• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,447 posts in this topic

Oh I see it now...

BTW @James. Do you ever notice when some of the pages you own get reused for other stuff?

Like 108 p 14 being the retailer exclusive cover of the magazine?

http://www.thewalkingdead.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Issue7-retailexclusive-small.jpeg

Or the HC BC #8 being the 10 year anniversary logo and T-Shirt image?

http://www.thewalkingdead.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/twd10years-anniversary-feat.jpg

edit: here's another one reprinted, although not as a cover that someone may recognise ;)

preview-600x414.jpg

:o :O :o :O :o

:shy:

p.s Where are these located? Sorry noobish question.

So I'm not the only one that did not like the AOW blanks?

I have been going with 109's for my sketches.Just hated the fact that the AOW was taken up so much space on the blank and IMO taken away from the sketched.

Thanks Garf I have been seeing alot of the art reused and it feels pretty cool when I see it. I also seen the splash from 108 Where Carl is outside the gate fighting off the walkers. Its on one of those wd mags.....forget which one.

So with regards to the ongoing series it looks like a whole new group or cast is going to be the new focus of the book (at least of a while) starting at issue 127.

If so is this the same new group that will be the focus of the new TV spin off?

Oh I see it now...

BTW @James. Do you ever notice when some of the pages you own get reused for other stuff?

Like 108 p 14 being the retailer exclusive cover of the magazine?

http://www.thewalkingdead.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Issue7-retailexclusive-small.jpeg

Or the HC BC #8 being the 10 year anniversary logo and T-Shirt image?

http://www.thewalkingdead.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/twd10years-anniversary-feat.jpg

edit: here's another one reprinted, although not as a cover that someone may recognise ;)

preview-600x414.jpg

:o :O :o :O :o

:shy:

p.s Where are these located? Sorry noobish question.

Think it is the official mag issue #6.

So with regards to the ongoing series it looks like a whole new group or cast is going to be the new focus of the book (at least of a while) starting at issue 127.

The letters pages on the back pages of #126 said that #127 has nothing to do with the TV series (fyi) (thumbs u

I would say that taking note of Kirkman calling it a "companion show" means that it will run parallel to everything else. In other words not a "spin off" where there is a crossover of a character or characters. It's highly likely coincidental that there is a companion series and a new beginning in the book at the same time. The new show will be co-written by Dave Erickson (Sons of Anarchy) whereas the comic book is just Kirkman.

Can't see the two being the same at all... otherwise what happens to the main TV series? Does it become "(Formerly) The Walking Dead"? That and the new show would quickly catch up to the new comic book characters and then run off into the long grass with the story. It's taken the main TV show 4 years to do pretty much 6 years of comic book material (including some filler).

2c

edit: that and what Ryan said it seems ;)

Edited by Garf

I would say that taking note of Kirkman calling it a "companion show" means that it will run parallel to everything else. In other words not a "spin off" where there is a crossover of a character or characters. It's highly likely coincidental that there is a companion series and a new beginning in the book at the same time. The new show will be co-written by Dave Erickson (Sons of Anarchy) whereas the comic book is just Kirkman.

Can't see the two being the same at all... otherwise what happens to the main TV series? Does it become "(Formerly) The Walking Dead"? That and the new show would quickly catch up to the new comic book characters and then run off into the long grass with the story. It's taken the main TV show 4 years to do pretty much 6 years of comic book material (including some filler).

2c

edit: that and what Ryan said it seems ;)

Your right I guess spin-off is the wrong word, but I thought it might make sense that the new TV group might have some comic book roots as well. And the timing does seem close.

So do we know for certain then this has no ties to the new TV show?

Nevermind, thanks. Just found it in the letter column. They flat out say no! 127 has nothing to do with the spin-off.

Edited by Rip

Thanks Garf. And yes, they are not that caught up yet to the book in the show. If you have read Kirkmans interviews, he's asked a bunch of times if Negan will appear in the show. Kirkman neither confirms nor denies this. But he's on board.

So you see that the timeline would not be askew with the comic. (thumbs u

Maybe one day it will catch up. :wishluck:

Who knows though, we might only get season 5.

I hope at least we get 7 seasons but that's just me.

I'm on my third time reading TWD from issue 1-current and although I don’t know the exact amount, they do use the word "zombie" a few times, particularly in the first few arcs up to when they reach the prison... I posted a pic in the Southern Bastards thread, but I don’t know if that is all the times the word was mentioned or just a few examples.

I'm on my third time reading TWD from issue 1-current and although I don’t know the exact amount, they do use the word "zombie" a few times, particularly in the first few arcs up to when they reach the prison... I posted a pic in the Southern Bastards thread, but I don’t know if that is all the times the word was mentioned or just a few examples.

I'll just have to take your word for it. To be honest, after the tv show started I never bothered to finishing reading the walking dead, I didn't want to spoil the TV show for myself. I love the show, even more so than the comic.