• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sigh... Anyone order from Comicsupply recently?

359 posts in this topic

And for anyone interested in how business is conducted by Comic Supply, here's the graphic detail...

Ehmm ... do you have some sort of personal beef with comicsupply, flaming_telepath? It totally sucks that thegroove had such a bad experience dealing with them, but I, for one, am glad that it actually got sorted out in the end ... and thegroove seems satisfied as well? You, on the other hand, seem totally frustrated that thegroove's problems were actually solved (shrug)

And for anyone interested in how business is conducted by Comic Supply, here's the graphic detail...

Ehmm ... do you have some sort of personal beef with comicsupply, flaming_telepath? It totally sucks that thegroove had such a bad experience dealing with them, but I, for one, am glad that it actually got sorted out in the end ... and thegroove seems satisfied as well? You, on the other hand, seem totally frustrated that thegroove's problems were actually solved (shrug)

I can't wait for this one. :popcorn:

Me too !... :popcorn:..................... :devil:...............BH

even if it did get solved it was SEVEN MONTHS LATER!!!!

ATTENTION!!! ATTENTION!!!

If anyone wants to send me any amount of money interest free for seven months

(please for the love of god do so) and I promise to pay you back 100% of what I borrowed.

Seriously all I want is your cash and letting me hold it interest free while I draw interest on it.

Because if you don't know how to make money on it - I sure do!

Thank you!

:wishluck: :wishluck: :wishluck: :wishluck:

I think you mean that Russ seems to be surreptitiously perusing the thread here, rather than responding to the grooves emails, if at all, with facts not fiction, and only greasing the squeeky wheel when it squeeks here ,with conditions like removing any bad press.

Thats sounds like what he is frustrated by to me.

What will he do next? Use some of that money he charged to customers like him who paid 7 months ago to buy featured ad space on this website to then try silence us completely?? (shrug)

(please for the love of god do so) and I promise to pay you back 100% of what I borrowed.

Seriously all I want is your cash and letting me hold it interest free while I draw interest on it.

Thank you!

I couldn't have said it any better (thumbs u (thumbs u

thegroove should have charged Russy interest

Thank you!

But that's not really the point, though. Thegroove had a problem with comicsupply - which, apparently, was solved to thegroove's satisfaction. You have no idea why thegroove deleted his post, so anything that's been said after that has just been pure speculation on your end.

I'm not debating the suckiness of having to wait 7 months for special-order items - because that is bad customer service no matter how you twist & turn it - I just think that if you're trying to make a statement about comicsupply, facts would be better than speculation.

In the absence of Thegroove replying (due to him being told to delete and shut up??) we can do nothing but speculate.

In the absence of Russ gracing us with his presence we can only ...speculate.

In the absence of you telling us why you want blow sunshine up our butts to the contrary we can only speculate you are related to him (or are of a relation to Kimberley?)

So if you have a contrary experience then relate it and add it to the body of evidence.

Speculation is always the fodder of forums until "facts" come out of hiding to present themselves.

In the absence of Thegroove replying (due to him being told to delete and shut up??) we can do nothing but speculate.

In the absence of Russ gracing us with his presence we can only ...speculate.

In the absence of you telling us why you want blow sunshine up our butts to the contrary we can only speculate you are related to him (or are of a relation to Kimberley?)

So if you have a contrary experience then relate it and add it to the body of evidence.

Speculation is always the fodder of forums until "facts" come out of hiding to present themselves.

So ... because I've had good experiences with comicsupply, I'm now suddenly related to them? That's just pathetic :screwy:

Hey,Cuz.

I guess we must be related as I've had mostly good experiances with CS and will order again when I need something.

I'm not defending Russ here at all,but to suggest anyone who does is somehow related is just plain dumb.

No, I have no personal beef with Comic Supply, but I sure as sh!te have a beef. (thumbs u

We here on the boards frequently expose and vilify the 'scammers' and unsavoury characters in our hobby.

Danny Dupcak for selling goods that are not as advertised.

Harold for fraudulently taking $4,000 from Phil Bellmore for a Batman #1 that never arrived.

Dad&Son for running off with another man's wife.

Doug Schmell for putting together his 'awesome' collection with funds misappropriated from his clients.

Matt Nelson for not proactively disclosing the manipulation his books undergo before he sells them.

Too many eBay sellers to begin to count for small scans/high shipping/poor grading.

The list goes on...big or small, we see a problem and we expose it for the good of the community. That's how it works around here...we inform our fellow collectors of potential problems.

And why Russ should be exempt from this, I have no idea. Surely keeping customers' money for many, many months and refusing to communicate, other than to decline to refund, is deserving of our concern?

You got your 100 bags and backing boards? Great. Excellent. Superb. (thumbs u

But many people haven't, and the problem is, this is not the first time it's all gone tits-up with this particular individual.

Nor the second.

Or even the third.

Russ is what you would call a serial offender and is therefore deserving of being dragged into the spotlight. Our friend found satisfaction, but only after posting the damning evidence (this was not speculation, but a well-documented description of events) to a public forum. He suffered seven months of being ignored and the only reason his issues were resolved was because he called Russ on it publically (this is speculation, but I don't believe in coincidences on this massive a scale).

Now, whether he gets his refund or not is, to my mind, of little relevance. What is relevant is hard evidence as to how CS go about doing business. Stuff like this should not be brushed under the carpet because some of Russ' customers are happy...or more accurately, are now happy.

No, I have no personal beef with Russ, but he needs to either sh!te or get off the pot. Run the business properly, or don't run it at all.

No, I have no personal beef with Comic Supply, but I sure as sh!te have a beef. (thumbs u

We here on the boards frequently expose and vilify the 'scammers' and unsavoury characters in our hobby.

Harold for fraudulently taking $4,000 from Phil Bellmore for a Batman #1 that never arrived.

Doug Schmell for putting together his 'awesome' collection with funds misappropriated from his clients.

Matt Nelson for not proactively disclosing the manipulation his books undergo before he sells them.

Too many eBay sellers to begin to count for small scans/high shipping/poor grading.

The list goes on...big or small, we see a problem and we expose it for the good of the community. That's how it works around here...we inform our fellow collectors of potential problems.

And why Russ should be exempt from this, I have no idea. Surely keeping customers' money for many, many months and refusing to communicate, other than to decline to refund, is deserving of our concern?

But many people haven't, and the problem is, this is not the first time it's all gone tits-up with this particular individual.

Nor the second.

Or even the third.

Russ is what you would call a serial offender and is therefore deserving of being dragged into the spotlight. Our friend found satisfaction, but only after posting the damning evidence (this was not speculation, but a well-documented description of events) to a public forum. He suffered seven months of being ignored and the only reason his issues were resolved was because he called Russ on it publically (this is speculation, but I don't believe in coincidences on this massive a scale).

Now, whether he gets his refund or not is, to my mind, of little relevance. What is relevant is hard evidence as to how CS go about doing business. Stuff like this should not be brushed under the carpet because some of Russ' customers are happy...or more accurately, are now happy.

No, I have no personal beef with Russ, but he needs to either sh!te or get off the pot. Run the business properly, or don't run it at all.

Damn! You ARE good! :golfclap:

Figured I would just come on here and say that I did not in anyway tell the poster to delete his posts.

And yeah, it was a special order item that isn't made often and it was on our order list from long ago. I managed to get some in stock, but it wasn't enough to fulfill the special order so I did in fact refund him what I couldn't send.

Certain sizes just aren't made often enough and we can't get them until they make them again. So, while the site says 1-2 months, the reality is that sometimes (on oddballs sizes) it can take longer.

For the record, I never ignored him and told him that they were still on order, and were supposed to arrive (albeit I had no definite timeframe)

Again, if anyone has issues with any orders please PM me for my personal phone number, or email me through the website or direct through Russell@comicsupply.com

Figured I would just come on here and say that I did not in anyway tell the poster to delete his posts.

And yeah, it was a special order item that isn't made often and it was on our order list from long ago. I managed to get some in stock, but it wasn't enough to fulfill the special order so I did in fact refund him what I couldn't send.

Certain sizes just aren't made often enough and we can't get them until they make them again. So, while the site says 1-2 months, the reality is that sometimes (on oddballs sizes) it can take longer.

For the record, I never ignored him and told him that they were still on order, and were supposed to arrive (albeit I had no definite timeframe)

Again, if anyone has issues with any orders please PM me for my personal phone number, or email me through the website or direct through Russell@comicsupply.com

Russ...this has become a common and worn out excuse. If you can't handle or better deal with these orders I'd suggest you get out of the mylar/bag business. I went back 4 pages and see at least 5 people who have complaints about your site and customer service. That's alot of grief associated with you. And that's from people who are members of this Forum...nobody knows if there could be others out there (I have to assume there are based on the problems outlined here).

Basically...you need to get your together...

Jim

Nor the second.

Or even the third.

Well said :applause:

And on an entirely practical note...

Is there any reason why people should be billed for supplies that are not in stock, and for which CS has no clue when they will be in stock?

There seems to be no justifiable reason why payment cannot be taken when, and only when, the supplier has delivered the goods to CS. After all, suppliers usually run a credit line with retailers, so there's no need for CS to have the money in advance.

Is there? (shrug)

Peter's been robbed so many times that he's in a coma, so somebody else has to pay Paul? (shrug)

Well, it would certainly explain the inability to stock items (that other suppliers seem to be be able to get hold of), or get restocks in a reasonable amount of time, wouldn't it? hm