• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sigh... Anyone order from Comicsupply recently?

359 posts in this topic

I just remembered what the problem with my first order was. If you guys paid by paypal,it may not have gone all the way through his system.

I paid for my order,and PP deducted the money from my account,yet because I didn't link back to his site from PP,the check-out didn't finish.After two weeks,my order still said awaiting payment,even though PP had deducted the money from my account. He insisted the problem was on PPs end.

Well I was sick of waiting with no update. I just tried what appears to be some generic site of discount supply shippers. TCbulk.com?

I waited 13 days with no kind of update on Comicsupply. Lets see how long this new site takes to process and ship what should be a simple order.

The thing that bugs me about the Comicsupply lapse, is that I have been emailing and calling once a day for past 5 days with no response. I had way more patience last time when I had my mylar order held up forever by them, but this time I am not going to be a sucker and sit quietly.

I had an issue before with ComicSupply, but it was just a backorder of one item that held up the shipment.

Russ, communicated very well with me and let me know what was going on. He must be away or something...

I think someone else mentioned it, but PM him.

I bought some books a while ago during a "sale", it took probably 3 weeks to ship. He answered my questions with, busy from the sale. Thats all I needed to know but not acceptable in my opinion. sorry.

I used Hotflips recently. Packed well, shipped within hours of me placing the order. Plus the co-owner I spoke to, Charles, is a very nice guy.

But they are located in Jersey (Joisey), and the UPS shipping was just waaay too high. I paid $50 shipping on 20 longboxes, which made the boxes come to $5 a pop. I could go around the corner and support my local LCS at that figure.

Actually I used Hotflips before, on a couple cases of silver bags plus some misc sportscard holders, and they also shipped crazy fast and packed well. Just a lil too far to make economic sense for me to buy heavy bulk items and then get killed on UPS.

I'm a loyal Hotflips fan myself.

I agree. Never ever had one single problem. Communication is the key. Without communication, apple butter turns to wildly_fanciful_statement quite quickly.

I agree. Never ever had one single problem. Communication is the key. Without communication, apple butter turns to wildly_fanciful_statement quite quickly.

Agreed

You, sir, have now ruined my taste for apple butter . . . I hope you're satisfied :mad:

:jokealert:

I used Hotflips recently. Packed well, shipped within hours of me placing the order. Plus the co-owner I spoke to, Charles, is a very nice guy.

But they are located in Jersey (Joisey), and the UPS shipping was just waaay too high. I paid $50 shipping on 20 longboxes, which made the boxes come to $5 a pop. I could go around the corner and support my local LCS at that figure.

Actually I used Hotflips before, on a couple cases of silver bags plus some misc sportscard holders, and they also shipped crazy fast and packed well. Just a lil too far to make economic sense for me to buy heavy bulk items and then get killed on UPS.

Absolutely nothing wrong with supporting your LCS. (thumbs u

Andy

I had an outstanding order (my April comics) with Comicsupply and e-mailed them about it after reading this thread. Had a reply today that they had a family issue to take care of, and hadn't been in the office much the last two weeks, but they are back now and supposedly moving things out. I would hope Russ will be along shortly and provide an explanation to everyone.

I order my monthly moderns from them and haven't had any issues until now.

My local comic guy is always busy with his online video game. I feel like I am bothering him when I go in there and try to buy something.

He really gets bent when the phone is ringing, he has a customer trying to buy some books, and his elf fairie princess is being chased by dogs in his game.

You, sir, have now ruined my taste for apple butter . . . I hope you're satisfied :mad:

:jokealert:

Thanks but ive never tasted apple butter :)