• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sigh... Anyone order from Comicsupply recently?

359 posts in this topic

And on an entirely practical note...

Is there any reason why people should be billed for supplies that are not in stock, and for which CS has no clue when they will be in stock?

There seems to be no justifiable reason why payment cannot be taken when, and only when, the supplier has delivered the goods to CS. After all, suppliers usually run a credit line with retailers, so there's no need for CS to have the money in advance.

Is there? (shrug)

(thumbs u

If the person pays by credit card,I believe Russ charges as the stuff is ready to ship. In the case discussed just now,the person paid via paypal.

No, last year he required payment in advance. That's the last time I ordered from him, so that is the last I knew...but I was not the only one and that was part of what sparked the hullabaloo last summer, my credit card was charged in advance, the shipping he determined later.

If the person pays by credit card,I believe Russ charges as the stuff is ready to ship. In the case discussed just now,the person paid via paypal.

No, last year he required payment in advance. That's the last time I ordered from him, so that is the last I knew...but I was not the only one and that was part of what sparked the hullabaloo last summer, my credit card was charged in advance, the shipping he determined later.

That was for a special order,which you even mentioned in your PM to me.

That was for a special order,which you even mentioned in your PM to me.

No, then you misunderstood my PM, that was not a "special" order for something normally not available, it was just for mylte2's that other dealer's had no problem ordering at the time, but he wanted the money upfront from everyone. It wasn't until I saw several other people mentioning that was odd, that I even questioned it.

My issue was not the money in advance, it was the fact that I was ignored when I tried numerous times to contact him, because he was later than he had promised with shipping and I just didn't want a box shipped while I was on vacation.

No , I paid by credit card on the 20 March , money was taken out that day ( just checked my statement ) , still waiting for bags and boards .

The robbing Peter quote sounds accurate and has me worried .

Ehmm ... do you have some sort of personal beef with comicsupply, flaming_telepath? It totally sucks that thegroove had such a bad experience dealing with them, but I, for one, am glad that it actually got sorted out in the end ... and thegroove seems satisfied as well? You, on the other hand, seem totally frustrated that thegroove's problems were actually solved (shrug)

No, I have no personal beef with Comic Supply, but I sure as sh!te have a beef. (thumbs u

We here on the boards frequently expose and vilify the 'scammers' and unsavoury characters in our hobby.

Danny Dupcak for selling goods that are not as advertised.

Harold for fraudulently taking $4,000 from Phil Bellmore for a Batman #1 that never arrived.

Dad&Son for running off with another man's wife.

Doug Schmell for putting together his 'awesome' collection with funds misappropriated from his clients.

Matt Nelson for not proactively disclosing the manipulation his books undergo before he sells them.

Too many eBay sellers to begin to count for small scans/high shipping/poor grading.

The list goes on...big or small, we see a problem and we expose it for the good of the community. That's how it works around here...we inform our fellow collectors of potential problems.

And why Russ should be exempt from this, I have no idea. Surely keeping customers' money for many, many months and refusing to communicate, other than to decline to refund, is deserving of our concern?

You got your 100 bags and backing boards? Great. Excellent. Superb. (thumbs u

But many people haven't, and the problem is, this is not the first time it's all gone tits-up with this particular individual.

Nor the second.

Or even the third.

Russ is what you would call a serial offender and is therefore deserving of being dragged into the spotlight. Our friend found satisfaction, but only after posting the damning evidence (this was not speculation, but a well-documented description of events) to a public forum. He suffered seven months of being ignored and the only reason his issues were resolved was because he called Russ on it publically (this is speculation, but I don't believe in coincidences on this massive a scale).

Now, whether he gets his refund or not is, to my mind, of little relevance. What is relevant is hard evidence as to how CS go about doing business. Stuff like this should not be brushed under the carpet because some of Russ' customers are happy...or more accurately, are now happy.

No, I have no personal beef with Russ, but he needs to either sh!te or get off the pot. Run the business properly, or don't run it at all.

Man !... :o....Very Nice !! (thumbs u (thumbs u............. :gossip:.........sure am glad I handle my business so diligently with that mate !..............................BH

Ehmm ... do you have some sort of personal beef with comicsupply, flaming_telepath? It totally sucks that thegroove had such a bad experience dealing with them, but I, for one, am glad that it actually got sorted out in the end ... and thegroove seems satisfied as well? You, on the other hand, seem totally frustrated that thegroove's problems were actually solved (shrug)

No, I have no personal beef with Comic Supply, but I sure as sh!te have a beef. (thumbs u

We here on the boards frequently expose and vilify the 'scammers' and unsavoury characters in our hobby.

Danny Dupcak for selling goods that are not as advertised.

Harold for fraudulently taking $4,000 from Phil Bellmore for a Batman #1 that never arrived.

Dad&Son for running off with another man's wife.

Doug Schmell for putting together his 'awesome' collection with funds misappropriated from his clients.

Matt Nelson for not proactively disclosing the manipulation his books undergo before he sells them.

Too many eBay sellers to begin to count for small scans/high shipping/poor grading.

The list goes on...big or small, we see a problem and we expose it for the good of the community. That's how it works around here...we inform our fellow collectors of potential problems.

And why Russ should be exempt from this, I have no idea. Surely keeping customers' money for many, many months and refusing to communicate, other than to decline to refund, is deserving of our concern?

You got your 100 bags and backing boards? Great. Excellent. Superb. (thumbs u

But many people haven't, and the problem is, this is not the first time it's all gone tits-up with this particular individual.

Nor the second.

Or even the third.

Russ is what you would call a serial offender and is therefore deserving of being dragged into the spotlight. Our friend found satisfaction, but only after posting the damning evidence (this was not speculation, but a well-documented description of events) to a public forum. He suffered seven months of being ignored and the only reason his issues were resolved was because he called Russ on it publically (this is speculation, but I don't believe in coincidences on this massive a scale).

Now, whether he gets his refund or not is, to my mind, of little relevance. What is relevant is hard evidence as to how CS go about doing business. Stuff like this should not be brushed under the carpet because some of Russ' customers are happy...or more accurately, are now happy.

No, I have no personal beef with Russ, but he needs to either sh!te or get off the pot. Run the business properly, or don't run it at all.

:o :o :o

(worship) (worship) (worship) (worship)

Russ,

In an attemp to gain an understanding about some of the shipping delays can you please clear this up.

Are the delays caused by:

1. Gerber not having the stock on hand.

2. Comic Supply not placing an order until you meet a certain QTY's/Dollar value.

3. You Only order from Gerber a specific amount of times per year.

4. Other (Please explain)

The reason that I ask is that it would appear that Gerber has most items most of the time & although they do have lower volume items eg: the large folio Mylite2's compared with say current size Mylars they hold a very decent stock holding of almost every item.

I understand that you are a distributor for Gerber supplies but it appears that Comic supply has its fair share of trouble sourcing supplies from them.

A greater knowledge of the above would help me understand / appreciate why delays may occur when ordering supplies from Comic supply Vs other Mylite2's suppliers.

Thanks for your time.

Russ...

CS is a complete joke. I would NEVER spend money with them.

:whatev:

toiletnews.gif

poop-freeze.jpg

They look like little powdered donut bites. :cool:

Actually, I don't think that's what happened, or at least I don't think the disciplinary proceeding reached that conclusion.

All I can say is that I'm happy I didn't put an order in for these mylars when the "deal" was posted. I was ready too put in a big order and mylar up all my decent books and decided to hold off. Having that money out of pocket with no bags 'n boards would be driving me nuts.

You are correct. It was a complete and total coincidence that schmell was buying a great collection at the same time he was illictly borrowing funds that didn't belong to him.Anyone who thinks the two are somehow connected is simply jealous, and has negative thoughts.

Since you bring up the disciplinary proceeding,were they even aware of this collection?

I've never seen anyone use a disbarment as an act of vindication before.