• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bone Appreciation Thread
11 11

1,467 posts in this topic

Don't have a scan of the back... going to see this one in person to purchase. Comments?

Bone11stprintlrg.jpg

Yeah ... buy it. I'm jealous. Of this and those King SS's ... gotta get one of those someday ...

Yeah I know what you mean. Jeff Smith is from Columbus (where I am located) and the seller of this comic is someone I went to high school with - which doesn't mean he wouldn't try to pull one off on me though lol Smith evidently signed this very soon after its release so I guess his sig could look a little different now than way back then.

Use the sig as a bargaining tool for a lower price. Use the term "Green label of Death." If the seller thinks the opposite pass. 2c

If the signature is important to you, (which I believe it may be from reading your posts in the Locke & Key thread) bear in mind Jeff's signature isn't that hard to get. He still goes to cons and will sign anything. He's one of the nicest creators in the biz. (thumbs u

While Bone #1 is rare (in terms of print run) it is frequently sold, so if you can't get a bargain price on this copy I'd wait.

That sig looks a little suspect, but i could be wrong.

It's his "old" signature - I have a couple of books that were signed by him in 94-95 with a sig that looks just like that ...

Thanks for verifying that - I figured that was the case. :)

Use the sig as a bargaining tool for a lower price. Use the term "Green label of Death." If the seller thinks the opposite pass. 2c

If the signature is important to you, (which I believe it may be from reading your posts in the Locke & Key thread) bear in mind Jeff's signature isn't that hard to get. He still goes to cons and will sign anything. He's one of the nicest creators in the biz. (thumbs u

While Bone #1 is rare (in terms of print run) it is frequently sold, so if you can't get a bargain price on this copy I'd wait.

I've stated that already (GLOD) to him, making him aware that most don't like the label... and that's without seeing that back black cover (which is probably worse than the front cover). I know Smith was just at Mid-Ohio Con this past month in Columbus (his home town)... and personally I would rather this NOT be signed cuz it will be a GLOD. Seller is asking $300 right now without me seeing... but if back cover isn't up to par, I'll bargain bid downwards.

$300 almost seems a little high for a GLOD ... even if it is a BONE 1 ... the scan suggests a 9.2 / 9.4 grade. I'd be curious if you actually do get on your final opinion on the book.

Matt

$300 almost seems a little high for a GLOD ... even if it is a BONE 1 ... the scan suggests a 9.2 / 9.4 grade. I'd be curious if you actually do get on your final opinion on the book.

Matt

I agree.... and that grade is without seeing the back black cover....

Matt

I'll respectfully disagree - there are a lot more people who collect raw copies of Bone #1 than slabbed ones, so having this book signed doesn't really carry the stigma it does with other books. I've cracked out mid-grade SS copies and sold them raw (with the CGC grade noted, of course) on eBay for more than what the SS copies go for :thumbsup:

Matt

I'll respectfully disagree - there are a lot more people who collect raw copies of Bone #1 than slabbed ones, so having this book signed doesn't really carry the stigma it does with other books. I've cracked out mid-grade SS copies and sold them raw (with the CGC grade noted, of course) on eBay for more than what the SS copies go for :thumbsup:

Fair enough - i guess my point only belongs to those that are insistent on having a blue or yellow label. BTW, just to disclose, i own Chew #1 and Dead @ 17 (1 - 4) all signed RAW; so my own feelings about GLOD are ambiguous.

Just went to see this comic and I purchased it. It is a beautiful copy. One spine crease on front only. Few fingerprints on back black copy, no imperfections (best way to try to remove that?) Perfect otherwise. It was obviously scanned in the bag because I couldn't have dreamed it be nicer. I was very pleased and even negotiated $40 off.

Going out and about or would give y'all some scans. :)