• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,448 posts in this topic

My first published Walking Dead art arrived yesterday! Next I'm hunting for a nice Negan page.

88e4c2f47a9d4a1ec5b47fed24f34b00.jpg

Nice pick! Lots of good groups hots and lots of Rick. If you wanted to start with something that has most of what a fan could want out of a page then you did just that.

Did pretty similar thing myself with the second page I got. Essentially a decidedly average page with just talking heads... Just plenty of characters

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=956640

The cast in TWD for me is divided up into 1-48, 49-100 & now 101-126... Then who knows beyond that point.

Thanks for sharing.

So just story question, does it strike anyone else as odd that somehow Rick isn't sick? It seems awfully convenient.
I always thought maybe Rick is affected differently by the virus - that maybe it gives him the "ever living" aspect without killing him. Maybe far fetched but he survived the hospital in the beginning, his hand and now possibly having been infected. Maybe even Carl and Judith also have this reaction to the virus which is how Carl survived the shot and how maybe Judith survived Lori's death (and maybe on the cover of 127?). If this theory is true then only a head shot could kill the Grimes family (if Judith did die it's because she was Shane's lol). Edited by Carl Elvis

Nice group shot OA you got. Congrats!! And WTTB !!

Nice man. Welcome to the club.

Thanks!

Nice pick! Lots of good groups hots and lots of Rick. If you wanted to start with something that has most of what a fan could want out of a page then you did just that.

Did pretty similar thing myself with the second page I got. Essentially a decidedly average page with just talking heads... Just plenty of characters

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=956640

The cast in TWD for me is divided up into 1-48, 49-100 & now 101-126... Then who knows beyond that point.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, that's a nice page you have as well! I agree with the cast issues, when I choose this page I figured this was probably the last time they would all be in the same scene together.

So just story question, does it strike anyone else as odd that somehow Rick isn't sick? It seems awfully convenient.
I always thought maybe Rick is affected differently by the virus - that maybe it gives him the "ever living" aspect without killing him. Maybe far fetched but he survived the hospital in the beginning, his hand and now possibly having been infected. Maybe even Carl and Judith also have this reaction to the virus which is how Carl survived the shot and how maybe Judith survived Lori's death (and maybe on the cover of 127?). If this theory is true then only a head shot could kill the Grimes family (if Judith did die it's because she was Shane's lol).

Wow.. honestly, I f'n love this theory! lol

Seems a little bit too 'unrealistic' for The Walking Dead though..

(Yes, I realize that the book is about the dead coming back to life, and to think that anything could be 'unrealistic' is just ridiculous)

The Hooded Utilitarian is an offshoot blog of THE COMICS JOURNAL for writers who are too brainy for TCJ. Generally speaking. Here's a recent piece on the TWD TV show:

http://www.hoodedutilitarian.com/2014/04/how-the-walking-dead-became-the-realest-show-on-television/

Followed by this (polite) rebuttal:

http://www.hoodedutilitarian.com/2014/04/the-zombie-apocalypse-and-the-dangers-of-empathy/

Good stuff.

I always thought maybe Rick is affected differently by the virus - that maybe it gives him the "ever living" aspect without killing him. Maybe far fetched but he survived the hospital in the beginning, his hand and now possibly having been infected. Maybe even Carl and Judith also have this reaction to the virus which is how Carl survived the shot and how maybe Judith survived Lori's death (and maybe on the cover of 127?). If this theory is true then only a head shot could kill the Grimes family (if Judith did die it's because she was Shane's lol).

Wow.. honestly, I f'n love this theory! lol

Seems a little bit too 'unrealistic' for The Walking Dead though..

(Yes, I realize that the book is about the dead coming back to life, and to think that anything could be 'unrealistic' is just ridiculous)

lol, thanks! Yeah I know what you mean about the unrealistic part, the book isn't the type to start handing out any kind of "powers".

Am I missing something here...? I thought it was pretty obvious that Dwight shot Rick with a clean arrow. THAT is why he is not infected.

(shrug)

That's what I thought as well.

+1

Is it Wednesday yet? I want to see how this war ends!

Me too. But I am treading lightly here, cause I know between today and Wednesday morning someone will read it and post a spoiler and I can't be apart of that. So there might not be to much said from me in this thread until after I have read it.

:wishluck: