• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sigh... Anyone order from Comicsupply recently?

359 posts in this topic

Does Carolina Comics know something that we don't?

I haven't seen one iota of evidence that Russ is guilty of anything but poor cust. service.

If Carolina Comics knows something different,I'd like to hear it. If not,he should apologise and learn not to run his mouth on things he is clueless about.

hm

Curious if he has dealt with CS in the past

Not trying to pick sides but,

Being self-employed is extremely tough yet rewarding. You constantly have to bend over backwards to keep your customers satisfied, and that alone is the hardest part. Things happen in life, some are unavoidable, some are critical and some are just family oriented, whether kids are sick, some family member got injured or what have you.

People that work for others, can call in sick, take off due to an ememrgency and not look back, because another employee has you covered. Being self employed, you no longer have that luxury. I can go on and on but I think you get my meaning.

Its easy to critisize or give someone advice, but unless you are in their shoes, and dealing with all the pros and cons in being self employed, and running a business, just be nice about it damn it and not try to be a about it :sumo:

Should always have one outside person to cover in case of an emergency. If something happens in my business, we move on. If either my father or I were seriously injured, we have people who we can have come and work until it straightens out. You have to have a plan B. You cant always rely on things to work out.

I agree... do this. Get 1-2 million dollars in inventory, then find someone to watch it while your gone. Just because everyone knows about comics on here, it doesn't mean that someone out there is just waiting for a job.

Truth of the matter is if I let someone else do this, it probably won't be done right. Things would be missing, money would be lost.

I used to work for Manley Performance Products, which had 8 people working in packing and shipping at all times, good security system in the warehouse, and the people who worked there were perfectly happy just packing and shipping. As far as money goes, well if you have someone working for you who ISNT a POS it shouldnt be a problem. But I agree with that people will steal. I also find most places that have people robbing them dont pay worth a mess. I am not telling you HOW to run a business, I am giving you my OPINION on things that may help you next time. So instead of pointing out the POSSIBILITY of what can or may go wrong, why not pick through what I said and see if any of it can apply to help you run a smoother business. Personally after being in my field for 17 years, and my father was there for 8 before me. Neither of us are above good advice. Good luck, as you do provide a service. But work on your customer service skills, everyone here has a life too. So instead of blasting people for this and that and saying how you are having personal issues, just make the damned deals right apologize and save some face. Because to me you are coming off as a real jerk.

Not trying to be a jerk. Just stating that it's a lot harder than it looks and its very easy to be a back seat driver.

Your comments are welcome, but again, this isn't a overall customer service issue. It was an isolated incident that irks me because most people would just say, ohh sorry to hear, and let it go. But then, there will always be someone to come and say, "But you could this, or you could that"

Hey, im just trying to give you an out of the box view. Being someone who never heard of your business to come here and read this would make people not want to deal with you. If you have issues, just apologize and make good. If someone pisses you off ignore them, some dudes callin you a fraud, mess happens. Im just trying to give you some hints on coming off nicer and possibly make your business run smoother. If you have family working with you because its cheaper, cut the loss and get someone who is qualified. And at this point our country has TONS of people looking for some kind of career oppurtunity. Get someone who wants to do the computer stuff, or packing. Just give them some kind of incentive. And backseat driver, im drivin the bus over here. Im tellin you to grab the wheel and steer straight you might crash and burn if you dont. I do run a business, now I am also still forming a side business with comics. I dont want to be worldwide,have e-bay sales, have a store, or do mail order. I sell at shows, do some stuff here on the boards. But I am generally known for being one of the nicest people you are likely to meet, but im honest.. BRUTALLY HONEST.

Yeah, isn't that the way it works though Nik.

And isn't it also funny that some of the people in this post with low post counts haven't PM'd me about their so called "late orders"

And to Carolina,

Firstly embezzling would indicate that I am "to appropriate fraudulently to one's own use, as money or property entrusted to one's care"

You have NO PROOF to back up any of the bile your spewing so do me a favor, pipe down and stfu because your mouth is writing check's your hole can't cash. Calling me, and my business a theiving enterprise, and calling me an embezzler is libel.

There are maybe 5 to 10 orders all together that are affected by a stock shortage and what not. The rest of the slowdowns are all related to my personal issues which are cleared up now.

Your calling me a thief again, with no proof at all. As I have stated, this might be a slow showing, but I believe I have explained it. Nobody has EVER came on here and said in the end that I stole their money and nobody ever will because I am not a thief.

Tell you what, you want to get off you moral horse and give me advice that is fine. Prove to me that you even have a shread of empirical knowledge about what your talking about and I will listen. Karma's a biatch "bro" so just keep that in mind the next time something bad happens to you.

LMFAO :roflmao:

So do you have any proof there,Carolina,or are you simply blowing gas out of your oversized posterior again?

One needs only look at your 96 percent feedback on ebay and the comments on your overcharging for shipping(five times the actual costs???) to see how you run your business.

And isn't it also funny that some of the people in this post with low post counts haven't PM'd me about their so called "late orders"

And to Carolina,

Firstly embezzling would indicate that I am "to appropriate fraudulently to one's own use, as money or property entrusted to one's care"

You have NO PROOF to back up any of the bile your spewing so do me a favor, pipe down and stfu because your mouth is writing check's your hole can't cash. Calling me, and my business a theiving enterprise, and calling me an embezzler is libel.

There are maybe 5 to 10 orders all together that are affected by a stock shortage and what not. The rest of the slowdowns are all related to my personal issues which are cleared up now.

Your calling me a thief again, with no proof at all. As I have stated, this might be a slow showing, but I believe I have explained it. Nobody has EVER came on here and said in the end that I stole their money and nobody ever will because I am not a thief.

Tell you what, you want to get off you moral horse and give me advice that is fine. Prove to me that you even have a shread of empirical knowledge about what your talking about and I will listen. Karma's a biatch "bro" so just keep that in mind the next time something bad happens to you.

Andrew, you are being an arse again, please step back from both your hyperbole and libelous statements and rething things.

:foryou:

I enjoy using ComicSupply.com. I was a little disappointed I have had no change on a early May orders, but I have had no worries. I did have part of a order I needed quickly, so I cancelled with ComicSupplys and went with HotFlips, but I will use ComicSupply for all my TPB and Mail Order Comic orders always. Russ I hope everything is alright!

And to Carolina,

What are you basing your statements on?

He has no more complaints in this thread than you have in your eBay feedback in the last 6 months, so what makes you throw stones at the glass house?

(shrug)

So do you have any proof there,Carolina,or are you simply blowing gas out of your oversized posterior again?

One needs only look at your 96 percent feedback on ebay and the comments on your overcharging for shipping(five times the actual costs???) to see how you run your business.

Thanks my man for doing your research. (thumbs u (thumbs u . That's right 96% feedback, and you know what; I charge $20 to ship a CGC books to Canada and that's that. If can't read sucks for you. If you don't agree don't bid. I'll will take negs all day long on my eBay account, as there will be NO exceptions to shipping fees. Period end of discussion. Furthermore I am now notorious for canceling bids JUST because. One of the reasons for my disgust surrounding matters of this kind is partially due to ongoing shadiness that has crept into the hobby. It seems as though every time I am making a comic related purchase from someone online there is that chance that something could go wrong. Examples include false descriptions, withholding items, going out of business, so called "forgetting" and family "crisis", lack of disclosure, ect. People who have dealt with me in the past know that I blatant and openly honest. Everything I buy is a cash transaction, just like the purchase of my new H2. Sure I have made some mistakes, but there has always been communication and a willingness to take money out of my own pocket in efforts to restore order. If I was under the gun and unable to ship items I would have refunded the money in no more than a weeks time. IMO if someone "forgets" to ship an item or has other hills to climb and doesn't get back with the client until 2 months later, I would not only refund them but give them the merchandise for free. Peace.

-Thumper the grey rabbit :cloud9:

Bambi2-thmpr-distract.png

Thanks my man for doing your research. (thumbs u (thumbs u . That's right 96% feedback, and you know what; I charge $20 to ship a CGC books to Canada and that's that. If can't read sucks for you. If you don't agree don't bid. I'll will take negs all day on my eBay account, as there will be NO exceptions to shipping fees. Period end of discussion. Furthermore I am now notorious for canceling bids JUST because. One of the reasons for my disgust surrounding matters of this kind is partially due to ongoing shadiness that has crept into the hobby. It seems as though every time I am making a comic related purchase from someone online there is that chance that something could go wrong. Examples include false descriptions, withholding items, going out of business, so called "forgetting" and family "crisis", lack of disclosure, ect. People who have dealt with me in the past know that I blatant and openly honest. Everything I buy is a cash transaction, just like the purchase of my new H2. Sure I have made some mistakes, but there has always been communication and a willingness to take money out of my own pocket in efforts to restore order. If I was under the gun and unable to ship items I would have refunded the money in no more than a weeks time. IMO if someone "forgets" to ship an item or has other hills to climb and doesn't get back with the client until 2 months later, I would not only refund them but give them the merchandise for free. Peace.

-Thumper the grey rabbit :cloud9:

Bambi2-thmpr-distract.png

Thank you, Mother Theresa! :applause:

Your business model should be adopted by everyone. You really are a step above everyone else. Tell your parents they did well. :applause:

I just hope you never have a "family crisis" of a proportion that it makes you put everything on the back burner. I doubt you will, though, because you seem to be so perfect in every way.