• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sigh... Anyone order from Comicsupply recently?

359 posts in this topic

Not trying to pick sides but,

Being self-employed is extremely tough yet rewarding. You constantly have to bend over backwards to keep your customers satisfied, and that alone is the hardest part. Things happen in life, some are unavoidable, some are critical and some are just family oriented, whether kids are sick, some family member got injured or what have you.

People that work for others, can call in sick, take off due to an ememrgency and not look back, because another employee has you covered. Being self employed, you no longer have that luxury. I can go on and on but I think you get my meaning.

Its easy to critisize or give someone advice, but unless you are in their shoes, and dealing with all the pros and cons in being self employed, and running a business, just be nice about it damn it and not try to be a about it :sumo:

Being self-employed is extremely tough yet rewarding. You constantly have to bend over backwards to keep your customers satisfied, and that alone is the hardest part. Things happen in life, some are unavoidable, some are critical and some are just family oriented, whether kids are sick, some family member got injured or what have you.

People that work for others, can call in sick, take off due to an ememrgency and not look back, because another employee has you covered. Being self employed, you no longer have that luxury. I can go on and on but I think you get my meaning.

Its easy to critisize or give someone advice, but unless you are in their shoes, and dealing with all the pros and cons in being self employed, and running a business, just be nice about it damn it and not try to be a about it :sumo:

Should always have one outside person to cover in case of an emergency. If something happens in my business, we move on. If either my father or I were seriously injured, we have people who we can have come and work until it straightens out. You have to have a plan B. You cant always rely on things to work out.

Should always have one outside person to cover in case of an emergency. If something happens in my business, we move on. If either my father or I were seriously injured, we have people who we can have come and work until it straightens out. You have to have a plan B. You cant always rely on things to work out.

I agree... do this. Get 1-2 million dollars in inventory, then find someone to watch it while your gone. Just because everyone knows about comics on here, it doesn't mean that someone out there is just waiting for a job.

Truth of the matter is if I let someone else do this, it probably won't be done right. Things would be missing, money would be lost.

Every email I sent to you was via yahoo email.

I copy/pasted the email Kymberly sent me on 5/14 saying inventory out of stock. What purpose... am I allowing myself to get dragged in here. Not sure why you are disputing that copy/pasted email from Kymberly unless you are saying I changed this email?

Also, I was calling and emailing 1 time per day, every single day, from 5/5 to 5/13 with no response.

On 5/8 you responded to my 5/5 email with:

"Sounds good Glen,

Didn't get the message until right now (unsure why, as it seems you

sent it

a night ago)

Will get it shipped Friday. If for whatever reason this won't work, let

me

know asap (800-978-9696) and I will not ship it.

You of course never did ship, so 5 days later, with me calling and emailing every day from 5/8 to 5/13, I finally, and with huge amount of warning, posted on CGC board.

I responded to your emails within minutes. You responded on 5/8 (7 days after my initial order) with the above copy/paste saying you would ship. On 5/13 I posted on CGC boards. And on 5/14, I finally heard you were out of stock, per copy/pasted email I showed above.

Why doesn't everyone just drop it? You will either order from ComicSupply in the future or not. There isn't anything possibly left to discuss. If anyone feels that there is then take it up with the aggrieved party in private.

By the way, I have no issue. Just do not reference me in any way, and I would not have to keep responding back to correct your public postings regarding my experience here.

Glen, the big issue was I didn't want to ship if the show that you had would come before it would come. My point in all of it wasn't to dispute anything you said, but dispute the idea that I wasn't communicating with you at all.

I don't know why you would start a thread when I was returning emails, but that's your right to do so.

Needless to say, sorry again for the troubles, and I certainly understood and understand your positions.

Why doesn't everyone just drop it? You will either order from ComicSupply in the future or not. There isn't anything possibly left to discuss. If anyone feels that there is then take it up with the aggrieved party in private.

that's a great idea...

until next time.

:whistle:

I agree... do this. Get 1-2 million dollars in inventory, then find someone to watch it while your gone. Just because everyone knows about comics on here, it doesn't mean that someone out there is just waiting for a job.

Truth of the matter is if I let someone else do this, it probably won't be done right. Things would be missing, money would be lost.

I used to work for Manley Performance Products, which had 8 people working in packing and shipping at all times, good security system in the warehouse, and the people who worked there were perfectly happy just packing and shipping. As far as money goes, well if you have someone working for you who ISNT a POS it shouldnt be a problem. But I agree with that people will steal. I also find most places that have people robbing them dont pay worth a mess. I am not telling you HOW to run a business, I am giving you my OPINION on things that may help you next time. So instead of pointing out the POSSIBILITY of what can or may go wrong, why not pick through what I said and see if any of it can apply to help you run a smoother business. Personally after being in my field for 17 years, and my father was there for 8 before me. Neither of us are above good advice. Good luck, as you do provide a service. But work on your customer service skills, everyone here has a life too. So instead of blasting people for this and that and saying how you are having personal issues, just make the damned deals right apologize and save some face. Because to me you are coming off as a real jerk.

Does Carolina Comics know something that we don't?

I haven't seen one iota of evidence that Russ is guilty of anything but poor cust. service.

If Carolina Comics knows something different,I'd like to hear it. If not,he should apologise and learn not to run his mouth on things he is clueless about.

Amen, Nik.

We just spent two years in a community-service oriented side business, that was definitely not profit-making in any way, shape or form. We got grief from about 5% of the customer base that was really, really unbelievable......, and totally soured it for us...., and ultimately, for the 95% that were appreciative. I hope the 5% really appreciate what they have achieved -- and like someone else said, "Karma is a biatch".

I think there are some simple steps Comic Supply could have taken, if they were communication oriented, to prevent alot of this. First, if you do have a personal emergency and need to shut things down, put some text right on your main page (under this weeks comic's or something) that states due to an emergency, Comic Supply offices will be closed till XXX. Orders placed during this time will not be processed till we return... or something to that effect.

Then if someone wants to place an order, they know to expect a wait. Or if they need their stuff ASAP, they will know to go elsewhere. This would take all of 5 minutes to do... or you can have an emergency page already created and just switch it to your homepage, taking even less time.

Second, you could basically send the same as an e-mail to all customers with open orders (have it typed up prior to the emergency). Put a policy into place (sounds like you already have it informally) that allows a customer to cancel their order, no questions asked, if CS has to shutdown. Provide instructions in your e-mail on who/how to contact CS to do this. This will allow them to go ahead and order elsewhere, and not worry about some order tied up in limbo...

This gives current customers the option to cancel, or wait it out. It gives new customers the same option. It gives the customer a choice, which is all I think they really want when their order appears to be MIA, with no response from CS and no idea what is going on.

Just because CS finds themselves in a bad situation doesn't mean all their customers need to be dragged in too.

My 2 cents...

I used to work for Manley Performance Products, which had 8 people working in packing and shipping at all times, good security system in the warehouse, and the people who worked there were perfectly happy just packing and shipping. As far as money goes, well if you have someone working for you who ISNT a POS it shouldnt be a problem. But I agree with that people will steal. I also find most places that have people robbing them dont pay worth a mess. I am not telling you HOW to run a business, I am giving you my OPINION on things that may help you next time. So instead of pointing out the POSSIBILITY of what can or may go wrong, why not pick through what I said and see if any of it can apply to help you run a smoother business. Personally after being in my field for 17 years, and my father was there for 8 before me. Neither of us are above good advice. Good luck, as you do provide a service. But work on your customer service skills, everyone here has a life too. So instead of blasting people for this and that and saying how you are having personal issues, just make the damned deals right apologize and save some face. Because to me you are coming off as a real jerk.

Not trying to be a jerk. Just stating that it's a lot harder than it looks and its very easy to be a back seat driver.

Your comments are welcome, but again, this isn't a overall customer service issue. It was an isolated incident that irks me because most people would just say, ohh sorry to hear, and let it go. But then, there will always be someone to come and say, "But you could this, or you could that"

I think there are some simple steps Comic Supply could have taken, if they were communication oriented, to prevent alot of this. First, if you do have a personal emergency and need to shut things down, put some text right on your main page (under this weeks comic's or something) that states due to an emergency, Comic Supply offices will be closed till XXX. Orders placed during this time will not be processed till we return... or something to that effect.

Then if someone wants to place an order, they know to expect a wait. Or if they need their stuff ASAP, they will know to go elsewhere. This would take all of 5 minutes to do... or you can have an emergency page already created and just switch it to your homepage, taking even less time.

Second, you could basically send the same as an e-mail to all customers with open orders (have it typed up prior to the emergency). Put a policy into place (sounds like you already have it informally) that allows a customer to cancel their order, no questions asked, if CS has to shutdown. Provide instructions in your e-mail on who/how to contact CS to do this. This will allow them to go ahead and order elsewhere, and not worry about some order tied up in limbo...

This gives current customers the option to cancel, or wait it out. It gives new customers the same option. It gives the customer a choice, which is all I think they really want when their order appears to be MIA, with no response from CS and no idea what is going on.

Just because CS finds themselves in a bad situation doesn't mean all their customers need to be dragged in too.

My 2 cents...

I agree completely. I wasn't at a clear thinking place mentally during this so I just figured I could be superman and deal with everything. Sadly, i'm couldn't.

I haven't seen one iota of evidence that Russ is guilty of anything but poor cust. service.

If Carolina Comics knows something different,I'd like to hear it. If not,he should apologise and learn not to run his mouth on things he is clueless about.

CC does have a track record....,

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=31&Number=2012872&Searchpage=1&Main=110464&Words=CarolinaComix+&topic=0&Search=true#Post2012872

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=31&Number=1815192&Searchpage=1&Main=101992&Words=CarolinaComix+&topic=0&Search=true#Post1815192

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=31&Number=2012872&Searchpage=1&Main=110464&Words=CarolinaComix+&topic=0&Search=true#Post2012872

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=31&Number=1815192&Searchpage=1&Main=101992&Words=CarolinaComix+&topic=0&Search=true#Post1815192

Always happens right after school lets out for the semester.