• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
12 12

40,446 posts in this topic

Can somebody help me out with identifying if this Walking Dead Volume 1 Omnibus is a first print? I just picked it up yesterday and can't figure out to tell what printing it is.Thanks! Joey

533172_2975989010552_1586645207_32032211_1359841842_n.jpg

I think one thing that plays against this book, despite the general rarity of the issue, is the extremely high CGC census population in grade. Hard to command a premium for a 9.8 when there are 350+ of them out there (and maybe closer to 400 now).

I've heard that argument before, for the record, tere are 351 copies of WD 1 in CGC 9.8. By comparison, there are 322 copies of Omega Men #3 Lobo's first appearance. I agree that it will be difficult for WD 1 to achieve an incredibly high price for a modern/copper age book as TMNT 1 has, but the notion that this book won't sell for $1,500 - $,2500 at some point because there are 350 copies I find less persuasive. My recollection is that there have been approximately 350 copies for last 6 months or so? Anyone else know for certain?

Considering I haven't stopped grading them I can assure you there were not 350 copies in 9.8 6 months ago if the census has that many now. ;)

In full disclosure, I've got a copy there myself that is near getting graded. I wonder how many more sharp raw copies are out there. I feel like the TV show has been on air long enough that people in the know should have scored almost all of the 9.8s and shipped them off to CGC.

In full disclosure, I've got a copy there myself that is near getting graded. I wonder how many more sharp raw copies are out there. I feel like the TV show has been on air long enough that people in the know should have scored almost all of the 9.8s and shipped them off to CGC.

You may feel that way, but it's still incorrect.

A quick glance at Greg's excellent CGC census analysis shows that there are new WD #1s in 9.8 added to the census on an almost bi-weekly basis, with no slowing down in sight:

http://www.gregholland.com/CGC/issuehistory.asp?comicid=43829

It's much easier to find a WD #1 in 9.6/9.8 than it is to find one that's 9.2 and below.

You may feel that way, but it's still incorrect.

A quick glance at Greg's excellent CGC census analysis shows that there are new WD #1s in 9.8 added to the census on an almost bi-weekly basis, with no slowing down in sight:

http://www.gregholland.com/CGC/issuehistory.asp?comicid=43829

It's much easier to find a WD #1 in 9.6/9.8 than it is to find one that's 9.2 and below.

That's an awesome site!