• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,447 posts in this topic

That was quick.

So true. I remember it on Splash page about 3-4 months ago. I wish Adlard didn't use bluelines for part of the background on this one.

I agree. Don't like the blues at all on this one.

thanks for all the kind words lol

It is still a published WD cover :sumo:

Plus I had to make some room for three huge additions to my WD OA collection (thumbs u

:( I was looking forward to seeing that framed with the 9.9 copy

Sniff, sniff. :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Here are some covers I have picked up recently. I have posted a few of these sporadically, but thought I'd post them all together here. I'm looking to pick up some others in the very near future.

TheWallkingDEAD83couv.jpg

TheWallkingDEAD80couv.jpg

AdlardWalkingDead75CoverA.jpg

WD38cover.jpg

He openly criticized AMC for firing Darabont.
Darabont has been good to him throughout the years continously casting him in various projects. I would have been surprised if Jeffrey DeMunn continued to stay on board, like Alexandra Holden (another Darabont vet... The Mist) without saying or doing anything. My 2c

Very true - The Mist is such a weird movie now with all the Walking Dead ties. Thomas Jane (cast as Rick when the show was initially shopped) is in it too. DeMunn got a SAG nomination for his performance in Darabont's adaptation of the Green Mile.

Bernthal (Shane) is already tied to another Darabont project (LA Noir). Darabont takes care of his people, I'm sure DeMunn will be on the show in some form too.

I'll repeat what I said previously about DeMunn. I have no problem if they had "creative differences" and cut him loose. But, I would have preferred that they just put another actor in the role of Dale, an important part of the books and the series, rather than killing off the character so early in the show.

Richard Harris died after Harry Potter two, was replaced by another guy and I doubt people blinked. Other instances by death or personality can surely be found and could have been here too.

Yeah, but you run into bad-blood and potential bad-press to be buzzed around Tinseltown when you don't sever ties completely with a disgruntled actor. With Richard Harris, he died before his character could help Harry's character arc be completed to the books. He was a crucial element to Hogwarts. With DeMunn, AMC was afraid of anymore bad publicity, people in the Darabont camp might gripe about.

"I didn't like it, So, they replaced me."

AMC publically let him do a honorable thing for his friend (surprising spin) and probably figured they could just write in a new character anyway, like Merle, Daryl, T-Dog to expand the television universe past the funnybook.

That was quick.

So true. I remember it on Splash page about 3-4 months ago. I wish Adlard didn't use bluelines for part of the background on this one.

I agree. Don't like the blues at all on this one.

thanks for all the kind words lol

It is still a published WD cover :sumo:

Plus I had to make some room for three huge additions to my WD OA collection (thumbs u

:( I was looking forward to seeing that framed with the 9.9 copy

It will be worth it once my new additions arrive :headbang:

AMC publically let him do a honorable thing for his friend (surprising spin) and probably figured they could just write in a new character anyway, like Merle, Daryl, T-Dog to expand the television universe past the funnybook.

I now want to see Merle as the wise, compassionate old guy in the group in season 3. You started it - "People for a Kinder, Gentler Merle".

Darabont has been good to him throughout the years continously casting him in various projects. I would have been surprised if Jeffrey DeMunn continued to stay on board, like Alexandra Holden (another Darabont vet... The Mist) without saying or doing anything. My 2c

Jeffery DeMunn actually apologized later to AMC but the wheels was already set in motion for his departure.

Very true - The Mist is such a weird movie now with all the Walking Dead ties. Thomas Jane (cast as Rick when the show was initially shopped) is in it too. DeMunn got a SAG nomination for his performance in Darabont's adaptation of the Green Mile.

Bernthal (Shane) is already tied to another Darabont project (LA Noir). Darabont takes care of his people, I'm sure DeMunn will be on the show in some form too.

Don't forget DeMunn played the prosecutor who helped put Andy behind bars in the first place in Shawshank.

I now want to see Merle as the wise, compassionate old guy in the group in season 3. You started it - "People for a Kinder, Gentler Merle".

His evil racism was just in that hand and now that it's sitting on that rooftop, he's a huggy-bear. :wishluck:

Re: Issue 100

Walking-Dead-comic-lives-to-see-100-C419L18M-x-large.jpg

I can't tell who is in the foreground under Tyrese's head.

Is it Andrea? It looks like they have freckles around the eyes.

Certainly looks like it...

Re: Issue 100

Walking-Dead-comic-lives-to-see-100-C419L18M-x-large.jpg

I can't tell who is in the foreground under Tyrese's head.

Is it Andrea? It looks like they have freckles around the eyes.

Certainly looks like it...

I'm not so sure because...

You can't see the scar, and Amy had freckles too, so it's as likely to be her I think. Not sure they would be careless enough to reveal a spoiler like that.

Edited by Balham's Finest

Or maybe we should be focused on the fact that Rick looks like a fading apparition walking away from all the people he couldn't save, towards the word 'Dead'. lol