• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sigh... Anyone order from Comicsupply recently?

359 posts in this topic

I found this thread googling about clients' experiences with ComicSupply.

I placed an order with ComicSupply for $260 on 10/29/2007 (Mylites) and have been waiting ever since (That's over 7 months now). Contacted the seller through mail and phone and very rarely get a reply.

He claims the items ordered are not in stock and doesn't want to refund the money.

Buyers beware!

Awards are won by Comicsupply customers on a daily basis...

hilarious_2.jpg

:P

I placed an order with ComicSupply for $260 on 10/29/2007 (Mylites) and have been waiting ever since (That's over 7 months now). Contacted the seller through mail and phone and very rarely get a reply.

He claims the items ordered are not in stock and doesn't want to refund the money.

Buyers beware!

I think it's time divad added ComicSupply to the seller Probation list. This guys screwed over a dozen buyers already.

CC

Buyers beware!

I think it's time divad added ComicSupply to the seller Probation list. This guys screwed over a dozen buyers already.

CC

That's actually kinda funny.

Because he hardly ever sells HERE on the forums, but has his own store. Not located here.

Perhaps more of a warning against shopping at his website.

It's also like thinking of adding ebay sellers to the probation list.

Then again, I never actually check the FS forum, so I have no clue when the last he sold here.

My suggestion would be to move this thread to the Comics Market - Sales Advertising - Ebay, Dealers, etc

And rename this as "ComicSupply.com Warning" or something.

Or make a official "warning" thread for users who sell through other places then at CGC.

As I can see we do not have such a thing.

I know that a number of you have claimed good transaction history with this retailer, but quite honestly, if you're still using them, you need your head testing.

(a) It's only a matter of time before it's your turn to get burned.

(b) You are doing your fellow collectors a disservice by continuing to prop up an operation that has no thought, consideration or respect for its customers.

What they are doing is borderline fraud and until such time as each and every one of you pull the plug, they're going to continue down this road.

2c

I know that a number of you have claimed good transaction history with this retailer, but quite honestly, if you're still using them, you need your head testing.

(b) You are doing your fellow collectors a disservice by continuing to prop up an operation that has no thought, consideration or respect for its customers.

What they are doing is borderline fraud and until such time as each and every one of you pull the plug, they're going to continue down this road.

2c

That's more than 2c:sumo:

2c

That's more than 2c:sumo:

Two pence? (shrug)

Personally, I've never had a problem with Russ or his service. I'm not aware of all the past wranglings but I'll still keep them as a vendor.

This 7 month back-order business is something else, though. I can't believe you've been that patient.

I've been waiting 3 months , I think Russ hates the paperwork for shipping overseas , but he does accept overseas orders .

I've been buying from him for over a year and had no problems before , a bit slow , but not this slow , I am starting to get worried .

Just looked in my mailbox and received a mail from ComicSupply informing me they received a small amount of the Mag Archives and that my order has been shipped.

Furthermore CS just refunded me money for the items they were unable to ship.

Maybe I should have posted much earlier on this forum!? :applause:

Just looked in my mailbox and received a mail from ComicSupply informing me they received a small amount of the Mag Archives and that my order has been shipped.

Why did you delete your extremely informative post regarding how things went down with CS? (shrug)

Were you asked to do so?

Why did you delete your extremely informative post regarding how things went down with CS? (shrug)

Were you asked to do so?

He's not the only one who deleted his post? I was reading the thread through my emails so I read them before they were deleted. The other poster who quoted his post ALSO deleted his post?

I read a long , well detailed description of phone calls and emails ignored, a request for a refund was made after a few months and then denied, requests going on for 7 months, now it sounds like everything is hunky dory...IF there was a problem, it should be made public, so someone else who decides to make a purchase, does that in an informed manner...and THEN if it doesn't work out, they will have no right to post a thread...I absolutely understand that people are friends and want to patronize their friends, I do the same thing...but I sure hope pressure isnt' being applied to change informative negative posts into something that sounds like a cheer leading squad...just be factual.

Were you asked to do so?

how else was he going to get his money back?

Were you asked to do so?

doh!

'I'll only give you what you're due if you stop telling the truth.'

And for anyone interested in how business is conducted by Comic Supply, here's the graphic detail...

Well, the story is pretty straight-forward actually (and I hope CS will verify this)

I placed an order for Mylites (2/4 + Magazine archives) on October 29, 2007

I immediately paid for the order with PayPal ($258,49)

On November 27, 2007 I contacted ComicSupply about the order, because I was curious when my order would be shipped.

On December 12, 2007 I received a reply to my email informing me the items weren't in stock.

I waited some more and contacted ComicSupply again on January 23, 2008. I wanted to know what the status of the order was and if they were unable to fill the order that at least they would refund the money.

A day later I received a reply to my mail telling me the items still weren't available and that I was unable to cancel the order and get a refund.

On March 16, 2008 I contacted CS again to get informed about my order.

Four days later I received a reply informing me that the Mylites4 had arrived and that they thought they had enough Mag Archives to ship. They also asked me what to do if they couldn't fill the complete Mag Archives order.

I replied and informed CS to just ship the items in stock.

Because the order status didn't change I again contacted CS several times until I received a reply on April 18, 2008 informing me they still didn't receive any Mag Archives. Also didn't receive an explanation why CS didn't ship the items they had in stock as we agreed upon a month earlier.

So today (June 10, 2008) I am still waiting for my order. I didn't receive anything from CS (apart from a chronic headache).

I have tried calling CS on numerous occasions but noone ever takes the phone (> answering machine).

To verify my store I am willing to show people the actual communication and to prove that there isn't more to this story and Russ is actually that tardy. Well, at least with me.

Were you asked to do so?

honesty and integrity? (shrug)

And for anyone interested in how business is conducted by Comic Supply, here's the graphic detail...

Well, the story is pretty straight-forward actually (and I hope CS will verify this)

I placed an order for Mylites (2/4 + Magazine archives) on October 29, 2007

I immediately paid for the order with PayPal ($258,49)

On November 27, 2007 I contacted ComicSupply about the order, because I was curious when my order would be shipped.

On December 12, 2007 I received a reply to my email informing me the items weren't in stock.

I waited some more and contacted ComicSupply again on January 23, 2008. I wanted to know what the status of the order was and if they were unable to fill the order that at least they would refund the money.

A day later I received a reply to my mail telling me the items still weren't available and that I was unable to cancel the order and get a refund.

On March 16, 2008 I contacted CS again to get informed about my order.

Four days later I received a reply informing me that the Mylites4 had arrived and that they thought they had enough Mag Archives to ship. They also asked me what to do if they couldn't fill the complete Mag Archives order.

I replied and informed CS to just ship the items in stock.

Because the order status didn't change I again contacted CS several times until I received a reply on April 18, 2008 informing me they still didn't receive any Mag Archives. Also didn't receive an explanation why CS didn't ship the items they had in stock as we agreed upon a month earlier.

So today (June 10, 2008) I am still waiting for my order. I didn't receive anything from CS (apart from a chronic headache).

I have tried calling CS on numerous occasions but noone ever takes the phone (> answering machine).

To verify my store I am willing to show people the actual communication and to prove that there isn't more to this story and Russ is actually that tardy. Well, at least with me.

utter compostable_fertilizer!

:P