• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,448 posts in this topic

It's not a matter of caring. I don't care either but was just curious. I have zero interest in buying any of those pages. Mainly because the price would be insane.

It's crazy to think what the actual price would be now vs. what was paid!

I was thinking the same thing last Night....Man o Man Its got to be up there.

100 is when the oa really shot up....correct?

Jim :foryou:

You have a run of the weekly? Raw or cgc?

I was thinking about a sneak attack on the registry lol Would need a heavy SS set to over throw and maybe a few 9.9 to keep it that way.

But if would be à battle and I happen to be friendly with the top ranker..... He will get over it lol time is à great healer...

My advice to you would be to keep your comics and get rid of your future wife. I'm halfway joking but 5 years from now you will most likely wish you did.

lol thanks. In my case, If have some solace in the fact knowing that I've already had her get rid of about 10 garbage bags worth of clothes and shoes so far, so we're compromising at least....

the OA took off after 2012 NYCC

Correct. I bought some nice pre-issue 25 pieces before SDCC that year. Someone (another dealer who flips...) bought a bunch of pages at SDCC. By NYCC, it was pretty bare and the price increase (that was very fair, in my opinion) took effect.

What you need is a Weekly set. It was always a set I cared more about than the regular run

2) Tiny print run

Jim

how tiny ? hm

#1 8,858 copies and keeps receding for most issues, when numbers are in the 3,300 range for #37-39, and less than 3,000 copies of 49-52. Factor in they are the ugly red step child of the regular title and 9.8's become even scarcer.

I've always viewed it as THE collectors set to complete, because of the actual challenge it presents. The #1 Registry set for the title, doesn't even have a full complete set in 9.8.

Jim

It's not a matter of caring. I don't care either but was just curious. I have zero interest in buying any of those pages. Mainly because the price would be insane.

Edited by ComicsNYC22

I offered to buy the entire book from Mark a month before the book was out, sight unseen and not having a clue what was going to happen. I just felt it was something I wanted to own. Mark said to me they hadn't decided yet what they were going to do with it but he'd get back to me. I remember an after dinner discussion with my wife and telling her when I heard back I was going to offer $1,000 a page for the 30 pages and then donate the book to a museum as part of my "legacy" and keep it intact for all of time. We even spoke and said depending how negotiations went, I was prepared to go up to $2,000 per page.

I have never been more glad, that a dealer never got back to me in my whole life. :cloud9:

Jim

I offered to buy the entire book from Mark a month before the book was out, sight unseen and not having a clue what was going to happen. I just felt it was something I wanted to own. Mark said to me they hadn't decided yet what they were going to do with it but he'd get back to me. I remember an after dinner discussion with my wife and telling her when I heard back I was going to offer $1,000 a page for the 30 pages and then donate the book to a museum as part of my "legacy" and keep it intact for all of time. We even spoke and said depending how negotiations went, I was prepared to go up to $2,000 per page.

I have never been more glad, that a dealer never got back to me in my whole life. :cloud9:

Jim

I think Im most inpressed you said something to you wife about it :o

We have a dont ask and dont tell system with my collecting habits.

Jim

I think Im most inpressed you said something to you wife about it :o

We have a dont ask and dont tell system with my collecting habits.

20k and up I always gave her the heads up, anything less was a what did you get in mail today?

Jim

The real #129 cover is up

TWD129_cover.png

Is that old man Rick with a cane?!?!?!

SPOILER:

Ummm. Is that LUCILLE?!

If a lot of years have passed in TWD, enough for Rick to become "old", would Walkers really be a threat? I mean would that make sense in the apolcyapse? You would have to believe that after a long period of time, walkers would have been closed to wiped out due to the lack of food or at least civilization would have developed to some extent to defend and eliminate them. I personally don't think that the story has fast forward that drastically because it wouldn't make that much sense.

I know most of you guys here know about these books but for the ones that don't here you go. Its the CBLDF convention and retailer incentive edition.

Its not on any of the Walking Dead CGC registries. Charlie Adlard did the cover for the issue but there is not a Walking Dead story inside. One cover is color and the other is B&W with the CBLDF logo over the art.

a>

a>

Edit: I don't have these raw so have never seen inside the book, only going by what I have been told.

This is not about the story but it's starting to bother me.......... The CBLDF that Adlard did in 2010, I have the convention edition and the retail Incentive edition. Does that mean there was a regular issue that shops could order?

What you need is a Weekly set. It was always a set I cared more about than the regular run

2) Tiny print run

Jim

how tiny ? hm

#1 8,858 copies and keeps receding for most issues, when numbers are in the 3,300 range for #37-39, and less than 3,000 copies of 49-52. Factor in they are the ugly red step child of the regular title and 9.8's become even scarcer.

I've always viewed it as THE collectors set to complete, because of the actual challenge it presents. The #1 Registry set for the title, doesn't even have a full complete set in 9.8.

Jim

Yea I didn't know it was that low too. I did just see that James might be interested, I'm sorry I don't wanna step on any toes with getting the WD weekly. :eek:

And the cover for 129 is awesome! But it does look like a bat but it also looks like some sort of wiring going into the base of the bat. Almost like electrical wires or cord. (shrug)