• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sigh... Anyone order from Comicsupply recently?

359 posts in this topic

Not going to get too into it but I had some issues to deal with and even though it may seem cyclical when you own your own business you have nobody else to really deal with the business when things happen. Now, I understand that many people may suggest otherwise, but unless you really do it and live through it, there is no way to see how hard it really is.

A lot of you guys probably work for other people so when you leave they may have someone to fill in for you. This is a family business with a small amount of employees and when the brown stuff hits the fan, it gets all over us. Each day that passes just doesn't help. When we used to get 2-3 orders a day it was easy to keep up, today we get roughly 5-10x that amount and it is much harder when I have to be out of the office.

There just weren't enough hours in the day to deal with everything that I had to deal with. And yes, it has happened a few times over the last few years, much more than I think a normal person can bear.

Thing's are back on track and I apologize to the few people who were waiting here. I thank you for you patience, and if your patience is thin or absent, please contact me and I will make sure you get your money back.

Here's a clue Russ, HIRE MORE PEOPLE!

If business calls for it - hire more. Trust me the money will be well spent

from all the customers you could possibly lose.

There is no excuse for no communication in the customers eyes and that goes for

ANY business.

Giving great deals is a always awesome, BUT if you can't deliver in a timely manner

especially without contacting people with a simple e-mail - it negates ANY deal given.

That business 101 for about just anything you can make a profit on.

I eat crow every day to maintain business relationships and so do 99% of people that

have just about any job.

You are a service company. You supply people with what they need, so in general you are

a service provider. With that in mind, anyone in there service industry will tell you that

communication is HUGE, and I mean HUGE part of the service industry.

In all honesty, I think that you should be accountable on the basis that if they is one more

complaint thread posted here that you and your company name spend time in the

"probation thread"...

I mean heck, dead beat buyers are held accountable WHY NOT YOU!

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but hearing this "poor me" song and dance over

and over has become colossally boring...

:boo:

It unfortunately does sound like Russ has some personal/staff issues that rise from time to time but I completely agree with you comments 100%

Why should someone elses issues become mine.

I choose to buy product. Not reasons for why the goods that I have paid money for are being delayed etc.

Each to their own but to me the forum probation thread is a great indicator of less than favourable customer satisfaction or service levels provided.

No-one dealing with a fellow board member should be exempt from the probation thread, be they dealer or individual.

Its frustrating that these threads need to come up. Russ does a lot of good work offering sales to fellow board members but it does highlite the importance of customer service & communication.

Great constructive comments Nerf.

:makepoint:

Skyrocketing prices are what have been keeping me away from Comic Supply lately.

Microchamber paper used to be $12.99, now it is $19.99 for 100 sheets. Conservation Resources sells 8.5x14 sheets (I think the CS sheets are basically this size, but cut in half, so 7x8.5) for $24.50 for 250 sheets, which once cut, would be $24.50 for 500 comic-sized sheets.

Needed a couple of short box drawers, $9.99 each at CS, $5.50 each at BCW. CS used to always be the cheapest price on Mylars, but I placed my last Mylar order directly with E Gerber because it was in total about $10 cheaper than CS.

My BCW order arrived in 4 days and my E Gerber order only took 7. If CS isn't able to match these kind of turnaround times, then slowness + higher prices will really bite into their business.

In all honesty, I think that you should be accountable on the basis that if they is one more

complaint thread posted here that you and your company name spend time in the

"probation thread"...

I mean heck, dead beat buyers are held accountable WHY NOT YOU!

(worship) (worship) (worship)

I've both ordered and received product in 2-3 days time. Same excellent service from my perspective.

I simply added a note saying that if anything wasn't available that I wanted to strike it off and move on. :shrug: In my case he didn't have the eGerber CGC Mag boxes. It's not like it's a big secret that CS's stock supply has been a bit haphazard lately.

I've noticed pricing has gone up...but I've had to deal with eGerber before and trust me it wasn't a picnic either. I've had problems before, and Russ took care of me...as any good business professional would.

Maybe you guys should do less complaining and do more communicating. On both sides.

Russ, if you can't handle communication/orders, then either close it down or solve the problem...receiving orders and not shipping and not communicating is very bad business practice. That said, keep your chin up! Others: Empathize with Russ, resolve the problem to your satisfaction, and move on.

Well, I got my Mylite2's from Russ today, so I am here to say, no problems on my end. Just took him 3 days to ship out. but isn't to bad.

But others are correct, Russ should hire more people or something.

If I didn't live in Ohio i'd apply for a job there :baiting:

I have been doing mailorder since I was 15 years old (27 years), both for myself and working for others. I can easily do 10 orders (packing) in about 2 hours (thats 1 every 10 minutes folks, with a break). And thats not really being set up to do it either, thats on the side.

I do own my own store and I have 1 helper. My family doesn't help me. Plus I work at least 40 hours a week for 'the man" and my wife works 60. I only pack things myself, no one else. If I was getting volume every day and I did it for a living, I would make sure I kept up with the shipping better.

I hate to agree with nerf but I agree.

My first order wasn't great and may be my only order.

I hate to be negative but I am thinking I am kissing my order/money goodbye. I have been giving Russ the benefit of the doubt. I sympathize with his personal challenges and issues and I am guessing my money was a donation to him because I have no faith that my order will be filled and shipped or I will get a refund.

I am really at a loss to understand the non-responsiveness. (shrug)

I have sent several e-mails and I was getting replies but still no shipment. Just basically be patient. Now I get no reply through e-mail or PM.

Russ, if you can't handle communication/orders, then either close it down or solve the problem...receiving orders and not shipping and not communicating is very bad business practice. That said, keep your chin up! Others: Empathize with Russ, resolve the problem to your satisfaction, and move on.

^^

Got my order today. (thumbs u

Isn't that worth starting another Selling Thread? :baiting:

Jealousy is a stinky cologne my friend. :baiting:

Send my books yet?

Send my books yet?

Yes, this afternoon. Let me know when they land after the apes working Canadian customs finish manhandling them.

Your next one could be titled:

"This comic starts with a different letter" :baiting:

Send my books yet?

Yes, this afternoon. Let me know when they land after the apes working Canadian customs finish manhandling them.

:(

Send my books yet?

Didja get mine?

I ask this on board, as I know many people have ordered from Comicsupply. I placed an order on 5/1, nothing major a case 10 packs of resealable bags, a case of 10 packs of boards, and some comics. Status never changed online, so I started calling and leaving messages once a day, about 5 days ago.

I never get a person, or a call back, and status still shows as pending (not shipped). I did say in my last email yesterday or day before I would mention this lapse on the CGC boards, hoping it would provoke some kind of response, an email, an update on the order, a call, something.

Someone else have same experience recently with Comicsupply? I am not happy and just do not understand this. I would feel better if I knew everyone else was being similarly ignored by them maybe, lol.

Deja vu.

I thought of Yogi Berra when I saw this...You could have cut and pasted this thread from the one last year...only last year, the wait was longer.

I've had nothing but good experiences with Hotflips, they are nice, efficient, value customers, shipping is quick, prices are very fair, I find my phone calls returned, my emails answered in a friendly fashion, even when Jeff had back surgery, I got a response when I needed one. If he couldn't answer, Charles took over and helped out.

In addition, I hear their Mom, is a heck of a cook;) (please tell her I said :hi: !)

Your next one could be titled:

"This comic starts with a different letter" :baiting:

Don't hate, celebrate.

Send my books yet?

Didja get mine?

No, today is a Canuck holiday so I haven't checked.

I ask this on board, as I know many people have ordered from Comicsupply. I placed an order on 5/1, nothing major a case 10 packs of resealable bags, a case of 10 packs of boards, and some comics. Status never changed online, so I started calling and leaving messages once a day, about 5 days ago.

I never get a person, or a call back, and status still shows as pending (not shipped). I did say in my last email yesterday or day before I would mention this lapse on the CGC boards, hoping it would provoke some kind of response, an email, an update on the order, a call, something.

Someone else have same experience recently with Comicsupply? I am not happy and just do not understand this. I would feel better if I knew everyone else was being similarly ignored by them maybe, lol.

Deja vu.

I thought of Yogi Berra when I saw this...You could have cut and pasted this thread from the one last year...only last year, the wait was longer.

I've had nothing but good experiences with Hotflips, they are nice, efficient, value customers, shipping is quick, prices are very fair, I find my phone calls returned, my emails answered in a friendly fashion, even when Jeff had back surgery, I got a response when I needed one. If he couldn't answer, Charles took over and helped out.

In addition, I hear their Mom, is a heck of a cook;) (please tell her I said :hi: !)

Wow ... you guys are brutual. I've been using Comicsupply's preorder service for almost a year now, and has never had any problems - the books have always arrived in a timely manner, well-packaged, and in the condition stated on the website. The one time where I did have an issue - a couple of books were missing from my order - a quick PM to Russ ensured that replacements were sent out with my next shipment.

On top of that, I've spent more than $1000 on mylites2, half-backs, full-backs, and archives with them over the years, and have always received fast, courteous service on those orders as well.

Perhaps I've just been lucky - who knows - but my personal experience is that Russ is a stand-up guy who's willing to go the extra mile. So, imho, I think he deserves some slack when it's obvious that he's dealing with some sort of family emergency - similar to what would be extended to any other seller on these boards.

I'm sure that Hotflips are nice enough, but it seems like they have a smaller selection of Gerber stuff than ComicSupply, and their website doesn't exactly inspire confidence in regards to the safe & secure processing of one's order (shrug)