...I nailed 2 grades spot-on...was .2 off on the DD and blew the XM 114...I'm effed and I'm outa here... :frustrated:

Oh maybe I'll hang around to heckle the other ultimate 31 LOSERS! :insane:

Waitaminute...I've just double-checked and determined I had 55 points...2 spot-on = 40 points plus one within .2 = 15 points = 55 points...DOTHEMATH! I suppose I'll be told I lose out on farthest away on the fourth pick, which I must say was not stated as tiebreaker...holding on to the end... :o

Here's my submitted grades...

Here's my Play-In picks...in order of book appearance...

9.2 XM 126 bullseye 20 points

9.2 XM 114 bomb

9.0 MTU - Spidey vs Thing bullseye 20 points

9.2 DD 181 off by .2 15 points

(shrug)

WOW...I nailed 2 grades spot-on...was .2 off on the DD and blew the XM 114...I'm effed and I'm outa here... :frustrated:

Waitaminute...I've just double-checked and determined I had 55 points...2 spot-on = 40 points plus one within .2 = 15 points = 55 points...DOTHEMATH! I suppose I'll be told I lose out on farthest away on the fourth pick, which I must say was not stated as tiebreaker...holding on to the end... :o

9.2 XM 114 bomb

(shrug)

Heckler... :baiting:

9.2 XM 114 bomb

(shrug)

I'm going to work this out via PM with Tom and Silvers. Technically, Tom is correct and scored 60. Due to the fact I posted the books in a different order than I wrote them, it caused this screw up. :tonofbricks:

9.2 XM 114 bomb

(shrug)

I'm going to work this out via PM with Tom and Silvers. Technically, Tom is correct and scored 60. Due to the fact I posted the books in a different order that I wrote them, it caused this screw up. :tonofbricks:

^^ ^^ ^^

Forgot about the 5 point bonus... :banana:

Anyone who is currently not involved in the tournament and who wants to assist in keeping score can PM me. You can have a prize pick at the end for your efforts, along with my neverending gratitude. :acclaim:
I will help as soon as I'm out of the tournament.

Anyone who is currently not involved in the tournament and who wants to assist in keeping score can PM me. You can have a prize pick at the end for your efforts, along with my neverending gratitude. :acclaim:

Why not ask Trmoore 45(Tom) seems like he's pretty good as keeping score..

:cloud9: First place but for just a second. :insane:

Way to Man-up and not complain about the screwup in the scoring (and an excellent score, BTW)........... (thumbs u

Aside from the mistake, this perfectly demonstrates the Beauty/Capriciousness of this type of contest. You would have kicked butt in both of the other games but were unfortunate to run into a buzzsaw in your matchup. (just like real college B-Ball......... :grin:)