• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sigh... Anyone order from Comicsupply recently?

359 posts in this topic

Geez, Hotflips is on the other end of the spectrum with the ship speed. If I lived in NE area of country I would definitely just stick with them. I may just order with HF anyway from now on, even with the high cross country shipping, because I hate this feeling like I am playing roulette every time I place an order.

nevermind they was shipped :P

They was, was they? ;)

Got this on the 12th

ComicSupply.com

------------------------------------------------------

Order Number: xbox 360

Detailed Invoice: http://www.comicsupply.com/account_history_info.php?order_id=

Date Ordered: Friday 09 May, 2008

The comments for your order are

Your order has been updated to the following status.

New status: Shipped

Please reply to this email if you have any questions.

My local comic guy is always busy with his online video game. I feel like I am bothering him when I go in there and try to buy something.

He really gets bent when the phone is ringing, he has a customer trying to buy some books, and his elf fairie princess is being chased by dogs in his game.

is this the guy that owns the place, or is it some clown making minimum wage?

It hard to believe an owner being this nutso.

Another thing that is hard to believe is that Russ not getting a clue and following through with

communication, This is about the third time I have seen a post like this and it's enough for me

to sadly forget him. I mean seriously, if he's horsed around members here just think

what he does with customers that he don't have to face on a board.

:P

I ordered from him last year but it was to the same effect as most of these posts are saying.

20 comics...charged immediately...took about a month to receive...multiple emails and phone calls unanswered until I left a vmail saying i'd chargeback...then an email saying he'd been 'on vacation' for a few weeks and was backed up.

From what I've seen in the 2 or 3 threads about this issue he is cyclical and always has a 'reason' for his tardiness.

Personally, I was not a satisfied customer despite eventually getting my books and won't send my money to him again or recommend anybody else to, either.

Comic boxes are expensive to ship, period.

Yup. More to do with the over-size package than with the weight, I think. Which gives me an idea --- why don't suppliers like Hotflips, comicsupply, etc, just ship bag and board orders in a short box?

I would love it if they packed my halfbacks, bags, MC paper, dividers, etc in a short box, wrapped it up in brown paper, and shipped that way. Saves them the cost of a regular cardboard shipping box, and gives the customer a "free" short box. hm

Comic boxes are expensive to ship, period.

Yup. More to do with the over-size package than with the weight, I think. Which gives me an idea --- why don't suppliers like Hotflips, comicsupply, etc, just ship bag and board orders in a short box?

I would love it if they packed my halfbacks, bags, MC paper, dividers, etc in a short box, wrapped it up in brown paper, and shipped that way. Saves them the cost of a regular cardboard shipping box, and gives the customer a "free" short box. hm

I have no problem doing that, i would love to give a free short box out to customers. The problem with UPS is A) the size of the package (which in GCStomp's case were long boxes) and B) the weight. The heavier it is the more it costs. We do not upcharge on the shipping, my hands are honestly tied when it comes to UPS. I wish there was more i can do. We are going to try a couple of things this year to help with the shipping. We just have to work out the details. By the way, we get an incentive with UPS that is passed on to you because we ship over $75,000 with UPS a year. But hey, they did give me a free computer. :golfclap:

Not going to get too into it but I had some issues to deal with and even though it may seem cyclical when you own your own business you have nobody else to really deal with the business when things happen. Now, I understand that many people may suggest otherwise, but unless you really do it and live through it, there is no way to see how hard it really is.

A lot of you guys probably work for other people so when you leave they may have someone to fill in for you. This is a family business with a small amount of employees and when the brown stuff hits the fan, it gets all over us. Each day that passes just doesn't help. When we used to get 2-3 orders a day it was easy to keep up, today we get roughly 5-10x that amount and it is much harder when I have to be out of the office.

There just weren't enough hours in the day to deal with everything that I had to deal with. And yes, it has happened a few times over the last few years, much more than I think a normal person can bear.

Thing's are back on track and I apologize to the few people who were waiting here. I thank you for you patience, and if your patience is thin or absent, please contact me and I will make sure you get your money back.

That was a backhanded statement. I sympathize with whatever personal problem is causing your business to suffer, but to accuse your customers of being thin skinned or impatient when all they were looking for was some form of communication is extremely short sighted on your part.

However, it really isn't any of my business how you run your business.

Not going to get too into it but I had some issues to deal with and even though it may seem cyclical when you own your own business you have nobody else to really deal with the business when things happen. Now, I understand that many people may suggest otherwise, but unless you really do it and live through it, there is no way to see how hard it really is.

A lot of you guys probably work for other people so when you leave they may have someone to fill in for you. This is a family business with a small amount of employees and when the brown stuff hits the fan, it gets all over us. Each day that passes just doesn't help. When we used to get 2-3 orders a day it was easy to keep up, today we get roughly 5-10x that amount and it is much harder when I have to be out of the office.

There just weren't enough hours in the day to deal with everything that I had to deal with. And yes, it has happened a few times over the last few years, much more than I think a normal person can bear.

Thing's are back on track and I apologize to the few people who were waiting here. I thank you for you patience, and if your patience is thin or absent, please contact me and I will make sure you get your money back.

I did message your company through your site several days ago after thinking that my March order (for an Overstreet PG and two CGC boxes) was stuck in some sort of computer error. But I haven't even gotten the courtesy of a reply. I wanted to cancel my order but if you can prod one of your employees into getting it out the door within the week, I don't feel a need to be any further annoyed by this. Some communication definitely would have been tastefully prudent in this situation.

Here's a clue Russ, HIRE MORE PEOPLE!

If business calls for it - hire more. Trust me the money will be well spent

from all the customers you could possibly lose.

There is no excuse for no communication in the customers eyes and that goes for

ANY business.

Giving great deals is a always awesome, BUT if you can't deliver in a timely manner

especially without contacting people with a simple e-mail - it negates ANY deal given.

That business 101 for about just anything you can make a profit on.

I eat crow every day to maintain business relationships and so do 99% of people that

have just about any job.

You are a service company. You supply people with what they need, so in general you are

a service provider. With that in mind, anyone in there service industry will tell you that

communication is HUGE, and I mean HUGE part of the service industry.

In all honesty, I think that you should be accountable on the basis that if there is one more

complaint thread posted here that you and your company name spend time in the

"probation thread"...

I mean heck, dead beat buyers are held accountable WHY NOT YOU!

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but hearing this "poor me" song and dance over

and over has become colossally boring...

:boo:

Here's a clue Russ, HIRE MORE PEOPLE!

If business calls for it - hire more. Trust me the money will be well spent

from all the customers you could possibly lose.

There is no excuse for no communication in the customers eyes and that goes for

ANY business.

Giving great deals is a always awesome, BUT if you can't deliver in a timely manner

especially without contacting people with a simple e-mail - it negates ANY deal given.

That business 101 for about just anything you can make a profit on.

I eat crow every day to maintain business relationships and so do 99% of people that

have just about any job.

You are a service company. You supply people with what they need, so in general you are

a service provider. With that in mind, anyone in there service industry will tell you that

communication is HUGE, and I mean HUGE part of the service industry.

In all honesty, I think that you should be accountable on the basis that if they is one more

complaint thread posted here that you and your company name spend time in the

"probation thread"...

I mean heck, dead beat buyers are held accountable WHY NOT YOU!

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but hearing this "poor me" song and dance over

and over has become colossally boring...

:boo:

It unfortunately does sound like Russ has some personal/staff issues that rise from time to time but I completely agree with you comments 100%

Why should someone elses issues become mine.

I choose to buy product. Not reasons for why the goods that I have paid money for are being delayed etc.

Each to their own but to me the forum probation thread is a great indicator of less than favourable customer satisfaction or service levels provided.

No-one dealing with a fellow board member should be exempt from the probation thread, be they dealer or individual.

Its frustrating that these threads need to come up. Russ does a lot of good work offering sales to fellow board members but it does highlite the importance of customer service & communication.

Great constructive comments Nerf.