• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

I passed on a set of Weekly 1-10 from a dollar bin 2 months ago.

I think this is total shill bidding, but the book is definitely approaching $50 realistically.

What's high for a WD #1 9.6? I thought I put a high price tag on my blue label 9.6 @ $950, but it didn't even last a day. :lol:

I know I was watching your listing. :lol:

I am thinking $1299 BIN on mine since it is signed by Tony Moore. Would love to get $1000 + and turn it into a 9.8 Universal.

Thanks to the Groupon $15 eBay Gift Cards for $7 each (plus MrRebate cashback and CC 2% cashback) I ended up getting over 100 of these gift cards last year at around $6.40 each or something crazy. This is when I started to buy and piece together my run of WD books including the 9.6 #1 I got at the time for an eBay low for the 3 months I had been watching them of roughly $300ish. I ended up getting my #2 for around $90 as a 9.4. These were paid with stacking the GCs so you can see how little I have in them plus getting them signed and reslabbed they kept their grades.

:o I bought one for my brother and told him not to read it cause it might be worth something later on. He didn't listen doh!

On the bright side, he is a huge Walking Dead fan like his big bro.

lol and WTF? I passed on a copy of the #1 Weekly and got the Arizona Comic Con Variant instead. Other than that one and a copy of #19 Weekly I don't own any others nor do I care to.

With what WD books have been going off at lately on eBay I think I am going to list my #1 9.6 SS signed by Moore, #2 9.4 signed by Moore and #3 9.6 signed by Moore and Kirkman at somewhat high BIN prices to see what sort of offers I get in hopes of upgrading to better Universal copies and just getting those resigned and reslabbed Sig Series later this comic con season. Now seems to be the time to sell, maybe during the downtime between seasons we will see a little bit of a dip in prices.

Let's hope so... I'm hoping to swap out my paltry 8.5 #1 for a 9.6 or 9.8 this summer.

I passed on a set of Weekly 1-10 from a dollar bin 2 months ago.

I think this is total shill bidding, but the book is definitely approaching $50 realistically.

What's high for a WD #1 9.6? I thought I put a high price tag on my blue label 9.6 @ $950, but it didn't even last a day. :lol:

I just sold a #3 Weekly universal 9.8 for $46 lol I wouldn't be surprised to see a true auction format on the Weekly #1 9.8 hit $100 range, maybe more for a SS with Kirkman and Moore. There's alot of buyers out there who have been bitten by the bug. Most just associate the fact that an issue is #1, and then proceed to bid the item up to acquire it.

Certainly a good time to sell ;)

Anyone have a #27 CGC 9.8 for sale, PM me with asking price. :)

I did something bad to my only raw copy today that had a shot at a 9.8. Damnit I was looking it over and managed to spit a drink onto it because I started choking. F me.

I am guessing that a spray of cherry koolaid will probably hurt the grade just a bit.

I did something bad to my only raw copy today that had a shot at a 9.8. Damnit I was looking it over and managed to spit a drink onto it because I started choking. F me.

I am guessing that a spray of cherry koolaid will probably hurt the grade just a bit.

Walking Dead 27 has helped my roofing project this year. I want to thank the Governor and Michonne for all their hard work...

Jeff also wants to thank them for putting more baby food on the table (dude has a stable of youngins')

I didn't realize they were selling for much? hm

I'm glad to have my 9.6, I love the Governor sketch I have on it, it makes up for it not being a 9.8 in my eyes :cloud9:

Walking Dead 27 has helped my roofing project this year. I want to thank the Governor and Michonne for all their hard work...

Jeff also wants to thank them for putting more baby food on the table (dude has a stable of youngins')

I'd like to be a fly on the wall when final bidder gets this in the mail assuming he even pays.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Walking-Dead-Run-Lot-Set-1-93-NM-M-Kirkman-Michonne-AMC-36-issues-19-/200721770849?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2ebbf32961

lol. Such a misleading title but the auction itself clearly shows in pictures what is there and lists the exact issues that are there. Which happens to be zero keys or early 1st printings. Maybe $150 worth of books total.

I'd like to be a fly on the wall when final bidder gets this in the mail assuming he even pays.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Walking-Dead-Run-Lot-Set-1-93-NM-M-Kirkman-Michonne-AMC-36-issues-19-/200721770849?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2ebbf32961

lol. Such a misleading title but the auction itself clearly shows in pictures what is there and lists the exact issues that are there. Which happens to be zero keys or early 1st printings. Maybe $150 worth of books total.

Misleading, but not necessarily inaccurate.

Whoever wins that deserves what they get for not reading the description. The description/picture are pretty damn straight forward and accurate.

I would also like to be a fly, though.

I still can't wrap my head around what raw copies of #19 are now going for.

I practically gave away one that I got myself for free last summer that was the complete issue, but was damaged pretty badly including water damage across 2/3s of the cover.

I could only imagine getting like $50 for that bad boy now if I had it to throw up on eBay. :insane:

I still can't wrap my head around what raw copies of #19 are now going for.

I practically gave away one that I got myself for free last summer that was the complete issue, but was damaged pretty badly including water damage across 2/3s of the cover.

I could only imagine getting like $50 for that bad boy now if I had it to throw up on eBay. :insane:

man, i've got a bunch of copies, but it's my favorite modern cover/character, so i'm watching prices sky rocket, but just can't sell

So I was at Toys R Us today...plenty of comic version action figures including bw Rick variant, but sold out of the TV version figs, considering same price point and same shelf, is it safe to assume that TV fans are drawing a line?
It figures. meh

doh!