• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
12 12

40,446 posts in this topic

HOLY @#$% if this is the real deal!

(worship)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tony-Moore-Original-Art-Walking-Dead-Issue-1-Page2-/251033291126?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a72c00976

Looks OK if not for the zero feedback seller.

I predict just under 6k for this piece.

I think it will go higher.

Not to mention that if every LCS was actually completely up-to-date on the pricing of every modern book, this thread would be filled with people whining about the "insane" prices they saw at their LCS and how bad this is for new readers :ohnoez:

i don't think so. the problem is it's either one extreme or the other. shops are either totally clueless, or they severely over price books. only one shop in all of s california that i've gone to had any idea walking dead books were selling for a premium. too bad the guy had walking dead #94 priced at $10! and #92 priced at $25.

If/when Abraham, Rosita and Eugene die then issue 53 will go down plenty. I'm sure the first appearance of characters like Tyrese would have been worth alot if he was still alive in the book.

The Governor's dead and his first appearance is a hot book right now. But he'll be in Season 3.

If/when Abraham, Rosita and Eugene die then issue 53 will go down plenty. I'm sure the first appearance of characters like Tyrese would have been worth alot if he was still alive in the book.

The Governor's dead and his first appearance is a hot book right now. But he'll be in Season 3.

I agree with you guy on those, but those two might be exceptions, because of the TV shows. WD 19 was worth about $25-50 before the TV hype started. I think it was because Michonne was a popular character and still alive. WD 27 wasn't worth much at all for a long time, because the Governor died, and has only shot up now because of the TV show.

Edited by lemonman5

Other than 19 they have all only shot up because of the TV show. I couldn't give 10 away until the recent sales.

Of course they've all shot up, but the keys are hitting ridiculous prices. The problem is recognizing what a key is. Issue 48 was a definite key, but wasn't worth anything until about 2 weeks ago.

Other than 19 they have all only shot up because of the TV show. I couldn't give 10 away until the recent sales.

Of course they've all shot up, but the keys are hitting ridiculous prices. The problem is recognizing what a key is. Issue 48 was a definite key, but wasn't worth anything until about 2 weeks ago.

Actually 48 always sold well.

I guess I misunderstood you here.