• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
12 12

40,446 posts in this topic

He may be new, but...I like Tim already. ;-)

Please don't suggest that you have not strayed from topic in discussions on this and other threads.

The only thing that I am "suggesting" here is that I do not like you or your inherently long, pointless posts. The number of words you use is usually inversely proportional to the quality of the content.

Please keep your hateful remarks to yourself. Whether or not you like or do not like me is profoundly less topical to the discussion of the Walking Dead than my aside requesting that Branget contact me if he had any of the books I referenced for sale. This is the kind of inappropriate comments that I requested stop on the boards so that on lookers are not discouraged from posting for fear of having to endure hateful commentaries or engaging in juvenile behavior to fit in. I hope that whatever problems you are having resolve and wish you the best. Please refrain from making personal attacks or insulting me or others in the future.

lol

Newbie. :baiting:

Or do you prefer noob?

It's a term meant to insult someone who is new to the forum. It is not a term that promotes new membership and it is therefore antithetical to the board's future, the popularity of CGC and the CGC board and generally insulting whether it is intended to be insulting or not. I would appreciate it if you would not use the term to descibe me or anyone else for that matter.

That being said, I'm done with these asides and prefer to stick to discussions of the Walking Dead.

Really, noob...? I'd say your whole time on this forum has been one long, tedious aside.

He may be new, but...I like Tim already. ;-)

Please don't suggest that you have not strayed from topic in discussions on this and other threads.

The only thing that I am "suggesting" here is that I do not like you or your inherently long, pointless posts. The number of words you use is usually inversely proportional to the quality of the content.

Please keep your hateful remarks to yourself. Whether or not you like or do not like me is profoundly less topical to the discussion of the Walking Dead than my aside requesting that Branget contact me if he had any of the books I referenced for sale. This is the kind of inappropriate comments that I requested stop on the boards so that on lookers are not discouraged from posting for fear of having to endure hateful commentaries or engaging in juvenile behavior to fit in. I hope that whatever problems you are having resolve and wish you the best. Please refrain from making personal attacks or insulting me or others in the future.

Perhaps you should learn how to use a PM. You hint that branget might "contact you" if he has the books that you want, but then you can't just "contact him" outside of this thread to ask your question...as if, somehow, we all benefit from your post even though it's directed at exactly one member.

The only thing discouraging anyone from posting here is having to read your long-winded nonsense all the time. Even a new member with only 72 posts has already learned to ignore you. that didn't take long, did it?

If you are that concerned about how you are treated, then just stop acting dumb.

Better yet, start a thread (or three) about how boardies should be treating each other. We all love to hear about it from you newbies.

Oh, wait...too late. You already did that.

Okay, I need some advice. The plan all along has been to sell off my WD's when the next compendium comes out. Should I sell now though? I have pretty much everything from 48 to 96 and a few earlier issues. Looks like I could get good money, but I'd be months without my compendium. When is it scheduled for release, and do you think things will heat up on later issues or is it pretty much as hot as it's going to get?

Compendium 2 is due out "in the fall". They will want to give volume 16 of the trade and volume 8 of the HC a bit of time to sell before releasing it, I would think.

Unless you're planning to re-read your singles between now and then, I wouldn't worry about being without your compendium (you could always pick up the TPBs and then try to sell them too when the compendium comes out, which could involve a small loss.

I'm not the person to ask about when books are at their hottest - does anyone really know this? It's impossible to tell how good future issues are going to be, although Something to Fear is shaping up nicely.

One thing I would add though - I very much doubt you are the only person who has the idea of selling off your singles (or trades for that matter) when the Compendium comes out. So it may be that you have more of a shot of making more now.

lol

Newbie. :baiting:

Or do you prefer noob?

It's a term meant to insult someone who is new to the forum. It is not a term that promotes new membership and it is therefore antithetical to the board's future, the popularity of CGC and the CGC board and generally insulting whether it is intended to be insulting or not. I would appreciate it if you would not use the term to descibe me or anyone else for that matter.

That being said, I'm done with these asides and prefer to stick to discussions of the Walking Dead. In an effort to promote discussion of the Walking Dead which copies does everyone think are the best to get sketched? Obviously issue 48 is the best, is issue 6 next or issue 7? After those three it gets hard. Anyone else have any suggestions or cool examples? Sometimes, I think regardless of the blank space on the book, as long as you get the artist to use the right pen that it doesn't matter becasue the sketch or illustration is visually more prominant than anything else. Anyone else have any thoughts or opinions they would like to shar?

The idea of newbie is used in every walk of life in groups that have lasted hundreds or thousands of years. Many groups exist contrary to your analysis. You are also a hypocrite considering you derail threads like it's going our of style and even started a thread asking that other boardies not try to limit what you post.

If you prefer I don't call you a newbie then fine. You're an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. Congrats!

Okay, I need some advice. The plan all along has been to sell off my WD's when the next compendium comes out. Should I sell now though? I have pretty much everything from 48 to 96 and a few earlier issues. Looks like I could get good money, but I'd be months without my compendium. When is it scheduled for release, and do you think things will heat up on later issues or is it pretty much as hot as it's going to get?

Compendium is in the fall. There will be another spike for Walking Dead in October and again in March of next year. You have time.

Please keep your hateful remarks to yourself.

This is the kind of inappropriate comments that I requested stop on the boards so that on lookers are not discouraged from posting for fear of having to endure hateful commentaries or engaging in juvenile behavior to fit in.

I think in both cases you meant hurtful, right?

Also, I own the copywrong to sketches drawn on #48s.

I am so glad I am going to (try and) stop at #99...now an additional #100 variant has been announced...

The Walking Dead Escape...

From the FAQ:

What's Included

All Survivors and Walkers will receive an Exclusive Special Edition of the 100th Issue of The Walking Dead.

All Spectators will receive an Exclusive Special Edition poster of the cover of the 100th Issue of The Walking Dead.

I think it says a variant not an exclusive. It's probably one of the 75K that will be printed already.

On the front page it says variant, but I copied that text directly from the FAQ where it says 'exclusive'.

You are right, it is probably one of the (presumed based on previous years) SDCC exclusive cover.