• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,448 posts in this topic

Lucille

One day left to go...

:luhv:

Love the book, but that auction ended much cheaper than I would have guessed.

Pretty sure that's because of the case it's in. I imagine it would have ended higher if it was in a CGC one.

That and probably the fact it's not a "witnessed" signature that kept some bidders at bay.

I wonder if CGC would authenticate the signature if a witness presented it to Kirkman and he acknowledged it was his own hm

Lucille

One day left to go...

:luhv:

Love the book, but that auction ended much cheaper than I would have guessed.

Pretty sure that's because of the case it's in. I imagine it would have ended higher if it was in a CGC one.

That and probably the fact it's not a "witnessed" signature that kept some bidders at bay.

I wonder if CGC would authenticate the signature if a witness presented it to Kirkman and he acknowledged it was his own hm

CGC has to witness the signature being done in order for it to be eligible for SS.

Ezekial is a hero so 108 will go up....Negan is a villain so 100 will stagnate (until people figure out Negan is somewhat likeable)

I will agree and vehemently disagree. Ezekiel's 1st app 108 will (and is) going up...but I don't see Negan's stagnating anytime soon...especially come October's show return. 2c

108 will fall between 53(Eugene, Rosita, and Abraham) and 92 (Jesus). Ezekiel will be popular but I am not sure his staying power with how the story unfolds. 100 and Negan is going to be the huge winner if AMC can figure out how to be creative on the language and the dialog. He is such a love/hate character, and I think most will really fall for him as the story unfolds. Plus with Jeffery Morgan playing Negan it will only help that character.

The big question for me is issues 127 (Magna) and 132,138 (Alpha depending on which you think will be the 1st) and 135(Lydia). I personally think Alpha is a game changer and with the cover of 156 it could be insane where Kirkman goes with her. Also Lydia so far to me seems like a very interesting character in the comic, but I am not sure what they will do if they get to her on the show.

108 will fall between 53(Eugene, Rosita, and Abraham) and 92 (Jesus). Ezekiel will be popular but I am not sure his staying power with how the story unfolds. 100 and Negan is going to be the huge winner if AMC can figure out how to be creative on the language and the dialog. He is such a love/hate character, and I think most will really fall for him as the story unfolds. Plus with Jeffery Morgan playing Negan it will only help that character.

The big question for me is issues 127 (Magna) and 132,138 (Alpha depending on which you think will be the 1st) and 135(Lydia). I personally think Alpha is a game changer and with the cover of 156 it could be insane where Kirkman goes with her. Also Lydia so far to me seems like a very interesting character in the comic, but I am not sure what they will do if they get to her on the show.

This is a good post. I agree about 132/138- gonna be heaters barring a quick death

Yup agree totally with you on Alpha and Negan; they have more staying power if the show sticks to the book. On the other hand 108 has a base now of $35 raw, over $100 for 9.8.I don't think we saw that a year before Negan appeared for his firsts. I could be wrong but the market seems to be with me on this book being big, yes?

I figured this was the case. Weren't some of the Lucilles given yellow labels though? Weren't all of them signed by Kirkman initially?

This pretty much is what happened with that.

"After the comic book or comic magazine is signed in the presence of a CGC employee or CGC authorized witness, the book is immediately submitted to CGC for grading and encapsulation..."

...except when it's not.

hm