• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
12 12

40,446 posts in this topic

You definitely know something is hot when each and every cover is being gobbled up, regardless of quality. There are (were) a number of covers sitting unsold for months on end...now anything/everything is selling...and at a noticeable premium.

When things get hot like this, most consumers seem to lose the ability to discern between great, good, and mediocre...and they lose sight of the most important factor...QUALITY.

All the ones at Maghen except for this one are gone as well, and it's not a bad cover at all, especially for the price:

http://www.danielmaghen.com/fr/charlie-adlard-walking-dead-cover-issue-89_p41176.htm

I think a lot of the driving force behind the covers selling is a tipping point aspect - people have their eyes on one, it sells, leading them to move. Some of Adlard's covers wax and wane, but I wouldn't say the ones selling are bad ones by any means.

It will be interesting to see how the cover to 93 does. It has a small art space, has partially printed bluelines, and minimal character placement, but it already has 4 bids on it at the 800 mark (300 above the price on splash page from what I remember).

All the ones at Maghen except for this one are gone as well, and it's not a bad cover at all, especially for the price:

http://www.danielmaghen.com/fr/charlie-adlard-walking-dead-cover-issue-89_p41176.htm

I think a lot of the driving force behind the covers selling is a tipping point aspect - people have their eyes on one, it sells, leading them to move. Some of Adlard's covers wax and wane, but I wouldn't say the ones selling are bad ones by any means.

It will be interesting to see how the cover to 93 does. It has a small art space, has partially printed bluelines, and minimal character placement, but it already has 4 bids on it at the 800 mark (300 above the price on splash page from what I remember).

The 89 is nice. I'm considering picking this one up.

That was quick.

So true. I remember it on Splash page about 3-4 months ago. I wish Adlard didn't use bluelines for part of the background on this one.

I agree. Don't like the blues at all on this one.

thanks for all the kind words lol

It is still a published WD cover :sumo:

Plus I had to make some room for three huge additions to my WD OA collection (thumbs u

That was quick.

So true. I remember it on Splash page about 3-4 months ago. I wish Adlard didn't use bluelines for part of the background on this one.

I agree. Don't like the blues at all on this one.

thanks for all the kind words lol

It is still a published WD cover :sumo:

Plus I had to make some room for three huge editions to my WD OA collection (thumbs u

Yes it is, and a special piece without a doubt.

of all the walking dead things i have, including OA from 13 and 66, a cover is the one piece i'm missing. now i wish i had bought a cover instead of page 6&7 from 66 (make no mistake, i love my pages....and i love page 6 of 66 from a zombie apocalypse book).

eventually, maybe around issue #110, i'll start hunting for a cover.

of all the walking dead things i have, including OA from 13 and 66, a cover is the one piece i'm missing. now i wish i had bought a cover instead of page 6&7 from 66 (make no mistake, i love my pages....and i love page 6 of 66 from a zombie apocalypse book).

66 is one of the most underrated issues in my book. Death of Dale (and the Ben/Carl event). It's sad that politics likely led to him getting the early axe in the series.

Edited by pkveronese

66 is one of the most underrated issues in my book. Death of Dale (and the Ben/Carl event). It's sad that politics likely led to him getting the early axe in the series.

What politics are you referring to with Dale from the series? Did he not get along with the cast members or something?

Jerome

He openly criticized AMC for firing Darabont.
Darabont has been good to him throughout the years continously casting him in various projects. I would have been surprised if Jeffrey DeMunn continued to stay on board, like Alexandra Holden (another Darabont vet... The Mist) without saying or doing anything. My 2c