• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

:applause:

You should be a reporter for a comic mag or blogger. hm

Aww shush you :shy:

I'm being serious bud. :foryou: I'm not that quick with questions, especially ones as interesting as yours. Pretty much the very thing we would all want to know. Good stuff.

I wanna find easter eggs. hm

I'm sure that I could of asked questions to Adlard when I met him at NYCC, but I seriously was star struck, and all I could say was, "Thank you Charlie your awesome". Then I shook his hand. :sorry:

:applause:

You should be a reporter for a comic mag or blogger. hm

Aww shush you :shy:

I'm being serious bud. :foryou: I'm not that quick with questions, especially ones as interesting as yours. Pretty much the very thing we would all want to know. Good stuff.

I wanna find easter eggs. hm

I'm sure that I could of asked questions to Adlard when I met him at NYCC, but I seriously was star struck, and all I could say was, "Thank you Charlie your awesome". Then I shook his hand. :sorry:

Haha. Asking questions about TWD that other people want to hear the answers to is kinda different than talking to someone personally. Don't beat yourself up about that, it's difficult to relate to people if you only really know a little bit about them. I would imagine that Kirkman would be much easier to chat to about TWD in general as he knows where it is going.

Charlie travels, has a band (with more than one artist in it so who gets to do the cover art? ), is a family man, knows other people in the industry, knows conventions, knows people either on the boards or CAF that you might also know, collects lego / star wars stuff, has worked for European publishers, knows quite a bit about war, has a local comic store, has drawn all kinds of characters... It's probably easier to start a conversation if it isn't to do with TWD, just like you would with anyone else. The bigger problem is that he has very limited time at cons and signings whilst TWD remains red hot, and probably for some time after too.

Hey Guys,

For you all that haven't heard, Charlie Adlard and Stefano Gaudiano will be guests at Big Wow Comic Fest on May 17 & 18th in San Jose California. www.bigwowcomicfest.com

I am going to be moderating a panel with Charlie and Stefano at the con.

The panel subject will be:

Drawing the Walking Dead

Artist, Charlie Adlard, and inker Stefano Gaudiano discuss what it is like to create the images behind the hugely successful comic and tv series The Walking Dead. Charlie will explain how his art style has evolved during his tenure on the book and how having an inker allows him to work differently now. Stefano, being the newest addition to the team, shares his experiences of inking Charlie and how this project differs from his vast number of other previous collaborations. They'll discuss the controversial "All Out War" storyline and how working on a near bi-weekly schedule for a year affected how they worked.

I will be handling a Q&A session at the end of the panel to touch on things that I think fans of the book might want to hear. An example of something that I will pose is if they could change a direction of how a specific storyline turned out or what happened to a certain character in the book, what would it be?

Since you all are rabid fans, I thought I'd ask you for suggested questions that I should ask the guys. Throw out any legitimate questions that you'd like me to pose and I'll pick a handful of the best ones to use in the panel. Perhaps I'll mention your handle as the person who asked the question live in the panel. Thanks

Mark Hay

Splash Page Comic Art

What a great idea! The boardies here are the right guys to ask if you need help coming up with good questions. Let us know which ones you pick and look forward to you letting us know the answers! I will be at the show and will make the panel if I'm able. Good luck!

Hey Guys,

For you all that haven't heard, Charlie Adlard and Stefano Gaudiano will be guests at Big Wow Comic Fest on May 17 & 18th in San Jose California. www.bigwowcomicfest.com

I am going to be moderating a panel with Charlie and Stefano at the con.

The panel subject will be:

Drawing the Walking Dead

Artist, Charlie Adlard, and inker Stefano Gaudiano discuss what it is like to create the images behind the hugely successful comic and tv series The Walking Dead. Charlie will explain how his art style has evolved during his tenure on the book and how having an inker allows him to work differently now. Stefano, being the newest addition to the team, shares his experiences of inking Charlie and how this project differs from his vast number of other previous collaborations. They'll discuss the controversial "All Out War" storyline and how working on a near bi-weekly schedule for a year affected how they worked.

I will be handling a Q&A session at the end of the panel to touch on things that I think fans of the book might want to hear. An example of something that I will pose is if they could change a direction of how a specific storyline turned out or what happened to a certain character in the book, what would it be?

Since you all are rabid fans, I thought I'd ask you for suggested questions that I should ask the guys. Throw out any legitimate questions that you'd like me to pose and I'll pick a handful of the best ones to use in the panel. Perhaps I'll mention your handle as the person who asked the question live in the panel. Thanks

Mark Hay

Splash Page Comic Art

Hi Mark!!!!!! :acclaim:

I'll toss my hat into the ring and email these to you, too:

If there was a favorite page or cover Charlie could keep from the book, what would it be?

Have there ever been any areas where those two and Robert are very far off creatively on how a character visually comes to life? Curious to know when it comes to designing characters, if Robert's really prescriptive on what he wants, or if Charlie /SG have any wiggle room?

On a different topic, for those who participate in the registry sets... the Image Firsts that came out last week was a new printing.

Was there a new back cover?? My store didn't have any as they're still sitting on stacks from the last one.

Someone's really faking RK art??? Wow. What a country.

I find it hard to believe, too. But apparently people are faking zombie sketches by me. This is a fake. http://t.co/MnmYqwtL6b buyer beware!

Yup Its a fake....RK does not sketch that nice :insane:

:jokealert:

Edited by James J

Someone's really faking RK art??? Wow. What a country.

I find it hard to believe, too. But apparently people are faking zombie sketches by me. This is a fake. http://t.co/MnmYqwtL6b buyer beware!

Yup Its a fake....RK does not sketch that nice :insane:

Looks very similar to some that were posted on eBay some time ago. At the time I reached out to the comic shop whose CoA that eBay seller was using to claim authenticity and that shop owner forwarded the info to Shawn Kirkham at Skybound. Last I heard, that eBayer received cease and desist notification from Skybound's lawyers.

The art looks very familiar and I could almost bet the house it's the same jerk who has continued forging them...