• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,581 posts in this topic

God, we're reducing ourselves to slapstick.

Edit:  Or is it "shtick"?  Slapstick is physical comedy, like Charlie Chaplin, or the Three Stooges... 

Edited by 29dukedog
clarification

1 hour ago, 29dukedog said:

God, we're reducing ourselves to slapstick.

Edit:  Or is it "shtick"?  Slapstick is physical comedy, like Charlie Chaplin, or the Three Stooges... 

We need something to distract us from the horror of those Quality covers! :)

1 minute ago, 29dukedog said:

How 'bout one of my favorite Phantom Lady panels, from All Top #11...  

AllTop11_PL_panel.jpg

Pre-Code goodness!  When a woman superhero goes shopping, of course it's for lingerie. :)

20 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Odd that these get posted together. I just picked these up in a local trade last weekend for some marginal SA books! The guy doesn't like "love books"

Coincidences and kangaroos abound. 

I know it isn't romance but the reprint in Daring Adventures (Phantom Lady) is still a great deal considering how Bakers have gone up in value. You can get a decent copy for $50 and under.

I'd have to say that Teen-age romances 19 is a really difficult issue to get.  I have a very low grade copy.   Are there even any high grade issues out there?  

17 minutes ago, JvR11 said:

I'd have to say that Teen-age romances 19 is a really difficult issue to get.  I have a very low grade copy.   

I don't have one (been looking, no luck).

4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Odd that these get posted together. I just picked these up in a local trade last weekend for some marginal SA books! The guy doesn't like "love books"

comtruelovepictorial10.jpg

comtruelovepictorial11.jpg

Sounds like my kind of seller!

1 hour ago, JvR11 said:

I'd have to say that Teen-age romances 19 is a really difficult issue to get.  I have a very low grade copy.   Are there even any high grade issues out there?  

Census says there's a 7.0 and a 5.5.  I bought this copy almost five years ago and haven't been able to upgrade in the interim.  Hard to see in the scan, but this copy has a bad spine roll.  I'd like to get it pressed, just to improve its appearance.  With the detached cover, removing the spine roll may not have much effect on the grade. 

2018-03-03-0001_zpsv0n9nx0b.jpg