• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sigh... Anyone order from Comicsupply recently?

359 posts in this topic

All due respect, Doctor Watson, but a commercial website that doesn't encrypt your credit card details when you're checking out will never get a dime from me. Seriously, that's e-commerce 101 (tsk)

All due respect, Doctor Watson, but a commercial website that doesn't encrypt your credit card details when you're checking out will never get a dime from me. Seriously, that's e-commerce 101 (tsk)
:gossip: Paypal. And they've always been faster than I expected. Never 1 problem.

Skyrocketing prices are what have been keeping me away from Comic Supply lately.

Microchamber paper used to be $12.99, now it is $19.99 for 100 sheets. Conservation Resources sells 8.5x14 sheets (I think the CS sheets are basically this size, but cut in half, so 7x8.5) for $24.50 for 250 sheets, which once cut, would be $24.50 for 500 comic-sized sheets.

Needed a couple of short box drawers, $9.99 each at CS, $5.50 each at BCW. CS used to always be the cheapest price on Mylars, but I placed my last Mylar order directly with E Gerber because it was in total about $10 cheaper than CS.

My BCW order arrived in 4 days and my E Gerber order only took 7. If CS isn't able to match these kind of turnaround times, then slowness + higher prices will really bite into their business.

The size on the paper is just less than 7" across and 10" tall and I believe your talking about the bond paper (thicker stock) because cost on 100 sheets cut and packaged is just under $13. We are still cheaper on the mylars if your buying bulk rates. Single pieces no, we are not.

My time around times are fine on the majority of products. A handful of items are out of stock right now and are coming back in stock shortly. As I have stated before, ordering a case or two of mylite2's, is a lot different than ordering 2000-3000 pounds of product every month. We are the ONLY online shop other than direct that carries a full line of their products. Anyone else who doesn't simply just doesn't want to carry the full line because it costs too much to stock everything.

In as far as those boxes, you are correct. I don't want to sell them which is why they are priced at that price. They are too hard to pack, and shipping boxes for them are too expensive. If you want to spend $10 each, sure I will sell it, otherwise it's just too hard to pack/sell.

I ask this on board, as I know many people have ordered from Comicsupply. I placed an order on 5/1, nothing major a case 10 packs of resealable bags, a case of 10 packs of boards, and some comics. Status never changed online, so I started calling and leaving messages once a day, about 5 days ago.

I never get a person, or a call back, and status still shows as pending (not shipped). I did say in my last email yesterday or day before I would mention this lapse on the CGC boards, hoping it would provoke some kind of response, an email, an update on the order, a call, something.

Someone else have same experience recently with Comicsupply? I am not happy and just do not understand this. I would feel better if I knew everyone else was being similarly ignored by them maybe, lol.

Deja vu.

I thought of Yogi Berra when I saw this...You could have cut and pasted this thread from the one last year...only last year, the wait was longer.

I've had nothing but good experiences with Hotflips, they are nice, efficient, value customers, shipping is quick, prices are very fair, I find my phone calls returned, my emails answered in a friendly fashion, even when Jeff had back surgery, I got a response when I needed one. If he couldn't answer, Charles took over and helped out.

In addition, I hear their Mom, is a heck of a cook;) (please tell her I said :hi: !)

Wow ... you guys are brutual. I've been using Comicsupply's preorder service for almost a year now, and has never had any problems - the books have always arrived in a timely manner, well-packaged, and in the condition stated on the website. The one time where I did have an issue - a couple of books were missing from my order - a quick PM to Russ ensured that replacements were sent out with my next shipment.

On top of that, I've spent more than $1000 on mylites2, half-backs, full-backs, and archives with them over the years, and have always received fast, courteous service on those orders as well.

Perhaps I've just been lucky - who knows - but my personal experience is that Russ is a stand-up guy who's willing to go the extra mile. So, imho, I think he deserves some slack when it's obvious that he's dealing with some sort of family emergency - similar to what would be extended to any other seller on these boards.

I'm sure that Hotflips are nice enough, but it seems like they have a smaller selection of Gerber stuff than ComicSupply, and their website doesn't exactly inspire confidence in regards to the safe & secure processing of one's order (shrug)

What the f :censored: k are you talking about? :screwy:

I ask this on board, as I know many people have ordered from Comicsupply. I placed an order on 5/1, nothing major a case 10 packs of resealable bags, a case of 10 packs of boards, and some comics. Status never changed online, so I started calling and leaving messages once a day, about 5 days ago.

I never get a person, or a call back, and status still shows as pending (not shipped). I did say in my last email yesterday or day before I would mention this lapse on the CGC boards, hoping it would provoke some kind of response, an email, an update on the order, a call, something.

Someone else have same experience recently with Comicsupply? I am not happy and just do not understand this. I would feel better if I knew everyone else was being similarly ignored by them maybe, lol.

Deja vu.

I thought of Yogi Berra when I saw this...You could have cut and pasted this thread from the one last year...only last year, the wait was longer.

I've had nothing but good experiences with Hotflips, they are nice, efficient, value customers, shipping is quick, prices are very fair, I find my phone calls returned, my emails answered in a friendly fashion, even when Jeff had back surgery, I got a response when I needed one. If he couldn't answer, Charles took over and helped out.

In addition, I hear their Mom, is a heck of a cook;) (please tell her I said :hi: !)

Wow ... you guys are brutual. I've been using Comicsupply's preorder service for almost a year now, and has never had any problems - the books have always arrived in a timely manner, well-packaged, and in the condition stated on the website. The one time where I did have an issue - a couple of books were missing from my order - a quick PM to Russ ensured that replacements were sent out with my next shipment.

On top of that, I've spent more than $1000 on mylites2, half-backs, full-backs, and archives with them over the years, and have always received fast, courteous service on those orders as well.

Perhaps I've just been lucky - who knows - but my personal experience is that Russ is a stand-up guy who's willing to go the extra mile. So, imho, I think he deserves some slack when it's obvious that he's dealing with some sort of family emergency - similar to what would be extended to any other seller on these boards.

I'm sure that Hotflips are nice enough, but it seems like they have a smaller selection of Gerber stuff than ComicSupply, and their website doesn't exactly inspire confidence in regards to the safe & secure processing of one's order (shrug)

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Skyrocketing prices are what have been keeping me away from Comic Supply lately.

Microchamber paper used to be $12.99, now it is $19.99 for 100 sheets. Conservation Resources sells 8.5x14 sheets (I think the CS sheets are basically this size, but cut in half, so 7x8.5) for $24.50 for 250 sheets, which once cut, would be $24.50 for 500 comic-sized sheets.

Needed a couple of short box drawers, $9.99 each at CS, $5.50 each at BCW. CS used to always be the cheapest price on Mylars, but I placed my last Mylar order directly with E Gerber because it was in total about $10 cheaper than CS.

My BCW order arrived in 4 days and my E Gerber order only took 7. If CS isn't able to match these kind of turnaround times, then slowness + higher prices will really bite into their business.

The size on the paper is just less than 7" across and 10" tall and I believe your talking about the bond paper (thicker stock) because cost on 100 sheets cut and packaged is just under $13. We are still cheaper on the mylars if your buying bulk rates. Single pieces no, we are not.

My time around times are fine on the majority of products. A handful of items are out of stock right now and are coming back in stock shortly. As I have stated before, ordering a case or two of mylite2's, is a lot different than ordering 2000-3000 pounds of product every month. We are the ONLY online shop other than direct that carries a full line of their products. Anyone else who doesn't simply just doesn't want to carry the full line because it costs too much to stock everything.

In as far as those boxes, you are correct. I don't want to sell them which is why they are priced at that price. They are too hard to pack, and shipping boxes for them are too expensive. If you want to spend $10 each, sure I will sell it, otherwise it's just too hard to pack/sell.

Your MC paper is 6.4" x 10". I just measured a few days ago to place a bulk order for a custom cut the same size and it worked out to roughly $8.50 per 100 sheets. I guess you are getting jacked on the price at $13.00. Which mine aren't individually packed per 100, but you are still getting jacked if you are paying $4.50 per 100 to sort and shrink wrap.

I agree you have the broadest selection of E. Gerber in stock, but if you need a 100 of 5 different sizes/types and 200 of a couple of others, then your prices are a bit steep.

I will always buy where it is the cheapest, and for my first 5 or 6 mylar purchases, that was Comic Supply. But my last two supply orders were from elsewhere, because they were cheaper. One order was only cheaper because of shipping. Prices were almost the same (I think you were actually a few dollars cheaper, but your shipping was going to be about $26 and theirs was $16.

My one suggestion to improve your Mylar section on your site it to broaden your combo offerings. Like for 100 combos, you get bags and boards, but then for 200 combos, it is bags only or boards only. And hey, I use half backs and that isn't even an option for 200 combos. Your combos just sort of seem random. It would be nice if you just had a bulk calculator were I could say I want 200 of these, 500 of these, a 100 of these and it spits out a better bulk price, vs. needing to get a quan 1 on 100 half backs, then 100 combo of mylars and halfbacks, and then 2 200 combos to try to round out the order in the most cost effective manner...

Or something like BCW where this is the price for 1, this is the price each for 5 this is the price for 10, etc....

Deja vu.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

I wasn't going to chime in on this thread but the whole "We are the ONLY online shop other than direct that carries a full line of their products" mantra from ComicSupply does really irk me.

Having icons on your website with false declarations as to stock/availability does not constitute carrying the full line. I don't care what language you used in communication with the supplier when you became a seller to justify that.

ComicSupplier TAKES your money immediately then orders most stuff, including stuff people use alot THEN orders, where as Hotflips takes your money and delivers IMMEDIATELY

IN MY EXPERIENCE.

But I do understand that results may vary.

'nuff said. 2c

That you (not you personally, seeing that I don't know who the f :censored: k you are) would be a top-grade insufficiently_thoughtful_person to place an online order on any website that doesn't encrypt your credit card details as you check out. Unless, of course, you're the kind of person that enjoys having your bank account details sold to the highest bidder in Romania.

That you (not you personally, seeing that I don't know who the f :censored: k you are) would be a top-grade insufficiently_thoughtful_person to place an online order on any website that doesn't encrypt your credit card details as you check out. Unless, of course, you're the kind of person that enjoys having your bank account details sold to the highest bidder in Romania.

YOU ARE OFFICIALLY OFF THE RESERVATION!! :screwy:

nativeamericans.jpg

That you, who has had apparently one transaction with Comicsupply to assume, everyone chooses the worse method of payment, when dealing with Hotflips, which their financial services supplier chooses as a package makes me think you're a shill for ComicSupply or just a naive individual. (shrug)

At least I have tried both and can declare one, objectively , better than the other, since you haven't even tried Hotflips in your comparison.

Not going to get too into it but I had some issues to deal with and even though it may seem cyclical when you own your own business you have nobody else to really deal with the business when things happen. Now, I understand that many people may suggest otherwise, but unless you really do it and live through it, there is no way to see how hard it really is.

A lot of you guys probably work for other people so when you leave they may have someone to fill in for you. This is a family business with a small amount of employees and when the brown stuff hits the fan, it gets all over us. Each day that passes just doesn't help. When we used to get 2-3 orders a day it was easy to keep up, today we get roughly 5-10x that amount and it is much harder when I have to be out of the office.

There just weren't enough hours in the day to deal with everything that I had to deal with. And yes, it has happened a few times over the last few years, much more than I think a normal person can bear.

Thing's are back on track and I apologize to the few people who were waiting here. I thank you for you patience, and if your patience is thin or absent, please contact me and I will make sure you get your money back.

I have read this thread two times now. Yo if you are allowing customers to place orders and you don't ship their items for one or two months it poses some serious problems. No matter what you say, there isn't a valid excuse that can justify this. From a moral standpoint this is just completely wrong. It is called DECEIT. There wasn't a warning to anyone about it taking this long to ship and when it boils right down to it, for the while, you just took their hard earned money and ran. I'm glad I haven't bought anything because if I was in their shoes I would not only be p :censored:d off, but I would also take action.

I don't even know what you are talking about. The special order items such as odd ball sizes or thicknesses we don't carry but have access to them. While we don't specifically "carry" a full line, we at least have it listed.

And yes, if all I carried was MYLITE2's, the most popular size I would always have them. What I am saying is that the 2 sites in question are entirely different. If you carry all the line, then yes, sometimes items are going to be unavailable. The issues people were having weren't even with Mylars, it was with boxes and boards, And it wasn't even because of that, it was because of a personal issue.

You guys want to put me on the probation list or whatever fine, just fine with me. But remember that your also the same people who start up charity threads when someone needs it. Just because I run a business it doesn't mean that things that affect someone smaller don't affect me the same. I count maybe 3 or 4 people in this thread that have had order issues which have been dealt with or are being dealt with. And they were dealt with because the things I had to deal with where dealt with.

And Carolina, I didn't run anywhere. Sure, things might of been slowed down because of this but I am not running a business that is "running" anywhere with anyones money.

You can call me slow, or whatever but don't call me a F**King thief because I am not one.

My local comic guy is always busy with his online video game. I feel like I am bothering him when I go in there and try to buy something.

He really gets bent when the phone is ringing, he has a customer trying to buy some books, and his elf fairie princess is being chased by dogs in his game.

I would NEVER buy a piece of free air from him ever again!

for shame to treat a Customer like that!!!

I am so mad about reading this I want to call the Owner...

CAL :sumo:

I hope to hear something soon on my order from last month.

Hope everything is working out on the personal side, Russ. :foryou: Although, this is your business here, you must remember, there is nothing more important than family. My thoughts are with you.

Andy

Mschmidt,

Thank you for pointing that out to me. Apparently when the website guy we have switched servers or whatever, not everything was transferred over. The problem is being fixed and your little lock to encrypt the checkout page will be there in a couple of days. Thank you so much for pointing that out. We encourage customer feedback. For anyone that needs to place an order you can do one of two things for now. A) Send me a PM and pay via paypal or B) Call us toll-free at 800-922-FLIP(3547) and we can take your credit card over the phone. Operators are standing by!!

Jeff

I ordered my stuff from Comicsupply awhile ago and still nothing. I thought at first not a big deal, but after seeing so many people with issuses and the no response people get, Im moving to have paypal get my money back. Any suggestions for other resources to get mylar bags and boards at a decent price??

I ordered my stuff from Comicsupply awhile ago and still nothing. I thought at first not a big deal, but after seeing so many people with issuses and the no response people get, Im moving to have paypal get my money back. Any suggestions for other resources to get mylar bags and boards at a decent price??

One would think that after a dedicated thread and some 300 posts, that perhaps some of you would get the idea??? :makepoint:

Filing a claim with PayPal is useless. Hopefully you put it on a credit card. If so just call them up and report a fraudulent charge.