• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

IMO, with the deaths of Lori, Hershel, the Governor (and Patricia!), issue 48 is much more significant. Cooler cover, too. ;-)

and Judith!!!! :cry:

No comments...

Just wanted to post on the 1000th page of this Walking Dead Thread!!!!

Page 334 for me here. You are not a noob by any stretch sir, time to change those default settings. :baiting:

lol

Page 1000 for me as well :sorry:

Jim

lol - Glad I'm not alone!!! (didn't even know you could change screen settings in such a way!!)

If you have any 19's or 27's I would be falling over myself to move these as if they were tainted with the real honest-to-goodness zombie plague.

That said, I'm still a sucker for some of the variants and love the show. :insane:

July is going to be an expensive month.

“When Image Comics publish The Walking Dead #100 in July, they’ll be doing so with a bang. As well as Charlie Adlard doing a cover, a wraparound cover and seeing his work transformed into a Chromium cover, there will also be covers by fellow Image stable mates Frank Quitely, Todd McFarlane, Marc Silvestri, Bryan Hitch, Sean Phillips and Ryan Ottley.

The comic is the fifth Image title to reach such lofty heights, after Spawn, Savage Dragon, Witchblade and The Darkness, and the only title not created by one of the original founders.”

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/04/13/quitely-mcfarlane-silvestri-hitch-phillips-ottley-draw-covers-for-walking-dead/

If each one of them do a cover we're looking at at least 8 (if Adlard's first STF promo is only in Chromium) Let's hope some of those are relegated to SDCC and not 1:250 variants.

“When Image Comics publish The Walking Dead #100 in July, they’ll be doing so with a bang. As well as Charlie Adlard doing a cover, a wraparound cover and seeing his work transformed into a Chromium cover, there will also be covers by fellow Image stable mates Frank Quitely, Todd McFarlane, Marc Silvestri, Bryan Hitch, Sean Phillips and Ryan Ottley.

The comic is the fifth Image title to reach such lofty heights, after Spawn, Savage Dragon, Witchblade and The Darkness, and the only title not created by one of the original founders.”

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/04/13/quitely-mcfarlane-silvestri-hitch-phillips-ottley-draw-covers-for-walking-dead/

If each one of them do a cover we're looking at at least 8 (if Adlard's first STF promo is only in Chromium) Let's hope some of those are relegated to SDCC and not 1:250 variants.

first walking dead starts selling like valiant did in the 90's, now they're coming out with crappy chromium covers too? ugh.

Edited by Hawkman

Guest Grails

While I don't read the series, I am really looking forward to seeing a Sean Phillips painted zombie cover. Hope its a wraparound like his 28 Days Later work.

28dayslater_001_cvr.jpg

http://events.latimes.com/festivalofbooks/general-information/ticket-info/

Here's more on Kirkman and on lots of other stuff that would be of interest to forumites:

Quote:

Fans hungry for talk of zombies and mutants can get their fill at the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books at USC, where writer Robert Kirkman will talk about his work for “The Walking Dead,” “Invincible,” “Ultimate X-Men” and his new project, “Super Dinosaur,” which he has described as “a Pixar movie on paper.”

The question-and-answer session with Kirkman, hosted by Hero Complex writer Geoff Boucher, will be held in the Ronald Tutor Campus Center at 10:30 a.m. on April 21.

Here are a few other events Hero Complex readers may want to check out at the festival, which runs April 21-22:

• “With Great Power: The Stan Lee Story”: The documentary will screen at 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. April 22 in the School for Cinematic Arts’ Ray Stark Theater.

• “Graphic Novel: Drawing Outside the Lines”: Times staff writer Deborah Vankin will moderate a Q&A with Joseph Lambert, Carla Speed McNeil and Jim Woodring. All three are finalists in the graphic novel category of the festival’s book prizes. 1:30 p.m. April 21, Taper Hall.

• “The Nerds Shall Inherit the Earth”: This panel will feature “The Nerdist” host Chris Hardwick and John Scalzi, president of the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America. 3 p.m. April 22, Bovard Auditorium.

• “Graphic Novel: Mythic Stories”: Leslie S. Klinger, who recently published “The Annotated Sandman,” will moderate a panel with Ed Brubaker, Adam Mansbach and Douglas McGowan. 3:30 p.m. April 21, Salvatori Computer Science Center.

• “Fiction: World Building”: Moderated by writer Charles Yu, this panel features Frank Beddor (“The Looking Glass Wars”), Lev Grossman (“Codex,” “Warp”) and Scalzi. 10 a.m. April 22, Davidson Continuing Education Center.

The full schedule for the Festival of Books – which also features writers such as Cornelia Funke, Anne Rice and “Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter” author Seth Grahame-Smith – is online here. Tickets for indoor panels cost $1, and complete ticketing information is available on the festival’s official website.

...and with this news I bid collecting The Walking Dead adieu.

I thought I would last to #100, but I won't be chasing those variants just so I can have them all.

...and with this news I bid collecting The Walking Dead adieu.

I thought I would last to #100, but I won't be chasing those variants just so I can have them all.

I had the same thought.

I haven't been impressed with Walking Dead for a few years now. The sher amount of con variants to come out didn't make me happy, either. This is the final nail in the coffin.

I realize I don't have to buy the variants, and can just enjoy the story.

However, the lack of quality I've been seeing in the book, coupled with this, makes me believe the quality is gone, and that the book has moved into making as much cash as possible.