• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Charlie's Manilla appearance display....

10154980_10152004486451436_2631512099231664144_n.jpg

Nice to see how the covers are framed by the collector.

So the art is up on display in a comic shop? If so that's pretty cool.

Is this a recent picture? And is this in the UK Garf?

AFAIK today in the Philippines

So the owners of the art donated the pieces for this display?

All of the covers are owned by one dude. He also owns the bookstore where Charlie is having the signing basically like the barnes and noble of the Philippines. He has a sick art collection.

All of the covers are owned by one dude. He also owns the bookstore where Charlie is having the signing basically like the barnes and noble of the Philippines. He has a sick art collection.

Thanks for that, then I know who he is. Great stuff.

Hey Guys,

For you all that haven't heard, Charlie Adlard and Stefano Gaudiano will be guests at Big Wow Comic Fest on May 17 & 18th in San Jose California. www.bigwowcomicfest.com

I am going to be moderating a panel with Charlie and Stefano at the con.

The panel subject will be:

Drawing the Walking Dead

Artist, Charlie Adlard, and inker Stefano Gaudiano discuss what it is like to create the images behind the hugely successful comic and tv series The Walking Dead. Charlie will explain how his art style has evolved during his tenure on the book and how having an inker allows him to work differently now. Stefano, being the newest addition to the team, shares his experiences of inking Charlie and how this project differs from his vast number of other previous collaborations. They'll discuss the controversial "All Out War" storyline and how working on a near bi-weekly schedule for a year affected how they worked.

I will be handling a Q&A session at the end of the panel to touch on things that I think fans of the book might want to hear. An example of something that I will pose is if they could change a direction of how a specific storyline turned out or what happened to a certain character in the book, what would it be?

Since you all are rabid fans, I thought I'd ask you for suggested questions that I should ask the guys. Throw out any legitimate questions that you'd like me to pose and I'll pick a handful of the best ones to use in the panel. Perhaps I'll mention your handle as the person who asked the question live in the panel. Thanks

Mark Hay

Splash Page Comic Art

Hey Guys,

For you all that haven't heard, Charlie Adlard and Stefano Gaudiano will be guests at Big Wow Comic Fest on May

Since you all are rabid fans, I thought I'd ask you for suggested questions that I should ask the guys. Throw out any legitimate questions that you'd like me to pose and I'll pick a handful of the best ones to use in the panel. Perhaps I'll mention your handle as the person who asked the question live in the panel. Thanks

Mark Hay

Splash Page Comic Art

Thanks for asking Mark. I would like to know if Charlie and Stefano would ever respectfully consider doing thier version of Kirkman's -script for the first 6 issues of Walking Dead?

Hey Guys,

For you all that haven't heard, Charlie Adlard and Stefano Gaudiano will be guests at Big Wow Comic Fest on May

Mark Hay

Splash Page Comic Art

Thanks for asking Mark. I would like to know if Charlie and Stefano would ever respectfully consider doing thier version of Kirkman's -script for the first 6 issues of Walking Dead?

^^

Carl Elvis,

I could pose that question to them, but ultimately that type of project would be up to Robert to initiate. They might have an opinion on whether they'd be interested in doing it, but it would be Robert's call.

Mark

Hey Guys,

For you all that haven't heard, Charlie Adlard and Stefano Gaudiano will be guests at Big Wow Comic Fest on May 17 & 18th in San Jose California. www.bigwowcomicfest.com

I am going to be moderating a panel with Charlie and Stefano at the con.

The panel subject will be:

Drawing the Walking Dead

Artist, Charlie Adlard, and inker Stefano Gaudiano discuss what it is like to create the images behind the hugely successful comic and tv series The Walking Dead. Charlie will explain how his art style has evolved during his tenure on the book and how having an inker allows him to work differently now. Stefano, being the newest addition to the team, shares his experiences of inking Charlie and how this project differs from his vast number of other previous collaborations. They'll discuss the controversial "All Out War" storyline and how working on a near bi-weekly schedule for a year affected how they worked.

I will be handling a Q&A session at the end of the panel to touch on things that I think fans of the book might want to hear. An example of something that I will pose is if they could change a direction of how a specific storyline turned out or what happened to a certain character in the book, what would it be?

Mark Hay

Splash Page Comic Art

Here you go Mark...

Stefano, have you had a try at drawing your own interpretation of the TWD characters, maybe to get a feel for them?

Charlie, you must be the king of drawing Rick talking or zombie hands after 10 years of TWD. What parts of the book still excite you to draw?

Stefano, are there any notable differences between working on a creator owned project and say something from the big two?

Charlie, you have commented several times saying that you enjoy to draw with your inks but you are now mostly working on the penciling... has this changed your approach to drawing TWD pages (thumbnails / prelims) or are you still working everything out on the page (drawing it live)? If it has then you are going to have to do a new "Art of" book :P

Stefano, how have you found the TWD fans to be so far and have you had a chance to take a look at the TV series being filmed?

Charlie, are there any hidden things (easter eggs) in your art that we may not have spotted?

Stefano, it would be pretty cool to see perhaps a cover from you or at least a pinup or two published. Cliff has already had a go at this, would it be something you would like to do?

Charlie, TWD is essentially a character book, you might get some advance warning from Robert that a new character has a big role but is it still difficult to give them a style that ends up suiting them if you have one issue to go on? *cough*Eugene's hair*cough* *cough*

I'm sure you have both been asked about your influences before... so instead what should we be reading or catching up on when we have finished reading TWD? Who do you guys think is doing something exciting in the comics world right now?