• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,448 posts in this topic

I'm actually, now that I'm thinking about it, a little disappointed with the issue. Even though it was good, I was expecting more. I hope Kirkman has a real surprise in store for us. Let's go Kirkman tell us and show us something epic!!!!

Mind games can be scarier than a bloodfest

Hey guys, I have a question: how often are fake/counterfeit TWD comics sold?

I'm asking this because I've recently bought a $100+ raw TWD variant book (limited to less than 1000), but I've just found out the seller has sold more than 10 of the same book in the past few months. I don' think he's selling fake books, but that just made me think. How easy is it to create fake books and sell them as real ones?

I wanted to buy a #100 hero initiative blank a few months ago, but then I stopped looking for it because some fake copies were spotted. They were a little bit different from the original though, but it was hard to understand it was a counterfeit. What if perfect fake copies of #1 start circulating? Maybe there are a lot of counterfeits in circulation that we don't know anything about.

Buying that book made me think so much about this that I'm probably about to quit collecting TWD books...

But since I'm no expert and instead don't know anything about how a counterfeit could be created and if it's even possible to do all this... I'm just asking you.

a lot of people have 10+ copies of $100+ walking dead books. Making good fakes of anything isn't easy. the market would be insanely flooded with fake books to recoup the cost to make it. Look at jordan's and Handbags.

those counterfeit 100 blanks are a different story because they are a cover over an original book. but they're so different than the og it doesn't even try to be a good fake.