• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sigh... Anyone order from Comicsupply recently?

359 posts in this topic

I do believe this weeks excuse is "the dog ran away with the key to the stock room around his neck and the whole family is too busy making lost dog posters and placing them around town to answer emails" :popcorn:

:jokealert:

No, actually, he explained it very clearly on the thread last summer, he doesn't believe in answering emails, or phone calls, because the customer already knows the answer.

That's why I switched to Hotflips, they realize that I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed and when I write or call, I really DON'T know the answer;) so they do answer.

I do believe this weeks excuse is "the dog ran away with the key to the stock room around his neck and the whole family is too busy making lost dog posters and placing them around town to answer emails" :popcorn:

No, actually, he explained it very clearly on the thread last summer, he doesn't believe in answering emails, or phone calls, because the customer already knows the answer.

That's why I switched to Hotflips [....] they do answer.

(thumbs u

Heard back from CS. Apparently an item was out of stock. Instead of contacting me weeks ago to let me know it was out of stock (since their website didn't indicate it needed to be ordered), they have just been waiting for it to come in.

So again, I guess this goes back to lack of communication with the customer. Had I known two weeks ago that it was out of stock, I would have just removed it and got the rest of my order. Now that I've waited two weeks, I might as well wait a bit longer and get the entire order...

I've had a few run ins with Russ over the years, but overall I liked him and his website, I though prices were fair and his grading was consistently good and he had a lot of midgrade books at prices I could live with and was always willing to deal.

But I've also had my fair share of frustration dealing with CS and I think a lot of problems could have been avoided if he would just adjust his website to read "out of stock" when he doesn't have an item ready to ship. His method is to have have everything read "in stock" and then to order the item when a customer orders it from his website. Trouble is that a lot of the times the order from the manufacturer of wholesaler doesn't arrive in a timely manner and Russ has to stall the customer until he gets the item to sell on.

Very frustrating if you order 15 different items and one item is out of stock and you end up waiting months for everything.

Heard back from CS. Apparently an item was out of stock. Instead of contacting me weeks ago to let me know it was out of stock (since their website didn't indicate it needed to be ordered), they have just been waiting for it to come in.

So again, I guess this goes back to lack of communication with the customer. Had I known two weeks ago that it was out of stock, I would have just removed it and got the rest of my order. Now that I've waited two weeks, I might as well wait a bit longer and get the entire order...

I've had a few run ins with Russ over the years, but overall I liked him and his website, I though prices were fair and his grading was consistently good and he had a lot of midgrade books at prices I could live with and was always willing to deal.

But I've also had my fair share of frustration dealing with CS and I think a lot of problems could have been avoided if he would just adjust his website to read "out of stock" when he doesn't have an item ready to ship. His method is to have have everything read "in stock" and then to order the item when a customer orders it from his website. Trouble is that a lot of the times the order from the manufacturer of wholesaler doesn't arrive in a timely manner and Russ has to stall the customer until he gets the item to sell on.

Very frustrating if you order 15 different items and one item is out of stock and you end up waiting months for everything.

Impatient foreigners! :makepoint:

Read through all your Peanuts tomes yet?

He's too busy sucking eggs.

Peanuts :cloud9:

He's too busy sucking eggs.

Only amateurs suck them, pro's nibble

Customer Service slogan: We're not happy until you're not happy.

I like that a lot. hm

And then there's my business slogan:

"If you don't like my work then maybe you should hire a professional."

That's why I switched to Hotflips, they realize that I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed and when I write or call, I really DON'T know the answer;) so they do answer.

Believe me Sharon, you are more knowlegable than a lot of people out there and you are always a pleasure to talk to. :foryou:

I like that a lot. hm

I have been perusing your resume, Mr. Rempel.

I like that a lot. hm

Is he a Professional Fister? :shrug:

I like that a lot. hm

"Amateurs are better than professionals. They have more soul."

I like that a lot. hm

"Amateurs are better than professionals. They have more soul."

OK, so he is a Amateur Fister ? :shrug:

I like that a lot. hm

"If you don't like my work then maybe you should go fist yourself."

Fixed that for ya (thumbs u

I found this thread googling about clients' experiences with ComicSupply.

I placed an order with ComicSupply for $260 on 10/29/2007 (Mylites) and have been waiting ever since (That's over 7 months now). Contacted the seller through mail and phone and very rarely get a reply.

He claims the items ordered are not in stock and doesn't want to refund the money.

Buyers beware!