• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

March (May) Madness Grading Contest

251 posts in this topic

Ok, below are the pairings. I have a new appreciation for the guys that put this together for reals. :insane:

My quick color commentating: The clear favorite is Oakman with a strong 13-3 record, all his grades where close and he hit 3 spot on- very solid.

The highest probability for a cinderella story, I would have to say is Marvelcollector. This tournament rewards the spot on grades and he was one of only 3 teams to hit four. Unfortunately, he has to play through a playin game in the Southeast because when he wasn't on, he was way off.

Other players to watch: skao and Comicdonna, who were 11-5 and the only ones to hit 5 spot on. Capfreek and Solitaireone at 12-5 and three spot on grades are also strong.

Who knows, maybe a few players out there were playing it safe and will come up big in the tourney. Good Luck to All. (thumbs u

Bracket.jpg

SolitaireOne's reward for finishing #1 in the NW....

Pirate! :tonofbricks:

Wow - the NW and NE are LOADED with guys who finished in the top 30 in the big (145 boardees started) grading contest from earlier this year. SW and SE - not so much...... :devil:

Wow - the NW and NE are LOADED with guys who finished in the top 30 in the big (145 boardees started) grading contest from earlier this year. SW and SE - not so much...... :devil:

lol I wonder if that has to do with the longer winters. We're all pasty and mole-like, from keeping indoors and staring at scans all winter . . .

And the tournament begins with the Playin games. Six teams, trmoore54, Silvers, Marvelcollector, turokhunter, Blowupthemoon, and Abracadabra will PM me grades for the following 4 books. Once the winners of those games are determined, we will start the round of 32.

X-Men 126 Cr-OW

MTU 6 White

Daredevil 181 OW-W

X-Men 114 OW-W

XM126fnl.jpg

XM126b.jpg

XM114fnl.jpg

XM114b.jpg

MTU006fnl.jpg

MTU006b.jpg

DD181fnl.jpg

DD181b.jpg

Banana walkie talkies

:luhv:

NE is gonna rule byatches!!

^^

See you in the sweet 16! :makepoint:

Ok, below are the pairings. I have a new appreciation for the guys that put this together for reals. :insane:

My quick color commentating: The clear favorite is Oakman with a strong 13-3 record, all his grades where close and he hit 3 spot on- very solid.

The highest probability for a cinderella story, I would have to say is Marvelcollector. This tournament rewards the spot on grades and he was one of only 3 teams to hit four. Unfortunately, he has to play through a playin game in the Southeast because when he wasn't on, he was way off.

Other players to watch: skao and Comicdonna, who were 11-5 and the only ones to hit 5 spot on. Capfreek and Solitaireone at 12-5 and three spot on grades are also strong.

Who knows, maybe a few players out there were playing it safe and will come up big in the tourney. Good Luck to All. (thumbs u

SolitaireOne's reward for finishing #1 in the NW....

Pirate! :tonofbricks:

All right, my bribe money didn't go to waste. I'm a big fish in the little SW pond! :headbang:

Now watch Canickus take me out in the first round! lol:roflmao:

WHEW! Thanx guys what should we call ourselves? :headbang:

How about The "West Coast Comic Syndicate" ?

WCCS for short. It sounds a little silly, but it's the best I could come up with.

Can you belive I wasted my 1,000th post on this? lol

:roflmao: :news:"West coast comic syndicate" sounds good I guess we could put it to a vote ALL IN FAVOR! :headbang:

Nah. That sounds like WDCS i.e. Walt Disney's Comics & Stories.

On another topic:

Woot! 3rd (2nd :gossip: ) Place! West Coast Representin!!!

WHEW! Thanx guys what should we call ourselves? :headbang:

How about The "West Coast Comic Syndicate" ?

WCCS for short. It sounds a little silly, but it's the best I could come up with.

Can you belive I wasted my 1,000th post on this? lol

:roflmao: :news:"West coast comic syndicate" sounds good I guess we could put it to a vote ALL IN FAVOR! :headbang:

Nah. That sounds like WDCS i.e. Walt Disney's Comics & Stories.

On another topic:

Woot! 3rd (2nd :gossip: ) Place! West Coast Representin!!!

Nice job Cap, now can you make it out of your region? I,m in the NW, and it's going to be tough.

Also, throughout the tournament, any questions about the books you are grading, ie: in reference scanning anomalies or clarifications, should be posted in this thread and I will respond so everyone has the same information. (thumbs u

I have grades from Trmoore, Turokhunter and Abracadabra. I'm waiting for each of their competitors, Butters, Marvelcollector and Blowupthemoon. (shrug)

They've had plenty of time...I rule forfeit (no show)...just like in my son's Little League games... :baiting: