• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bone Appreciation Thread
11 11

1,477 posts in this topic

Hey, Bone fans --

Can anyone explain why eBay BIN prices are so high for the Bone One Volume Edition with the "variant" cover?

Are you refering to this cover?

Bone1volume.jpg

This BIN is $169.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bone-One-Volume-rare-variant-cover-edition-Jeff-Smith-/270524844924?pt=US_Comics_Graphic_Novels&hash=item3efc898b7c

If so, it's NOT a variant. It's just an earlier version. I believe they changed the cover a couple times as they kept reprinting the series. Not sure what printing they are up to now, but that particular cover is "out of print" since it was one of the early covers used.

My copy is that cover, and mines a 2nd print. (I'm not sure if the 1st print is the same cover.)

Ok, just found the answer to the covers for different printings on Jeff Smith's site Boneville.com.

http://www.boneville.com/2009/09/18/bone-one-volume-edition-covers/

This cover was used for printings 1-7.

1st-7th.jpg

This cover was used for printings 8-12.

8th-12th.jpg

This cover was used for the 13th printing.

13th.jpg

It also says he might return to the 2nd cover with Fone Bone sitting on the rock for future printings.

:cloud9:

That's awesome Brian! The guy in front of me at Jeff's Baltimore table bought this set and opened it to be signed. I couldn't afford one Joe was nice enough to let me drool over his new set.

That may have been me....

Was it the the original art one or the print one?

Nice painting, chainball!

The full color version of the One Volume Bone book has been released. Per Jeff's website the first printing sold out at the distributors and there will be a second print. I believe Amazon still has copies on sale at $95 versus cover $150.

Edited by ComicDiva89

Some new additions to my slabbed Bone collection ...

bone-13-cgc-9.8-ss-copyb-f.jpg

bone-18-cgc-9.8-ss-copyb-f.jpg

bone-55-cgc-9.8-ss-copya-f.jpg

Jeff did this one for my daughter:

xmen1-jeff-smith-bone.jpg

This one I'm particularly happy about seeing that I now have CGC 9.8 SS copies all three covers for issue #38:

bone-38-cgc-9.8-ss-ar-f.jpg

bone-38-cgc-9.8-ss-fm-f.jpg

bone-38-cgc-9.8-ss-js-f.jpg