• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,448 posts in this topic

I'm hoping negan doesn't die till the end of the series. Alpha will go before he does

The reason The Walking Dead is so great is that things you don't like or don't want to happen, happen anyway. I loved Tyrese and Glenn. Their deaths matter and make this comic the modern day Amazing Spider-man. Our favorites may save the day or they may die in the next 10 seconds. We don't know and a popularity contest won't save them. This is the only book where the main character could die and still run into the future without losing readers and without doing a gimmick. We, the readers, don't have a say. This isn't Robin being beaten to death because he wasn't OUR Robin.

This is THE Walking Dead and no one is safe...

See Bernie. :sorry:

I'm hoping negan doesn't die till the end of the series. Alpha will go before he does

The reason The Walking Dead is so great is that things you don't like or don't want to happen, happen anyway. I loved Tyrese and Glenn. Their deaths matter and make this comic the modern day Amazing Spider-man. Our favorites may save the day or they may die in the next 10 seconds. We don't know and a popularity contest won't save them. This is the only book where the main character could die and still run into the future without losing readers and without doing a gimmick. We, the readers, don't have a say. This isn't Robin being beaten to death because he wasn't OUR Robin.

I can totally see Kirkman making Bernie a major character on the TV show in a few years

I can totally see Kirkman making Bernie a major character on the TV show in a few years

I'd be so happy :cloud9:

If he lasted 5 minutes, that would be considerably more time than he got in the book. lol

Somebody asked if #127 was a good book to buy and I believe it has a little extra value for 4 reasons. The future shift, Magna, Outcast preview, and mainly, the death of Bernie. :sorry:

Just came back from ECCC and I was surprised to find a new exclusive McFarlane figure there. Didn't take a picture, but it's the same card shape as the current available McFarlane Walking Dead exclusives: Ezekiel, Jesus, Alpha, Michonne.

This is the new post-127 version of Rick with the closely cropped hair, and similar to the other figures it comes in a standard or bloody version for $25 each.

Also, finally got to meet Big Clutch and quickly chat with him about original art. Really great personable guy, don't see too many vendors smiling after three days but there he was happy and helpful. Tell Robert Kirkman if he wants Platt art he knows where to find me lol.

Does anyone remember what month Bernie saving the human race ? I think we should meet here one a year in Bern's honor to celebrate the man, the literal myth, the legend...

TWD #127 was published on May 14, 2014. One day after my 3rd wedding anniversary. :grin:

Does anyone remember what month Bernie saving the human race ? I think we should meet here one a year in Bern's honor to celebrate the man, the literal myth, the legend...

TWD #127 was published on May 14, 2014. One day after my 3rd wedding anniversary. :grin:

I nominate you, President of the Bernie Fan Club. :devil:

That's when I'm getting married this May!!!

Congrats ! You can be Vice President chaseman210 :)

I nominate you, President of the Bernie Fan Club. :devil:

:o

hm

(tsk) Way too much pressure for me!

:insane:

Congrats ! You can be Vice President chaseman210 :)

:whee:

Thanks for the congrats!

I'm married 25 years this year. She is near perfect, completely turned my life around, loves boxing, NFL, all basketball, shes a great cook though I don't ask her much, and she puts up with, even though she doesn't understand, a 49 year old who loves comics. SOULMATE. I wish you the same. (thumbs u

I'm married 25 years this year. She is near perfect, completely turned my life around, loves boxing, NFL, all basketball, shes a great cook though I don't ask her much, and she puts up with, even though she doesn't understand, a 49 year old who loves comics. SOULMATE. I wish you the same. (thumbs u

You hit the jackpot tiger. :banana: