• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sigh... Anyone order from Comicsupply recently?

359 posts in this topic

Is anyone else still having problems from Comic Supply?

I threw caution to the wind and placed a small order with them two weeks ago. According to the site, there were no special orders or out of stock items, so everything should have been in stock.

It's been two weeks now and nothing other than the initial order confirmation...

I threw caution to the wind and placed a small order with them two weeks ago. According to the site, there were no special orders or out of stock items, so everything should have been in stock.

It's been two weeks now and nothing other than the initial order confirmation...

istockphoto_2104687_action_clapper.jpg

Take Three Hundred Sixty Five...

:whistle:

I got my preorder on time last week - did you try emailing them or PM'ing russ?

Yeah, because whenever you order from a company, you should have to call the owner to remind them to confirm the order and send the goods... :insane::makepoint:

Yeah, because whenever you order from a company, you should have to call the owner to remind them to confirm the order and send the goods... :insane::makepoint:

So ... if you had a problem with an Amazon order, you'd post about it on this board instead of contacting Amazon about it?

So ... if you had a problem with an Amazon order, you'd post about it on this board instead of contacting Amazon about it?

No, I would contact Amazon first But while I waited for a response, I would also post about it in other places to see if others were in the same boat as me, or if it were an isolated incident.

And yes, I have contacted CS, but no response as of yet.

They way CS made it sound, there was some personal issue that slowed them down, it had passed, and they were getting back to business as usual.

It isn't appearing that way to me. It isn't like the items are lost or slowly on the way. It's that they still haven't even shipped, and there was no contact to say, oops, we had a run of orders and just ran out of XYZ. That is something Amazon does (backorder notifications). Their customers don't need to contact them, because they contact their customers.

The possibilities that I see are:

a) They just forgot to ship it

b) Items that were supposed to be in stock (per their site) really weren't in stock and they are waiting for items to come in.

c) Items were in stock when I ordered, but ran out filling other orders.

A and B would be the result of a failure on CS's part, either to package/ship, or to keep their site updated. Item C can happen sometimes and is no one's fault when it does. But I think it is a failure on CS's part to not notify the customer when this occurs.

I was used to 1-4 day ship times with CS (once I ordered special order merchandise and it took two weeks to ship, but that was known upfront), but now it definately seems longer, and I'm ordering the same basic items as before.

If you had a problem with an Amazon order for the 72nd time...I think a bit of public discussion would perhaps ensue?

Or is that just me with my ridiculously high standards of customer service? meh

I had been waiting on a whole order because of one backordered item. Finally I contacted Russ a couple of weeks ago via PM and had him send the stuff that was in stock. It arrived very quickly once I got the process going.

Mike

If you had a problem with an Amazon order for the 72nd time...I think a bit of public discussion would perhaps ensue?

Or is that just me with my ridiculously high standards of customer service? meh

If you continued to deal with Amazon after 71 screw-ups,you should ,perhaps check yourself in for some electro-shock.

I do believe this weeks excuse is "the dog ran away with the key to the stock room around his neck and the whole family is too busy making lost dog posters and placing them around town to answer emails" :popcorn:

:jokealert:

8301.gif

Heard back from CS. Apparently an item was out of stock. Instead of contacting me weeks ago to let me know it was out of stock (since their website didn't indicate it needed to be ordered), they have just been waiting for it to come in.

So again, I guess this goes back to lack of communication with the customer. Had I known two weeks ago that it was out of stock, I would have just removed it and got the rest of my order. Now that I've waited two weeks, I might as well wait a bit longer and get the entire order...