• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bone Appreciation Thread
11 11

1,467 posts in this topic

A copy of Thorn just sold on March 28 on ebay for $622.50 Shipped. Not my copy but thought others might be interested in the info.

The description read "This book is in what I would call fair condition. The cover has some wear in the corners, and has a few small creases. There is what appears to be a light coffee ring stain, and a small wear spot on the front cover. You should be able to see some of these things in the pictures below. Inside, the book is complete with nice clean pages, no tears or marks."

thorn1.jpgthorn2.jpg

I was able to snag a copy of the Complete Hardcover for $54 Shipped. Very pleased with it for that price. The copy was sealed when I received it but I opened it to put on the bookshelf. The reason it was so cheap was because the front cover was cut with a razor when the original shipping box was open. Doesn't matter to me though. It looks fantastic on the bookshelf. :D

bonehardcover.jpg

Bookplate #818 of 2000

bonehardcoverbookplate.jpg

A copy of Thorn just sold on March 28 on ebay for $622.50 Shipped. Not my copy but thought others might be interested in the info.

The description read "This book is in what I would call fair condition. The cover has some wear in the corners, and has a few small creases. There is what appears to be a light coffee ring stain, and a small wear spot on the front cover. You should be able to see some of these things in the pictures below. Inside, the book is complete with nice clean pages, no tears or marks."

thorn1.jpgthorn2.jpg

Wow! I missed that auction. That's a great price.

Here is the big news though. :news: That's "Ferdalance"'s copy and the one I was talking about earlier. You can tell from the white mark in the middle and now I can see the coffee stain too. So now Ferdalance knows the origin of his copy too.

I don't know if the seller he bought it from was the one who bought it from the Ohio State student or if it got fliped a few times. But it's definitely the one I remember.

I think the scan of it during the auction I saw made the stain look worse. To be honest I didn't notice it when I saw Ferdalance's post.

This also speaks to how rare they are. When we can tell it's not another one on the market but the same book being traded again.

thorn1.jpgthorn2.jpg

Wow! I missed that auction. That's a great price.

Here is the big news though. :news: That's "Ferdalance"'s copy and the one I was talking about earlier. You can tell from the white mark in the middle and now I can see the coffee stain too. So now Ferdalance knows the origin of his copy too.

I don't know if the seller he bought it from was the one who bought it from the Ohio State student or if it got fliped a few times. But it's definitely the one I remember.

I think the scan of it during the auction I saw made the stain look worse. To be honest I didn't notice it when I saw Ferdalance's post.

This also speaks to how rare they are. When we can tell it's not another one on the market but the same book being traded again.

Yep, thats my copy. I got it for a great price (thumbs u

Not a whole lot of Bone love going on these days :shrug:

Anyway ... just got these back from C2E2 and I'd thought I'd share ...

bone-10-cgc-9.8-ss-f-t.jpg bone-13-cgc-9.8-ss-f-t.jpg bone-13-wizard-red-cgc-9.6-ss-f-t.jpg bone-13-wizard-gold-cgc-9.8-ss-f-t.jpg

bone-17-cgc-9.8-ss-f-t.jpg bone-18-cgc-9.8-ss-copyb-f-t.jpg bone-36-cgc-9.8-ss-f-t.jpg bone-10th-anniversary-edition-cgc-9.8-ss-f-t.jpg

Incredible stack of Bone comics. Congrats.

My new keeper copy of Bone #1 just got back from CGC today - and it has the wrong CGC label :tonofbricks:

bone-1-cgc-9.6-f.jpg

in a hat!!! Hopefully, you'll be going to a convention soon to have them fix that so you don't have to mail it.

Congrats on the book though. And congrats on the sale too. I saw you sold an 8.5 SS on eBay.

Any new Bone pickup lately?

I've been going through the story here and there over the past year and a half. Started with the color trades then recieved the black and white compendium last christmas. Love the characters and story...I think that's why I'm taking my time with it.

That art is very cool...but where the heck did they get it from. Jeff Smith usually does not sell his art and the seller states: "THIS IS PART OF A HUGE COLLECTION OF PRINTS AND OLD COMICS EPHEMERA THAT WE FOUND IN OUR ATTIC. "

WTF?

That was exactly what I thought when I saw the piece listed so I contacted the seller about it asking how they acquired it. Their reply was "We acquired this piece of original art from Jeff Smith himself for an auction we were having a few years ago. We did not end up selling it at that time. The sketch comes with a letter from Jeff's website Cartoon Books stating what the sketch is."

Someone scored a sweet deal on this:

Bone Art

:devil: Have to come out with it now that it has been brought up. I was able to snag it and have been on :cloud9: ever since. Can't wait to have it in hand. :D

:applause:

Congrats on the purchase....

are you an art collector, Bone fan, or both?

Someone scored a sweet deal on this:

Bone Art

:devil: Have to come out with it now that it has been brought up. I was able to snag it and have been on :cloud9: ever since. Can't wait to have it in hand. :D

:applause:

Congrats on the purchase....

are you an art collector, Bone fan, or both?

Thanks. I would have to say that I am both. I really loved the story when I read it and immediately began looking for a piece of art. I then found out that Jeff never sells his art but I didn't give up the search. I just had to have a piece and I didn't really want one of his con sketches. Never thought I would own a finished piece. This piece was exactly what I had hoped for. I wanted a piece with Fone Bone and Thorn so am thrilled to get this piece. I still can't believe I actually won the auction. Was expecting it to go for much more then it did since it is a published piece. :D