• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
12 12

40,446 posts in this topic

Or maybe we should be focused on the fact that Rick looks like a fading apparition walking away from all the people he couldn't save, towards the word 'Dead'. lol

I like that idea - a very good turn for the series IMO. Rick's fought hard, it almost feels like he deserves the release.

One of the things that bothers me about this Larger World arc is that Aaron was out there scouting for new people and he never stumbled across the other settlements??? To me this says that either Aaron is a really horrible scout or that he's a liar.

It doesn't help those who want Rick to live that he doesn't have feet in the drawing ... it's not a Rob Liefeld variant ... I think there's a real possibility that issue 100 is where Rick dies ... I'll miss him, but it will solidify the idea that no one is safe and it is sure to garner significant attention in the mainstream media

For those of us reading TPBs: THANKS FOR THE SPOILER!!!

I'll send you the issues - we gotta get you read up!

I've already done that :gossip:

Rick dying is due, but what about One-Eyed WIllie Carl? I know he's been through a lot, but he's still a kid, right? I want Rick's magic boots :lol:

Jerome

Edited by jump_ace

Issue 100, Rick dies. Issue 101, 1st appearance of Cyborg Carl.

I'm just making ridiculous guesses at this point - why the heck am I still using spoiler tags?

Edited by pkveronese

Re: Issue 100

Walking-Dead-comic-lives-to-see-100-C419L18M-x-large.jpg

I can't tell who is in the foreground under Tyrese's head.

Is it Andrea? It looks like they have freckles around the eyes.

hm In the vein of reading too much into cover. Wonder whose forearm that is in the foreground in front of Tyreese? hm is that a camo jacket?

Eric Stephenson, at the Diamond Retailer Summit, just told us that the latest issue of Walking Dead will break it's own record (set last month) for number of monthly orders on the book. Over 40,000.

When a book see a 500% sales spike in a few months after being around for several years....I start to worry as there's nowhere to go but down.

Eric Stephenson, at the Diamond Retailer Summit, just told us that the latest issue of Walking Dead will break it's own record (set last month) for number of monthly orders on the book. Over 40,000.

When a book see a 500% sales spike in a few months after being around for several years....I start to worry as there's nowhere to go but down.

I think this may also be to do with the fact that the first season has only just recently started on UK national television. Just a guess.

Am I messing up my math or is that hyperbole. I know early issues had low print runs 9k-14k, but I thought the WD had been selling 20K+ copies since the show got hot? Am I missing something?

Until I can buy a New Mutants 98 CGC 9.8 for less than $100, I'm nothing but happy about print runs. I appreciate that we are all more careful with our books now than we were in the 90's but I still remember books being canceled when they sold 150K issues a month. I think it's a great time to be collecting and I'm happy that more people are reading the Walking Dead each month. In fact, I hope issue 100 sells 250K copies and out sells every Marvel and DC title that month (wishful thinking but I hope it happens).

Edited by Nico Esq