• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Anyone watching Andromeda Strain?

21 posts in this topic

Yeah, we caught it in my camp... started out well, but the ending was a bit :screwy:? Maybe I just lost part of it, but it felt way too rushed at the end w/ too little additional explanation. meh In fact, my gal stepped out during a very important key reveal and felt a bit lost for the final 45min, or so. :mad:

It certainly had some similarities to the original film version, while adding a bit of it's own too. Still, I can't help but feel that the premice it puts out there went mostly unexplored? Some bigger names and good effects, so not too bad for a "TV Movie Event" I guess... :/

* I recently nabbed an original Paperback version of the novel (c.1969) in a 2 for $0.25 bin at my local Goodwill, so I'll look fwd to reading that instead! :D

Doing a pretty nice job with a remake. The original had a great impact, but this movie is comparable. Nice cast certainly helps pull this off.

Chainsaw self-decapitation earned it an extra half star.

Chainsaw self-decapitation earned it an extra half star.

That was a nice touch (thumbs u

It is easier to follow when you've seen the first movie and read the book. I'm enjoying it.

For some reason it's freaking me out tonight. I'm a bit of a paranoid hypochondriac and it's making me wash my hands a lot. :o

Good to see you posting again on here Vince. Welcome back! :foryou:

I've watched the first half and it's OK but can't compare to the original IMO. Any thoughts?

I haven't watched it yet but the reviews make it seem a pale comparison of the original.

I'll get it on the d/l and give it a chance but seeing as the original is a favorite of mine I will give it the benefit of the doubt seeing as its a Ridley Scott project.

They ran an extended Dark Knight trailer/scene during part 2...did anyone else catch it?

C

I've watched the first half and it's OK but can't compare to the original IMO. Any thoughts?

It was okay. They turned a great two hour movie into a pretty good 4 hour 'event'