• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,448 posts in this topic

I'd like to take this opp to guess how much this page goes for.

http://www.splashpageart.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=28789&ArtistId=84&Details=1&Mag=Walking+Dead&From=TDetail

Mark's words. (I kinda agree)

"This splash page is one of the best Walking Dead images done so far!"

I say it goes for $5k

Thoughts?

:popcorn:

Two things:

1. The OA with inks and pencils has really thrown me off. Not sure how to price things accordingly now.

2. That piece is nice, but it's only TRULY memorable once we see what happens in the next issue.

Thought about #2 and yes along with what Doug said, you guys are right. I retract what I said about it doesn't matter what happens. It does matter, that will affect the piece to a collector.

What if Its a minor cut and negan start to beat Rick. The story moves on to greater events. This page goes for 4-5 grand and then the real grail peices will be untouchable.

Oh yes untouchable! I'm with you on that one. Like I said before, we may never even see the death of Rick page. I know that #100 was taken by someone, the whole issue, I've never seen it nor is it even on CAF. When it happens (hope not soon) I hope the art is released to be viewable.

As a consumer, it doesn't matter. I would have loved to have seen this earlier.

What do you mean by this? :popcorn:

Are you allowed to sell something like that with out permission from skybound? hm

Nope.

-shawn

Shawn?!? Never heard of him (shrug)

:baiting:

As a consumer, it doesn't matter. I would have loved to have seen this earlier.

What do you mean by this? :popcorn:

Are you allowed to sell something like that with out permission from skybound? hm

Nope.

-shawn

Shawn?!? Never heard of him (shrug)

:baiting:

tumblr_m4vi2s9os81rp8x9o+jjjj.gif

What if Its a minor cut and negan start to beat Rick. The story moves on to greater events. This page goes for 4-5 grand and then the real grail peices will be untouchable.

Oh yes untouchable! I'm with you on that one. Like I said before, we may never even see the death of Rick page. I know that #100 was taken by someone, the whole issue, I've never seen it nor is it even on CAF. When it happens (hope not soon) I hope the art is released to be viewable.

IIRC he does have a CAF gallery, but those pages are not on there and neither are some of the covers he has. Who knows... Some people just have a busy life and don't get around to putting stuff online.

IIRC he does have a CAF gallery, but those pages are not on there and neither are some of the covers he has. Who knows... Some people just have a busy life and don't get around to putting stuff online.

Yup-- he's on CAF and has a great collection. Just doesn't have the issue 100 art posted. One day.

hm I forget If we talked about this before......who is he?

Here's a question for you Dead collectors if you could help me with your opinion. I have a complete set of Issues 1 through 100, with all the Variants & 2nd Prints. I'm really being hammered by my future wife to cut back on the size of my collection in general, so I'm getting rid of a bunch of runs of various comics and just keeping the keys to keep myself Happy. My idea for my run is to save the below issues, but do you think there are any issues that I should consider keeping that might get tougher to find in the future? I'm not "investing" per se, but i don't want to struggle to find them in the future if I decide I want to re-buy them.

Here's what I'm for sure keeping:

Issues #1-12 (I just like to know I have the first year for posterity purposes)

Issue #19

Issue #27

Issue #33 Blue

Issue #48

Issue #50 Superhero Variant

Issue #53

Issue #61

Issue #92

Do you think there are any other issues I'll regret getting rid of? I don't feel strongly attached to any of the other variants like the LBCC or Image Expo, so just wondering if you were in my predicament, which issues would you save?

Exactly. Who's he? I was just talking about a no name person. I guess others no who "he" is.

I've never regretted selling anything and I've had NM copies of IH #181, X-Men #94 and GS #1 and 7 copies of TWD #1. I had very different feelings about this before TPBs and Compendiums and the like were available. I have certain books I will never part with for personal reasons but none of them are worth a lot to anyone else. My brother has a mini comics museum in his house. Nothing gets read and nothing sees light, thats just not for me. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Exactly. Who's he? I was just talking about a no name person. I guess others no who "he" is.

Think we talked about it before sometime ago.

At work now and I dont have time to go through 2000 pages lol

Here's a question for you Dead collectors if you could help me with your opinion. I have a complete set of Issues 1 through 100, with all the Variants & 2nd Prints. I'm really being hammered by my future wife to cut back on the size of my collection in general, so I'm getting rid of a bunch of runs of various comics and just keeping the keys to keep myself Happy. My idea for my run is to save the below issues, but do you think there are any issues that I should consider keeping that might get tougher to find in the future? I'm not "investing" per se, but i don't want to struggle to find them in the future if I decide I want to re-buy them.

Here's what I'm for sure keeping:

Issues #1-12 (I just like to know I have the first year for posterity purposes)

Issue #19

Issue #27

Issue #33 Blue

Issue #48

Issue #50 Superhero Variant

Issue #53

Issue #61

Issue #92

Do you think there are any other issues I'll regret getting rid of? I don't feel strongly attached to any of the other variants like the LBCC or Image Expo, so just wondering if you were in my predicament, which issues would you save?

Here is what i would keep if i had to cut it down:

#1 - 24 (Tony's Cover Run), 25 (Charlies 1st Cover), 27, 33 Blue, 48, 50 Superhero, 53, 61, 63, 92

I've never regretted selling anything and I've had NM copies of IH #181, X-Men #94 and GS #1 and 7 copies of TWD #1. I had very different feelings about this before TPBs and Compendiums and the like were available. I have certain books I will never part with for personal reasons but none of them are worth a lot to anyone else. My brother has a mini comics museum in his house. Nothing gets read and nothing sees light, thats just not for me. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Thanks for the insight. I agree that the number of boxes just keeps increasing and that it's not practical to pull things out to read anymore...here's another example... I have 5 short boxes of only Garth Ennis written books including everything Punisher but also everything else he's ever written for other publishers. I would love to read it all again but just will never happen, but can only get pennies on the dollar if I want to get rid of it (aside from maybe Preacher and Boys/Hitman complete runs. I guess that's just how it goes when collecting modern comics...

Here is what i would keep if i had to cut it down:

#1 - 24 (Tony's Cover Run), 25 (Charlies 1st Cover), 27, 33 Blue, 48, 50 Superhero, 53, 61, 63, 92

Thanks for the insight. Good idea on keeping Tony's complete cover run...