• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
12 12

40,446 posts in this topic

Yes, he did.

At the start of whichever issue it is in which Michonne returns to the outside of the prison, there are a few frames focussed on his severed head. You can see his eyes moving. Then Michonne spikes his head, to kill him, and cries.

Yep - the beginning of 49.

This may have been asked before, but:

[it's not a spoiler if you're up to date to issue 48]

How come Michonne is able to kill lots of zombies by decapitating them, but both Hershel's twins and Tyreese came back as zombies despite being decapitated when they were alive?

My take on it, which may be WAY off since I only watch the show (and am only a couple episodes into the second season):

Isn't it a matter of 'destroying' the brain, instead of just separating it from its body? I assume Michonne is just leaving a bunch of undead heads lying around waiting to ankle-bite any passer-bys!

I'm with this explanation.

I made the mistake of renting Ankle Biters, a horrible 2002 horror movie, one night with some friends. Here's the trailer if you want to torture yourself.

If Walking Dead heads down this road by issue 150...

Edited by pkveronese

What is a reasonable price to pay for a Walking Dead 27 CGC 9.8 SS (Kirkman) issue? If you feel more comfortable PMing me your opinion, please do not hesitate to do so. Thank you for any advise you may be willing to share. I appreciate it.

So live and die by the GPA ... I think that's safe advice. My only thought is that Walking Dead is down right now so I was wondering if it is time to look for a deal or if CGC 9.8 SS books are generally unaffected by any short term downturn in a market. Do you have one for sale or a 19 SS for sale? PM is you do please.

Don't be a stick in the mud ... there was an auction that I just stumbled across that was about to end and I was trying to get some opinions before I made an impulsive decision. Good grief. I'm sorry my responsive sentence was not entirely topical. It clearly effected the vigorous discussion and debate about major issues that was happening at that moment in this thread. Seriously, relax. It will add years to your life. And for the record, I have a WTB thread regarding issues 19 and 27. I received one response (which I appreciated) but it had imperfectinos and was more expensive than copies in better condition on ebay so it didn't really work out too well for me.

Edited by Nico Esq

There is a reason you're on my ignore list (and probably many others lists). You can't seem to grasp how a discussion works. we were doing ok with the discssion of current pricing, but then you derail it with your stupid PM request. You want the book(s) then bump that WTB thread you have.

Please also learn how to use the "Enter" (Return) button.

In case you had trouble finding it.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=257627&Number=5664568#Post5664568

There is a reason you're on my ignore list (and probably many others lists). You can't seem to grasp how a discussion works. we were doing ok with the discssion of current pricing, but then you derail it with your stupid PM request. You want the book(s) then bump that WTB thread you have.

Please also learn how to use the "Enter" (Return) button.

In case you had trouble finding it.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=257627&Number=5664568#Post5664568

Thank you for ignoring me. The discussion in this thread is about much more than pricing. My PM request was because time to address my issue was limited. Your failure to send me a PM so as not to further "derail" any discussion which hadn't been happening in some time in this particular thread when I made my posts is a self-serving conclusion to rationalize the efficacy of your complaint. When you say "bump" my WTB thread, I think you are merely suggesting that I post in it again so as to move it to the top of the list; however, this is nonsensical insofar as those who frequent the WTB area would have already read my post. Finally, I don't follow your reference to the "Enter" (Return) button, in the event that you failed to ignore me and you find that particular point ot be of importance, kindly send me a PM regarding it.

He may be new, but...I like Tim already. ;-)

Please don't suggest that you have not strayed from topic in discussions on this and other threads.

Newbie fight :cloud9:

Did you ever sell that Walking Dead 27 you tried to sell me or is it still for sale? Please PM me about it if it is still for sale. Thanks! Also, please don't call me a newbie.

hm depending on how this book goes, I just might put mine on the market :grin: you know you really love your set, when even the prospect of making that kind of dough, brings emotions of reluctance :facepalm:

He may be new, but...I like Tim already. ;-)

Please don't suggest that you have not strayed from topic in discussions on this and other threads.

The only thing that I am "suggesting" here is that I do not like you or your inherently long, pointless posts. The number of words you use is usually inversely proportional to the quality of the content.

lol

Newbie. :baiting:

Or do you prefer noob?

It's a term meant to insult someone who is new to the forum. It is not a term that promotes new membership and it is therefore antithetical to the board's future, the popularity of CGC and the CGC board and generally insulting whether it is intended to be insulting or not. I would appreciate it if you would not use the term to descibe me or anyone else for that matter.

That being said, I'm done with these asides and prefer to stick to discussions of the Walking Dead. In an effort to promote discussion of the Walking Dead which copies does everyone think are the best to get sketched? Obviously issue 48 is the best, is issue 6 next or issue 7? After those three it gets hard. Anyone else have any suggestions or cool examples? Sometimes, I think regardless of the blank space on the book, as long as you get the artist to use the right pen that it doesn't matter becasue the sketch or illustration is visually more prominant than anything else. Anyone else have any thoughts or opinions they would like to shar?