• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,448 posts in this topic

So - in #134..

If the new lot "Skinners"? "Skin-Walkers"? whatever, are humans wearing dead faces, why were they eating the Guard Riders?

If they were cannibals, surely they'd cook them? They were eating the horse - raw.

Or have I, as usual, got it completely wrong, and the ARE evolving, learning talking Zombies?

I thought they were Human - but if so, why not cook their prey - and why did Jesus ask Dominguez ?(forget name) - if he'd been bitten?

Anyone? Because, I'm quite confused.

I think they were mixing in with the real zombies. That's their disguise. There were real zombies and then there were the skin walkers.

That's why when Jesus said if any of you can hear me, but they didn't say anything cause they were busy eating.

Yeah, that makes sense -

but, and it's a very small but - wouldn't the walkers contaminate meat by eating it, thereby not allowing the 'skinners' to eat? Or don't the 'skinners' eat the guards?

Yeah, that makes sense -

but, and it's a very small but - wouldn't the walkers contaminate meat by eating it, thereby not allowing the 'skinners' to eat? Or don't the 'skinners' eat the guards?

Was it made clear that they are cannibals? I don't remember.

No - that was what was confusing me - the guys that attacked the surviving guard used weapons AND were trying to bite. The horse (one of them) was slashed with a sword - and was shown being eaten.

To me it's not clear - its gruesome enough having "Skinners" - may as well call 'em that - without them being cannibals as well.

Here's a thought - could they actually be evolved walkers who use skin to 'look better' as in, want to look more human - not to hide, but as a need?

This is a terrific story arc so far - but I am really not sure WHAT the skinners will actually turn out to be

Just to confuse things a bit more :grin:

So - in #134..

If the new lot "Skinners"? "Skin-Walkers"? whatever, are humans wearing dead faces, why were they eating the Guard Riders?

If they were cannibals, surely they'd cook them? They were eating the horse - raw.

Or have I, as usual, got it completely wrong, and the ARE evolving, learning talking Zombies?

I thought they were Human - but if so, why not cook their prey - and why did Jesus ask Dominguez ?(forget name) - if he'd been bitten?

Watch the movie "Warm Bodies." It will tell you all you need to know...

So - in #134..

Watch the movie "Warm Bodies." It will tell you all you need to know...

So you think they are Zombies "rehumanising"?

Interesting movie that btw - not sure if I really enjoyed it, but it was certainly quite watchable.

There was another series quite like it from the BBC - a dead soldier comes home, his gay boyfriend, all set in a militia town after the Zombie war.

Can't remember the name of it - think it was a 4 part series.

"In The Flesh"

That was it - a 3 parter. They've made a second series apparently - so that's me sorted for TV tonight!

Yeah - I'm going with skin-walkers!

Did ANYONE checkout that BBC show I mentioned?

It's available on those sites - 3 episodes in season 1 and 6 episodes in season 2.

Really, really good - watched all 6 back to back. Zombies rise, but scientists find a treatment, but they have to take it every day to stay "Human"... or as the lefty political Govt call it "Partially Deceased Syndrome"

High value production, made by the BBC - just as good as TWD, but in a whole different way.

Has anyone else wqatched it - as I know most of you would really like it.

"In The Flesh" - plus don't forget good ol' Z-Nation, now on ep #10.

Not as funny/fresh as it started out to be, but still really good fun - last night 'Radioactive Zombies'....

Just a heads-up as you probably are a Zombie lover to be reading this thread!

So - in #134..

There were straight up zombies there as well as "whisperers". The zombies don't attack the whisperers due to the rotting smell trick and the whisperers don't attack the zombies because they don't need to. Both of them attack the patrol / guards. One lot does stabbing with knives, the other the usual eating stuff.

Exhibit A: There only seems to be one whisperer in this panel. The zombie on the far left even has an arm missing.

wMpkyY5.png

The whisperers are just humans dressed as zombies looking to survive or do whatever it is they do... dunno (shrug) Anyway, whatever the story is it hasn't been revealed to us yet. The only thing we do know since a couple of issues ago is they just dress up as zombies, they mix in with zombies to try and hide or confuse people, they are pissed off at the survivors for entering their land and there may be a lot more of them.

KUgxtFt.png

If this turns out to be some sort of zombie worshiping cult with a religious nutjob who has control of a good amount of people and land then it's just like Stake Land. So ruling that one out :P

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1464580/

So - in #134..

There were straight up zombies there as well as "whisperers". The zombies don't attack the whisperers due to the rotting smell trick and the whisperers don't attack the zombies because they don't need to. Both of them attack the patrol / guards. One lot does stabbing with knives, the other the usual eating stuff.

Exhibit A: There only seems to be one whisperer in this panel. The zombie on the far left even has an arm missing.

wMpkyY5.png

The whisperers are just humans dressed as zombies looking to survive or do whatever it is they do... dunno (shrug) Anyway, whatever the story is it hasn't been revealed to us yet. The only thing we do know since a couple of issues ago is they just dress up as zombies, they mix in with zombies to try and hide or confuse people, they are pissed off at the survivors for entering their land and there may be a lot more of them.

KUgxtFt.png

If this turns out to be some sort of zombie worshiping cult with a religious nutjob who has control of a good amount of people and land then it's just like Stake Land. So ruling that one out :P

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1464580/

Thanks for the effort you put into that garf - cool.